View Poll Results: How Will The Packers Do In The Postseason?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose in Divisional Round

0 0%
  • Win Divisional Round/Lose NFC Title Game

14 50.00%
  • Win NFC Title/Lose Super Bowl

1 3.57%
  • Lombardi Trophy Baby!!

13 46.43%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will The Packers Do In The Postseason?

GB will get Dallas unless the Loins get lucky as hell. THEY WILL BE TOUGH TO BEAT. If they beat the Cowboys worry about the Chickens then.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Glory View Post
    if we're getting ahead of ourselves and figuring out how to be Seattle, we have to use the entire field. I'm sick to death of teams fearing Sherman. Yeah he's good but he's not the best cover corner and he can be beat and attacked in certain ways. You simply can't win if you refuse to play on both sides of the field vs that defense.
    Agree 100 percent with this...unless the zebras throw the whistle away he will get called for a few, and Nelson can beat him deep. Unless SEA is up big they will sneak the safeties up to pay the run and that's when Rodgers can go bombs away.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    GB will get Dallas unless the Loins get lucky as hell. THEY WILL BE TOUGH TO BEAT. If they beat the Cowboys worry about the Chickens then.
    I'm buying less and less into the Lions needing to be super lucky to beat Dallas. It depends on if they're "deflated" at all after this game. They have the kind of defense Dallas struggles with (the same kind the Packers struggles with) and the Dallas defense has been susceptible to a Lions type offense. It depends on which versions of Romo/Stafford show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I'm buying less and less into the Lions needing to be super lucky to beat Dallas. It depends on if they're "deflated" at all after this game. They have the kind of defense Dallas struggles with (the same kind the Packers struggles with) and the Dallas defense has been susceptible to a Lions type offense. It depends on which versions of Romo/Stafford show up.
    Suh was just suspended. I withdraw my statement about the Lions having a shot.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Just posted on the other thread about Suh being suspended for the WC game in Dallas. I've just had another thought, now with the suspension, nobody will give DET a chance. All kinds of shit will be talked about them this whole week about being a dirty team with Raiola and Suh. Disrespect can be a motivator. Maybe we want the hurt and disrespected Lions to play in Dallas
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    What is the word on Nick Fairley? Saving him for the playoffs?
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    What is the word on Nick Fairley? Saving him for the playoffs?
    Injured, and I think already declared out for Dallas game
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I didn't see the Dallas win in Seattle, but the box score seems to indicate that Dallas took what Seattle gave them. A lot of short passes not only to WR's but to RB's and Witten. I would bet Romo threw a lot of screen passes. Witten and Escobar caught the only TD passes for 3 yds and 2 yds respectively. Of course, they also got 115 yds of rushing from Murray and another 52 from Randle.

GB should be able to follow this pattern equally well. ...IF Stubby can resist his downfield shots every four passes, which he's been resisting a little lately.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...wks-highlights

Dallas @ Seattle 2014 Season Highlights ... SCORE: Dallas 30 - Seattle 23

Here's how it went as far as the biggest plays.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I think we make it to the NFC Championship game and then get bounced by Seattle.

It's just not a good matchup for us in any way. Dunderdummy is always dunderdummy, and Stubby is a very predictable playcaller. If the game were in Lambeau I'd say we had a 50/50 shot, but in Seattle I give us about a 20% chance of winning.

The Buffalo game screwed the pooch.

Agree on your assessment of our chance in Seattle

But I'd challenge you to look at last year's stats and then this year what Dom had done with better players and give him some credit for this year.

Giving you a chance for a Mea Culpa Wisty......just say it once. Domgenius !

REGARDLESS I don't think we'll be blaming Dom for the Seattle loss; we'll be giving kudos to the Seattle Defense which is now pretty healthy..unlike earlier in the season.

Dallas won't beat them either right now
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I vote that neither Wist nor Bretsky get to give the pre-game speech if GB plays Seattle.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Agree on your assessment of our chance in Seattle

But I'd challenge you to look at last year's stats and then this year what Dom had done with better players and give him some credit for this year.

Giving you a chance for a Mea Culpa Wisty......just say it once. Domgenius !

REGARDLESS I don't think we'll be blaming Dom for the Seattle loss; we'll be giving kudos to the Seattle Defense which is now pretty healthy..unlike earlier in the season.

Dallas won't beat them either right now
    NO - will never, ever speak such blasphemy!!!

I do acknowledge that he has been much, much better this year - with a few brainfarts mixed in along the way; and some pathetic run defense early in the year. Yes, dunderdummy has been better this year - but, as you all know, he can never, ever be trusted - EVER!!!!
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I vote that neither Wist nor Bretsky get to give the pre-game speech if GB plays Seattle.
    I'm awesome at pregame speeches - I really do want to kill people - literally!!! Rip their throats out, gouge their eyes out, bite their fingers off!!! No holds barred!!!

If that isn't inspirational, I don't know what is... I'll have 'em fired up right and proper mate
    wist

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I voted in line with Wist and Bretsky. It's looking like a bitch of a path to the superbowl for us. Assuming Dallas takes out the suddenly imploding Lions, we'll have the perfect 8-0 road warrior Cowboys coming to Lambeau. Then more than likely Seattle where we'll have a punchers chance but shit. I'll be honest I haven't felt it all year. I've been waiting for a decent road performance that never came. This may be the best offense in the NFL but they are inconsistent IMO. While I'm more or less pleased with the defense this season Its hard to stay optimistic about them. They're usually good for pitching a stinker when the rest of the country is watching.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Dallas doesn't scare me all that much. I still remember how PITIFUL their defense was last year. You don't fix that tire fire entirely in one year. The Cowboys have given up the 26th most passing yards this season. Rodgers is going to eat that defense for lunch...Green Bay is easily the strongest offense they have faced all year.

Considering the issues Dallas has had winning in Jerry World this year and their lack of postseason success in general for 2 decades...I wouldn't pencil them in at Lambeau just yet. Detroit and Dallas are just fortunate that one of them has to win.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

i think if we get dal it'll be pretty much an even match. last one with the ball wins.

Dallas and Seattle are both overrated right now.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i think if we get dal it'll be pretty much an even match. last one with the ball wins.
    Bedard has the Packers as most likely top seed to be one and done because "Dallas has a ball control offense that can give the Packers fits".

Greggy has 1/2 the equation... Dallas doesn't have the complimentary smothering defense.

Personally, I think he's trolling his old readership.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Nobody scares me. If the Packers play up to their ability they can beat any of those teams. If not, fuggit, they didn't deserve to win.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Nobody scares me. If the Packers play up to their ability they can beat any of those teams.
    Let me translate your bravado: "If the Packers play well in Seattle they likely will win."

No, the Packers have looked generic on the road all year. Seattle looks even better than last year at home. Packers will have to play well just to have a puncher's chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Let me translate your bravado: "If the Packers play well in Seattle they likely will win."

No, the Packers have looked generic on the road all year. Seattle looks even better than last year at home. Packers will have to play well just to have a puncher's chance.
    Agree 100% with that... it will be a very tough row to hoe in Seattle.

Like I said, our best chance for advancing to the SB was lost in Buffalo. If we lost in Buffalo when we knew how important a game it was - that doesn't bode well for our chances in Seattle.
    wist