Thread: Lions game studs and duds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Studs

The MVP...even Favre would be proud of this effort.
    Packer OL...after Rodgers came back, he was barely touched back there.
    Lacy...the fumble hurt, but they guy would not go down to any of the first 3 defenders who grabbed him.
    Nelson...most yardage for a Packers receiver ever in a season.
    Cobb...was the impact in space that Green Bay needed against Detroit. Thompson is going to have to pay the man.
    Team defense...no single player stood out, but a lot of guys made a big play here or there. They often came up big when they needed to in the 2nd half.

Duds

Slocum...easily the worst special teams coach in the NFL. I could find a better option in a mental ward.
    Brad Jones...easily the worst LB in the NFL. Again, I could find a better option from a group of guys on crutches.
    Jim Caldwell...down 10 points with time almost running out in the shadow of his own end zone, he has his team run another play at the 5 second mark for some dumb reason. Could you imagine if someone got hurt on that play when both teams are playoff bound? Thank God whoever caught the 2 yard pass had far more sense than anyone else on the Lions and just ran out of bounds. Really, really, really dumb.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Studs

The MVP...even Favre would be proud of this effort.
    Packer OL...after Rodgers came back, he was barely touched back there.
    Lacy...the fumble hurt, but they guy would not go down to any of the first 3 defenders who grabbed him.
    Nelson...most yardage for a Packers receiver ever in a season.
    Cobb...was the impact in space that Green Bay needed against Detroit. Thompson is going to have to pay the man.
    Team defense...no single player stood out, but a lot of guys made a big play here or there. They often came up big when they needed to in the 2nd half.

Duds

Slocum...easily the worst special teams coach in the NFL. I could find a better option in a mental ward.
    Brad Jones...easily the worst LB in the NFL. Again, I could find a better option from a group of guys on crutches.
    Jim Caldwell...down 10 points with time almost running out in the shadow of his own end zone, he has his team run another play at the 5 second mark for some dumb reason. Could you imagine if someone got hurt on that play when both teams are playoff bound? Thank God whoever caught the 2 yard pass had far more sense than anyone else on the Lions and just ran out of bounds. Really, really, really dumb.
    And we bitch about McCarthy? Caldwell's first head scratcher was going for it on 4th and TEN in the first half of the game around the 40 yard line. Then he challenges the down by contact play after the ball came out of Lacy's hands while Eddie was on the ground? Pure genius I tell ya.
    Last edited by Pugger; 12-30-2014 at 12:02 AM.