Thread: Game lengths

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Both the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl went almost 4 hours. I'm not a fan...but it isn't going to change. Viewership for the playoff games will be significantly higher than recent BCS bowl game averages. The money raked in by all involved is not going to make them consider shortening anything.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Both the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl went almost 4 hours. I'm not a fan...but it isn't going to change. Viewership for the playoff games will be significantly higher than recent BCS bowl game averages. The money raked in by all involved is not going to make them consider shortening anything.
    That's the bully pulpit that ESPN has since they purchased the rights to the game. Make back as much money from advertising as possible and don't worry about flow of the game. Is it a good TV product, though? I've only been to one Sunday Night Football game where NBC was doing the broadcast. It was Green Bay at Atlanta in 2011 and the play stoppages for the telecast were annoying as a fan sitting in the stands.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan