Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: They'll be there ! The Joe and Troy Show @ Lambeau Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think they make a real effort to be unbiased, and they are not anti-Packer. But Aikman gets gloomy and complains about Cowboys' play whenever the opponent does well. And he gets excited when Cowboys make a play. He is a lifetime Dallas fan, of course.
    I thought that Aikman went off air when Dallas was looking bad Vs Detroit.

He became silent.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Fox is still better than CBS from commentators to production.
    Yes, but I don't watch any of their other programming.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I like Buck. I don't know why some Packer fans think he's anti-Packer.
    I don't think he's anti-Packer but he's a little boring IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Here's my question: who, currently in the business would you rather have announce the game?

I, generally prefer Buck-man to anyone else out there. CBS is horrible.
    I like Michaels/Collinsworth and Albert/Johnston/Goose better than Buck/Aikman. Goose I can take or leave, but you only hear from him 4 times a game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Gus Johnson!!!!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I like Michaels/Collinsworth and Albert/Johnston/Goose better than Buck/Aikman. Goose I can take or leave, but you only hear from him 4 times a game.
    Can't stand goose. He adds nothing to a telecast.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Albert/Collinsworth, I'm with you.

I like Albert, don't care for Johnston. Goose should take a dip in the South Polar Sea so the Japanese can "Harvest" him in the interests of "science".

There are two groups of people who generally do the best job of analysis in-game for the fans in my mind.

1. head coaches
    2. linemen/linebackers

Few in the second group find their way in the booth during NFL broadcasts though...I guess the fat guys aren't pretty enough? Howie does a good job in the studio. That leaves it mostly to coaches. Brian Billick was a good analyst to me. Gruden is reasonable. Madden was more entertaining than informative, but still had more to offer than most analysts currently.

I'm generally not a fan of QBs doing analysis on a live game. Phil Simms? ugh. Troy Aikman? ZZZzzz... Trent Green? Yawn. I think the QBs do a better job when they are given a studio or post game gig...like Steve Young or Trent Dilfer. I can't think of too many that have been any good in the booth.

Tirico is hands down the best play-by-play guy currently. He has stuff to say, but not overly so. He's well balanced...he does tons of sports other than football. Al Michaels is showing his age, but still good.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Gus Johnson!!!!
    I love Gus...but he's better on the sideline of a game played on hardwood.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Simms is a black hole. Where reason, thought and understanding are trapped, never to escape.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Steve Young is fantastic on The Bay Area radio station here. It's a different medium, but he just starts telling stories and has some really good insight.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Simms is a black hole. Where reason, thought and understanding are trapped, never to escape.
    unfortunately, the even horizon has a radius that envelopes Nance's head as well.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Gus Johnson!!!!
    love Gus Johnson. Like to pair him up with Lynch. That's your #1 team.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    unfortunately, the even horizon has a radius that envelopes Nance's head as well.
    Which would make his Master Coverage Gamma Rays and therefore deadly. I think that fits.

Blog Entries
    Many Packer fans hate Joe and Troy & I do, too.

This year, I went to the Packer Eagles game. Eagle fans hate Aikman and Buck with even more passion than an Arab hates the Jews. All Eagle fans hate J & T from birth. It is an pure, penetrating hate with no room for any positive emotions whatsoever.

They hated everything about Aikman, especially his Cowboyness. The game got away early, so the Philly fans got to vent their spleens about about their favorite NFL themes.

1. The NFL is rigged and the object of the rigging is the Eagles.
    2. Buck and Troy are a significant part of the plot.
    3. Aikman and Buck are gay.
    4. So are Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez.

Eagles fans also have such a self hating world view, you find yourself agreeing with them as a matter of self preservation. They also felt that Lambeau was beautiful temple to NFL football and Packer fans were the nicest people they had ever met. But because they are from "the Hostile City", they don't view "nice" as something positive to be. One guy guy even asked me, "Why are the people here all so nice"?, but it was asked in a tone that nice was always to be viewed with strong suspicion.

So Buck and Troy hate has legs throughout the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Here's my question: who, currently in the business would you rather have announce the game?
    All Michaels + anybody off the street = best crew in the biz

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Many Packer fans hate Joe and Troy & I do, too.

This year, I went to the Packer Eagles game. Eagle fans hate Aikman and Buck with even more passion than an Arab hates the Jews. All Eagle fans hate J & T from birth. It is an pure, penetrating hate with no room for any positive emotions whatsoever.

Aikman and Buck are gay.
    partial quote from KYPack

It's a heck of a cover up.

Michelle Beisner 'Joe Bucks wife' wearing Eagle Green.

Comment
    woodbuck27:

Joe Buck's as gay as Macho Maurice is a Cat's Ass.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Blog Entries
    Philly fans, Woody.

I'm quoting Philadelphia Eagle fans, who hate Joe Buck.

I don't think Joe B is gay.

I don't think gay men would fuck him either.

Eagles fans also have such a self hating world view, you find yourself agreeing with them as a matter of self preservation. They also felt that Lambeau was beautiful temple to NFL football and Packer fans were the nicest people they had ever met. But because they are from "the Hostile City", they don't view "nice" as something positive to be. One guy guy even asked me, "Why are the people here all so nice"?, but it was asked in a tone that nice was always to be viewed with strong suspicion.
    East Coast baby!

Philly fans, Woody.

I'm quoting Philadelphia Eagle fans, who hate Joe Buck.

I don't think Joe B is gay.

I don't think gay men would fuck him either.
    I got that KY and thus my reference to Eagle Green.