Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater Emerging as NFL's Top Rookie Quarterback

Teddy Bridgewater Emerging as NFL's Top Rookie Quarterback

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nesota-vikings

Teddy Bridgewater Emerging as NFL's Top Rookie Quarterback

By Cian Fahey , Featured Columnist

Dec 21, 2014
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Like a bridge over Teddy, water....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    When your QB rating is lower than Jay Cutler, RG III and Kyle Orton and you might be the best; it ain't saying much for the rookies this year!!!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Vikings are gonna be good next year. Watch out. I'm being serious.

1. They have a great coach. Zimmer is awesome.

2. AP will be back and take a lot of pressure off of Bridgewater.

3. Great D.

4. Solid wideouts. The former Packer and the athletic dude that they primarily use as a returner will continue to get better. I suspect they draft a wideout in R1, too.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

3. Great D.

4. Solid wideouts. The former Packer and the athletic dude that they primarily use as a returner will continue to get better. I suspect they draft a wideout in R1, too.
    The Vikings are headed in the right direction.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

3. Great D.

Don't know about AP, but the Vikes will be competitive. Damn.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    The Vikings will suck next year. Not even .500. Their offensive line is pathetic. Their WR are just not good, Paterson isn't even playing, Johnson couldnt make our squad, Jennings is old and Rudolph can't stay healthy. Defensively They have no secondary besides Harrison, Rhodes is not that good he is two years from being a top 15 CB.

Not worried about this team at all Bridgewater is not that good. Terrible short throws and cant connect long. He has a weird throwing motion for short range throws that will be seen by all the defensive Coordinators and will be a detriment.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201412...7115&tab=recap

Teddy Bridgewater throws for a TD in the Red Zone to WR Jarius Wright;

followed by a 2 Pt. conversion to knot the score @ 28.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-23-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Teddy has gotten better as the year has gone on. He's not going to be a superstar but he'll be better than a game manager. If Zimmer can get the defense to continue to improve, the Vikes will be at least a .500 team next year and likely better, with or without AP.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    When your QB rating is lower than Jay Cutler, RG III and Kyle Orton and you might be the best; it ain't saying much for the rookies this year!!!
    Well, a lot of the rookies do play for some pretty bad teams. Derek Carr is showing a bit despite a lack of weapons in Oakland. At least Blake Bortles is still standing in Jacksonville. Not many of the rookies will walk into the situations that Wilson/Luck inherited.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    The Vikings will suck next year. Not even .500. Their offensive line is pathetic. Their WR are just not good, Paterson isn't even playing, Johnson couldnt make our squad, Jennings is old and Rudolph can't stay healthy. Defensively They have no secondary besides Harrison, Rhodes is not that good he is two years from being a top 15 CB.

Not worried about this team at all Bridgewater is not that good. Terrible short throws and cant connect long. He has a weird throwing motion for short range throws that will be seen by all the defensive Coordinators and will be a detriment.
    Tony Tony Tony, never let the facts get in the way of an anti Viking rant eh? He's been improving all year. You know who the most accurate qb is on throws more than 20 yards in the entire NFL the last month?

Guess.....

From ESPN:

"The past four weeks, Bridgewater has hit 65.4 percent of his throws of at least 10 yards, which is the highest completion percentage in the league over that stretch. His completion percentage when throwing at least 15 yards also leads the league, and it's even more impressive -- 76.5 percent. And 20-plus yards? Bridgewater's completion percentage is tops in the league there too -- he's gone 6-for-9 on such throws for 190 yards, a touchdown and an interception. "

Blog Entries
    I was wrong about this kid. I didn't think he'd make it. I happened to catch a few of his weak games at Louisville. He is developing into a solid packet passer and makes the effort to stay in the pocket and execute those tosses. Derek Carr is the only kid QB that is better than Teddy B.

That said, he's a Viking so I hope he sustains a career ending injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Tony Tony Tony, never let the facts get in the way of an anti Viking rant eh? He's been improving all year. You know who the most accurate qb is on throws more than 20 yards in the entire NFL the last month?

Guess.....

From ESPN:

"The past four weeks, Bridgewater has hit 65.4 percent of his throws of at least 10 yards, which is the highest completion percentage in the league over that stretch. His completion percentage when throwing at least 15 yards also leads the league, and it's even more impressive -- 76.5 percent. And 20-plus yards? Bridgewater's completion percentage is tops in the league there too -- he's gone 6-for-9 on such throws for 190 yards, a touchdown and an interception. "
    I guess to be fair to Tony, maybe he only watched the second Packer-Viking game? Teddy didn't look very accurate in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I was wrong about this kid. I didn't think he'd make it. I happened to catch a few of his weak games at Louisville. He is developing into a solid packet passer and makes the effort to stay in the pocket and execute those tosses. Derek Carr is the only kid QB that is better than Teddy B.

That said, he's a Viking so I hope he sustains a career ending injury.

He also lives and breathes football and wants to continue to get better....you can't measure that.

I like the looks of the guy.

BTW, Tolzien has been in league for 4 years. Why can't he be a backup? No, I won't let it go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I like the looks of the guy.

BTW, Tolzien has been in league for 4 years. Why can't he be a backup? No, I won't let it go.
    You call me Ahab?

Tolzien is your little albino Minke whale.

That's a hell of a note when you compare the 2010 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award winner to a fish.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    That's a hell of a note when you compare the 2010 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award winner to a fish.
    Whales are mammals, like dogs.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Like a bridge over Teddy, water....
    That reminds me of...

Like a bitch out of order
    Like a bat out of hell
    Like a fish out of water
    I'm scared, can't you tell

(Don't like the gun reference, and I want to believe that she meant it metaphorically, but this is Madonna's best song since "Like a Virgin.")

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Whales are mammals, like dogs.
    Do you believe everything you hear on PBS? Ever see a whale with nice jugs? nuff said.