Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MY HOE AND PRAYER FOR THE PACKERS FIRST ROUND PICK IN THE NEXT DRAFT

MY HOE AND PRAYER FOR THE PACKERS FIRST ROUND PICK IN THE NEXT DRAFT

Shit! I screwed up the title. Moderator, please give me a P hahahaha.

I want to get this posted BEFORE tomorrow's Wisconsin game because I want it regardless of how that game goes down. Never mind the fact that we have Lacy and he's exceptional. Never mind the fact that Starks is a fairly decent change of pace RB. Never mind the fact that Harris might be a better change of pace RB than Starks.

I WANT MELVIN GORDON TAKEN BY THE PACKERS!

Never mind that we need a good ILB - the second round will work for that. Never mind that it wouldn't be a bad idea to copy what the Cowboys have done with first round picks in their O Line - our luck/skill/whatever will first round O Lineman hasn't been so hot (Ted just ain't Jerry hahahahaha).

Maybe Gordon will be gone by the time the Packers pick - I've heard it said he could go as high as #1 or 2, but the way it has been with RBs, I'd say it's 60/40 he's still there for us - just as Lacy was there in the second round. IMO, Gordon is a once in a generation player whose ability will translate to the NFL. I've been around since Jim Brown, and I haven't seen anybody other than Brown and maybe O.J. who was better - not even Sayers or Sanders, certainly not Emmet Smith or Payton.

Just imagine Gordon's breakaway ability and Rodgers' passing, and salivate about it. 60% of the plays Gordon on the field, and 40% Lacy.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    stop being a hoe
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

seriously though, Packers won't get a sniff at Gordon, but I'd take 'em if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

I want to get this posted BEFORE tomorrow's Wisconsin game because I want it regardless of how that game goes down. Never mind the fact that we have Lacy and he's exceptional. Never mind the fact that Starks is a fairly decent change of pace RB. Never mind the fact that Harris might be a better change of pace RB than Starks.

Never mind that we need a good ILB - the second round will work for that. Never mind that it wouldn't be a bad idea to copy what the Cowboys have done with first round picks in their O Line - our luck/skill/whatever will first round O Lineman hasn't been so hot (Ted just ain't Jerry hahahahaha).

Maybe Gordon will be gone by the time the Packers pick - I've heard it said he could go as high as #1 or 2, but the way it has been with RBs, I'd say it's 60/40 he's still there for us - just as Lacy was there in the second round. IMO, Gordon is a once in a generation player whose ability will translate to the NFL. I've been around since Jim Brown, and I haven't seen anybody other than Brown and maybe O.J. who was better - not even Sayers or Sanders, certainly not Emmet Smith or Payton.

Just imagine Gordon's breakaway ability and Rodgers' passing, and salivate about it. 60% of the plays Gordon on the field, and 40% Lacy.

Say, would you mind posting a picture of your hoe?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

WOW !

You love this guy.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Say, would you mind posting a picture of your hoe?

Gordon could be there. Hard to say. CBSSports has 2 mock drafts. One has Gordon going #14, the other at #29. Packers will be picking between 25-32. Why would you use a #1 pick on Gordon and reduce Lacy's carries? I can't see TT doing it.

Gordon may be a step above the other Badger RB's that have failed in the NFL, but he's not Walter Payton. I'd pass.

Lacy is a great fit with this offense: he can block, catch and break tackles, and what he brings is enough to get most defenses out of the 2-deep shell. I am not sure that having Gordon on the field would make the Packer offense all that much more difficult to defend, and if he is only going to be on the field for 20-30 plays then I'm not sure that is worth a D1. They have real needs at inside linebacker, defensive line, tackle and TE. And possibly CB and WR depending on what happens with their FAs-to-be. If there is first round talent at one of those positions, take it.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Just questions, so don't get your panties in a wad...

How much of Gordon's success is due to the Wisconsin OL? Apparently, two starting OLinemen sat out the Ohio State game and Gordon was held below 100 yds.

If Gordon wasn't available at our draft spot, but Gurley was, would you draft Todd Gurley with your first draft pick? Same size players and arguably Gurley is just as good.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Maxie hoe the boat ashore, hallelujah!

I remember when Melvin Gordon arrived as skinny freshmen, Monte Ball and James White said Gordon was going to be a much better player than either of them. That is an eye opening statement from college running backs who were pretty hot shit themselves.

Now that Gordon has proven he can take and give a beating inside, plus catch passes, he's a gem for any team to take anywhere, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Just questions, so don't get your panties in a wad...

How much of Gordon's success is due to the Wisconsin OL? Apparently, two starting OLinemen sat out the Ohio State game and Gordon was held below 100 yds.

If Gordon wasn't available at our draft spot, but Gurley was, would you draft Todd Gurley with your first draft pick? Same size players and arguably Gurley is just as good.
    Ohio State sold out to stop the run, double A gap blitzes on any running down. Gordon was the only option on offense the Buckeyes were concerned with. That's not to say his OL wasn't a difference, but RBs can be stopped, even if they are other worldly talented.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ohio State sold out to stop the run, double A gap blitzes on any running down. Gordon was the only option on offense the Buckeyes were concerned with. That's not to say his OL wasn't a difference, but RBs can be stopped, even if they are other worldly talented.
    http://thedrive.fm/blogs/news-from-t...barry-sanders/

Sorry, this is a terrible video - but Barry Sanders was held to -1 yards. It can be done.

Take it to the Garbage Can, Tex.

We kinda have to let Tank do his Hoes and Pimps thread now, don't we?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    NO

Rat Starter
    Well, there's no need for a Pimps & Hoes thread when Harlan immediately starts a similar thread the moment a game ended. What an attention whore, that Harlan Huckleby.

Like McGinn, I like to review the Packers in 30 minutes on NFL Shortcuts before I give out my unbiased grades. By the time I review the film, it is usually too late.

Btw, Gordon: Poor man's Jameel Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Btw, Gordon: Poor man's Jameel Charles.
    except Gordon doesn't have Charles' Kapaernickesque pipestem legs.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    except Gordon doesn't have Charles' Kapaernickesque pipestem legs.
    lol