Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calf Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Rodgers can run anytime he wants. MM has given him the red light.
    Ohh !? ha haha
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ble-for-sunday

Injury roundup: Aaron Rodgers probable for Sunday also news on Dallas Cowboy Starters and more.....

By: Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Jan. 9, 2015 at 12:16 p.m. ... Updated: Jan. 9, 2015 at 05:09 p.m.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I do not believe we are going to see him only in the shotgun. We have to run the ball effectively in this game...and we don't do it as effectively out of the shotgun.

His largest risk of re-injury is going to come with acceleration. As long as he doesn't scramble, I think his chances of re-injury are slight due to the 2 full weeks to rehab. He simply HAS to be content to throw the ball away early during this game if nothing is there.

I don't think he will have much issue working from under center on occasion as long as the footing on the field is OK. The guy played for almost a FULL HALF on this damn calf right after injuring it. HE RAN A FUCKING QB SNEAK WITH IT. Now he's had TWO FULL WEEKS to rehab it. They will be able to wrap and treat the muscle properly to prevent re-injury as much as possible. He's not going to be a tree in the backfield, people...because (a) that isn't who Aaron Rodgers is and (b) the Packers aren't winning this game with a Jerry Glanville offensive game plan.

He didn't practice for so long because he needed to let it heal as much as possible to decrease potential for re-injury. That is all.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I do not believe we are going to see him only in the shotgun. We have to run the ball effectively in this game...and we don't do it as effectively out of the shotgun.

His largest risk of re-injury is going to come with acceleration. As long as he doesn't scramble, I think his chances of re-injury are slight due to the 2 full weeks to rehab. He simply HAS to be content to throw the ball away early during this game if nothing is there.

I don't think he will have much issue working from under center on occasion as long as the footing on the field is OK. The guy played for almost a FULL HALF on this damn calf right after injuring it. HE RAN A FUCKING QB SNEAK WITH IT. Now he's had TWO FULL WEEKS to rehab it. They will be able to wrap and treat the muscle properly to prevent re-injury as much as possible. He's not going to be a tree in the backfield, people...because (a) that isn't who Aaron Rodgers is and (b) the Packers aren't winning this game with a Jerry Glanville offensive game plan.

He didn't practice for so long because he needed to let it heal as much as possible to decrease potential for re-injury. That is all.
    An insightful post.

He did run a QB sneak but he twisted so awkwardly it looked like he was shot. I agree that to read coverage this week is to ignore his second half effectiveness entirely in the Lions game.

They have run numbers on the running game from shotgun and Lacy (at midseason) was better in shotgun than std. formation, though it was close. I think the pistol is the compromise that gives more traditional run angles and AR a head start on his drop. Also gets him away from being tripped if his steps away from center are affected.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He did run a QB sneak but he twisted so awkwardly it looked like he was shot. I agree that to read coverage this week is to ignore his second half effectiveness entirely in the Lions game.

They have run numbers on the running game from shotgun and Lacy (at midseason) was better in shotgun than std. formation, though it was close. I think the pistol is the compromise that gives more traditional run angles and AR a head start on his drop. Also gets him away from being tripped if his steps away from center are affected.
    It helps Eddie lacy avoid banging into the center of the LOS .... the Wall.

The Cowboys defensive strategy will be simple early.

They'll put pressure on AR and try to move him out of the pocket. He has to change up his game and maybe not play to the fact he's the most accurate passer in the NFL out of the pocket.

Aaron Rodgers cannot hold onto the ball too much for too long. His OL has to come up huge tomorrow. He and his WR's have to be on the same page in regards to routes.

Here is a perfect situation for MM and Aaron Rodgers to rely heavily on a solid running game.

The three stars for this game have to be :

Packers Team and Packers Team and Packers Team.

I hope the 'girls blitz Rodgers like crazy. We all know how well Aaron does against the blitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Packers QB Aaron Rodgers returned to the practice field for the first time since re-injuring his calf on Dec. 28 against Detroit, and during the team’s 11-on-11 work on Thursday, he took 50 to 60 percent of the snaps, according to Mike McCarthy.

“Aaron practiced in the team periods. He looked good,” McCarthy said. “He went down and did everything we asked him to do today. It’s always a better practice when he’s out there."

The key question is what did they ask him to do? Run full out wind sprints? Sit on a lawn chair with the gameplan reading? Sort of matters.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    The key question is what did they ask him to do? Run full out wind sprints? Sit on a lawn chair with the gameplan reading? Sort of matters.....
    Really.

MM isn't going to say:

"Aaron Rodgers looked terrible in practise today."

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Just put some dirt and one of these on him and he'll be OK.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Just put some dirt and one of these on him and he'll be OK.

They'll have Aaron Rodgers left calf well supported for sure.

I was thinking this product could help, As Seen On TV!

ZIP SOX™

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post

I expect to see a lot of pistol use, which might not be a bad thing. Last week out of the pistol they ran it 20 times for 107 yards.
    Go PACK

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...ing-in-Lambeau

Nothing got more publicity this week.

A torn gastrocnemius can be a bitch to come back from, they can really linger and are super easy to re-injure. But lots of rest typically gets you there. 300# douche bags standing on ones leg is typically not part of treatment.

He's had two weeks of rest with a, theoretically, world class training staff. If he can prevent from flexing that last 3-5%, he should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I expect to see a lot of pistol use, which might not be a bad thing. Last week out of the pistol they ran it 20 times for 107 yards.
    Yes...that will probably be used a lot, especially in those 3rd down and short situations.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Moderator:

Please move this thread to garbage can

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...after-week-17/

Mike McCarthy: Aaron Rodgers feeling better this week than after Week 17

Posted by Josh Alper on January 12, 2015, 5:16 PM EST

" Based on Sunday, Rodgers will be less mobile than usual but far from powerless to run the offense. Whether he’ll be able to run it better in Week One’s loss in Seattle will likely determine whether Green Bay has a chance to advance to the Super Bowl. "

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rs-is-injured/

Earl Thomas doesn’t believe Aaron Rodgers is injured

Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2015, 7:32 PM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

The comments are corner store funny.

Like a bunch of school kids.