Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015 " I just can't stay out of jail " Thread .

RE: Jets LB Jermaine Cunningham

" He was also charged with destruction of clothing "

Ohh no Mr. Bill. That's very serious....paranoia.

mmmm ...What a pervert.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You were the one who asked for "a side-by-side comparison to a random sample of demographically matched men." All I have done is try to figure out who YOU want to compare them to. I didn't make any statements one way or the other about the frequency of arrests among NFLers.

I'm not hung up on money at all. I simply asked if $ should be a factor for you in establishing the comparison you want. Money does determine where you can live, how you can live, what things you can do, where you can go. Great wealth also attracts "friends" you never knew you had.
    Ya, sorry, I get annoyed at this constant barrage directed toward NFL players, because I'm certain there's an agenda behind it. Still, I'd compare them to peers with (few) and without money, and compare them to themselves, before and after contracts. And yes, it's a challenging demographic comparison not just because of the money, but because the mechanism of acquiring the money is so different than for others with money. Think of the vast difference in people who acquire wealth by other means, like entertainers, doctors, entrepreneurs, etc. It's like a physical lottery for a lot of kids and doesn't compare well with people who gradually acquire wealth over a lifetime of work.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ya, sorry, I get annoyed at this constant barrage directed toward NFL players, because I'm certain there's an agenda behind it. Still, I'd compare them to peers with (few) and without money, and compare them to themselves, before and after contracts. And yes, it's a challenging demographic comparison not just because of the money, but because the mechanism of acquiring the money is so different than for others with money. Think of the vast difference in people who acquire wealth by other means, like entertainers, doctors, entrepreneurs, etc. It's like a physical lottery for a lot of kids and doesn't compare well with people who gradually acquire wealth over a lifetime of work.
    The closest comparison for some might be a lottery winner. Little money today, millions tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The closest comparison for some might be a lottery winner. Little money today, millions tomorrow.
    Well. They're winners of the genetic lottery, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Well. They're winners of the genetic lottery, to be sure.
    Physically, yeah. Mentally, not so much. But, brains don't pay as well as jumping ability and height.

Ain't that the truth!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-february-9/

Greg Hardy will stand trial on February 9

Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2015, 7:29 AM EST
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/10...rry-of-firearm

Jets RB (Chris) Johnson arrested for open carry of firearm

The Sports Xchange

First posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 04:54 PM EST | Updated: Saturday, January 10, 2015 05:04 PM EST

" New York Jets running back Chris Johnson was arrested Friday night in Orlando, Fla., and charged with the open carrying of a firearm.

The Orlando Police Department confirmed the arrest for a second-degree misdemeanor but refused to disclose any details. "

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/10...rry-of-firearm

Jets RB (Chris) Johnson arrested for open carry of firearm

The Sports Xchange

First posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 04:54 PM EST | Updated: Saturday, January 10, 2015 05:04 PM EST

" New York Jets running back Chris Johnson was arrested Friday night in Orlando, Fla., and charged with the open carrying of a firearm.

The Orlando Police Department confirmed the arrest for a second-degree misdemeanor but refused to disclose any details. "
    I don't think this one is a big deal. I read an article that said it was for an improperly cased gun in his car. He had all the proper permits and registrations, but apparently had it in a closed shoulder bag of some sort (one article called it a book bag), and the law requires a locked case when in the car.

Yup. Provided the shoulder bag didn't also contain a bunch of drugs, no big.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-comments

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...olts/21770811/

Indianapolis Colts LB Josh McNary Charged with Rape:

Latest Details and Comments

By: Matt Fitzgerald , Featured Columnist

Jan. 14, 2015

" Indianapolis Colts linebacker Josh McNary was charged Wednesday with one count of rape, one count of battery resulting in bodily injury and one count of criminal confinement.

FOX59's Greg Margason reported the news, noting the incident being investigated transpired "on or around December 1." Superior Court Judge Sheila Carlisle has signed a warrant for McNary's arrest. "

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-paid-leave/

Colts ask NFL to put McNary on paid leave

Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2015, 10:20 AM EST

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-paid-leave/

Colts ask NFL to put McNary on paid leave

Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
    This is the end of the road of the very bad precedent in the wake of the Peterman example. It is effectively a presumption of guilt, which is a terrible thing for any justice system, particularly ours.

It also presents an excellent way of removing an opponents' player(s) from a critical game. Find someone to accuse a star player of rape (find someone in Tacoma to say Rodgers assaulted her for example) and the NFL must put him on paid leave until it is sorted out. No one would do that you say, and I say: just wait.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This is the end of the road of the very bad precedent in the wake of the Peterman example. It is effectively a presumption of guilt, which is a terrible thing for any justice system, particularly ours.

It also presents an excellent way of removing an opponents' player(s) from a critical game. Find someone to accuse a star player of rape (find someone in Tacoma to say Rodgers assaulted her for example) and the NFL must put him on paid leave until it is sorted out. No one would do that you say, and I say: just wait.
    I agree completely, though an arrest is often more damning than an accusation.

Mueller in his report said they shouldn't wait for the criminal justice system to finish, which makes sense. Not guilty is often not a synonym for innocent. But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be an investigation first.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I agree completely, though an arrest is often more damning than an accusation.

Mueller in his report said they shouldn't wait for the criminal justice system to finish, which makes sense. Not guilty is often not a synonym for innocent. But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be an investigation first.
    The league requires that formal charges be brought against the player before putting him on the exempt list. In this case it took 6 weeks for that to happen. There was quite a bit of investigation done, with evidence that corroborated the woman's claim. Maybe a woman could go all 'Gone Girl' on a player, and make a public case that looked sensational and push for fast action, but that would take a good bit of planning and preparation to pull off.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The league requires that formal charges be brought against the player before putting him on the exempt list. In this case it took 6 weeks for that to happen. There was quite a bit of investigation done, with evidence that corroborated the woman's claim. Maybe a woman could go all 'Gone Girl' on a player, and make a public case that looked sensational and push for fast action, but that would take a good bit of planning and preparation to pull off.
    a lot of fans buy tickets in advance.

the other good thing, that should make everyone feel assured that the process is working well, is that prosecutors these days never file charges unless they have iron-clad cases. They never try to increase conviction rates by inducing people to accept pleas.

Blog Entries
    I'm not following this... Are you saying that a paid suspension by the NFL taints a jury when the justice system takes the case to court?

a lot of fans buy tickets in advance.
    What does that have to do with anything? The preparation I was referring to would be along the lines of a woman doing things to herself that would make it look like she was raped and then finding and consensually fucking the target player to complete the evidence for the police. A fake accusation has to have some well-faked supporting evidence or it won't go anywhere.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!