Forget all this you geezers.

The most important thing about last night's games was that I discovered the 24/7 skycam angle (ESPN calls it the SpiderCam). ESPN has it and I am nearly certain NBC does for Sunday night games as well. You can watch the entire game on this thing if you use the App for the channel. Let me list a few of its key features:

1. No announcers.

2. GREAT view of the field from the QB and RB perspective. You want to know why a RB choose a certain hole or why the QB called in a protection switch? This view shows you. You want to see the QB see and feel the pass rush? This angle shows you. You want a presnap coverage view so you know what the defense wants to do? This angle does it for you. I also discovered that yes, there are safeties on the field even when the normal angle pretends they are not there.

3. No announcers.

4. Fewer commercials. There are still some, but because of timing, there are fewer and you get a nice, Muzak scored ESPN splash screen for a few blessed moments of peace before AllState tells you how much of your premium they are funneling back to college scholarships for teams that rake in billions.

5. No announcers.

6. Much fewer graphics.

7. No announcers.

8. Built in close ups and trailing coverage. If the offense runs wide, the skycam is fast enough to follow the flow of the play and let you see the blocking develop. Its great to watch a safety or LB filling a gap from this angle. You will be cringing before the hit.

9. No announcers.

10. Ball placement. Ever have doubts about how the ball is placed when the carrier is downed? This angle will make it clear they are (pretty accurate). By the end of the play, the skycap is hovering directly over the pile.

11. No announcers.

There are a couple of downsides. Only one of the games had the score plastered on the screen. And you have to mentally keep track of down and distance. I think it would work great with the radio broadcast.

No go back to yelling at people near your lawn.