Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Fire Slocum! Thread

Packers finish 32nd in Dallas Morning News Special Teams Rankings. http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...s-rankings.ece

Oh how the mighty* have fallen!

* mighty = significantly below average.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers finish 32nd in Dallas Morning News Special Teams Rankings. http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...s-rankings.ece
    M3 will get that fixed.
    C.H.U.D.

Still 22nd at Football Outsiders!

Fire Slocum!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Hmm, weird, I had them at 35th.

Look at the loser teams we are down there with

Giants 6-10
    Bears 5-11
    Jacksonville 3-13
    Tennessee 2-14
    San Diego 9-7
    Washington 4-12
    Carolina 7-8-1

If we don't get rid of Slocum now then we never will. He doesn't even have the injury excuse from past years.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    If we don't get rid of Slocum now then we never will.
    i said the same thing last year.......

and the year before.....

and the year before that too

i'm personally not holding my breath

Many here predicted that ST's would play a significant role in terms of a Packers loss in the NFC Championship game:

It will take awhile for that to set in with Head Coach Mike McCarthy.

Maybe after next season?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Taking into account MM's brother having passed, the timing of any assistant coaching change might be thrown off. I'm really hoping that they are doing their due diligence and tkaing a hard look at whether we can win with the present state of special teams. Nobody is saying the players are not somewhat culpable for the results on the field, but the coordinator has to be able to get the results needed from the players, and that's just not happening. Please MM, do not continue your blind loyalty to Slocum, no matter whether he is your buddy or not. Hopefully TT can talk to MM and convince him that it's time to shore up this important 1/3 of the team, especially when some good assistants are now out there and being picked up fast. Standing pat would be a mistake.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Taking into account MM's brother having passed, the timing of any assistant coaching change might be thrown off. I'm really hoping that they are doing their due diligence and tkaing a hard look at whether we can win with the present state of special teams. Nobody is saying the players are not somewhat culpable for the results on the field, but the coordinator has to be able to get the results needed from the players, and that's just not happening. Please MM, do not continue your blind loyalty to Slocum, no matter whether he is your buddy or not. Hopefully TT can talk to MM and convince him that it's time to shore up this important 1/3 of the team, especially when some good assistants are now out there and being picked up fast. Standing pat would be a mistake.
    Common Roots:

Ted Thompson from Atlanta , Texas; played LBer at Southern Methodist University, Texas.

Shawn Slocum graduated from Bryan High School in Bryan, Texas; played LBer at Texas A & M University.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Common Roots:

Ted Thompson from Atlanta , Texas; played LBer at Southern Methodist University, Texas.

Shawn Slocum graduated from Bryan High School in Bryan, Texas; played LBer at Texas A & M University.
    Those towns are 210 miles apart. That's like saying residents of Madison, WI and St. Paul Minnesota share roots. Possible, but you really don't know anything.

Not to mention the 12 year difference in their ages.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I thought the "forum thought" was that Slocum's daddy once employed MM.

Every day is fire Slocum day! Fire Slocum now!
    C.H.U.D.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m1 minute ago
    #Packers sign former Alabama punter Cody Mandell. Tim Masthay will have competition at least for the off-season.

Ghost of Mike Strock returns to haunt Packer Special Teams. If John Bonamego couldn't fix it, who can?

My mother's maiden name is Slocum and I have no idea if ol' Shawn is a distant relative or not but I should find out since he seems to have some dirt or pictures on someone associated with Green Bay. Qualifications and results don't seem to matter so if we're related maybe I can get a job with the Packers by way of nepotism or cronyism. How this guy still has his job is beyond me. I have no idea what it's going to take to get rid of him because evidently proving his incompetence year after year isn't enough.

Carolina Packer has a good point in that M.M.'s brother passing away probably caused a delay with implementing any changes the team is contemplating.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    M3 will get that fixed.

Mike McCarthy has difficulty
    unravelling complicated things.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Mike McCarthy has difficulty
    unravelling complicated things.
    stubby would have trouble with a single cube Rubik's cube.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    stubby would have trouble with a single cube Rubik's cube.
    That's the only one I solved without help

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    WTF

WHY HAS THIS GUY NOT BEEN FIRED YET ?

SEND HIM AND THAT ILLL REJECT WITH A ONE WAY RIDE TO THE NORTH FLIPPIN POLE

FIRE SLOCUM................AND ZOOK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The McCarthy/Slocum connection goes back to 1990, when they worked together as graduate assistant coaches at Pittsburgh.