Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
You were the one who asked for "a side-by-side comparison to a random sample of demographically matched men." All I have done is try to figure out who YOU want to compare them to. I didn't make any statements one way or the other about the frequency of arrests among NFLers.

I'm not hung up on money at all. I simply asked if $ should be a factor for you in establishing the comparison you want. Money does determine where you can live, how you can live, what things you can do, where you can go. Great wealth also attracts "friends" you never knew you had.
Ya, sorry, I get annoyed at this constant barrage directed toward NFL players, because I'm certain there's an agenda behind it. Still, I'd compare them to peers with (few) and without money, and compare them to themselves, before and after contracts. And yes, it's a challenging demographic comparison not just because of the money, but because the mechanism of acquiring the money is so different than for others with money. Think of the vast difference in people who acquire wealth by other means, like entertainers, doctors, entrepreneurs, etc. It's like a physical lottery for a lot of kids and doesn't compare well with people who gradually acquire wealth over a lifetime of work.