Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: They'll be there ! The Joe and Troy Show @ Lambeau Sunday.

They'll be there ! The Joe and Troy Show @ Lambeau Sunday.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...287946241.html

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman love the Packers. No, really.

Fox Sports

By: Gary D'Amato of the Journal Sentinel

Jan. 8, 2015 1:00 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

Yubba Dubba Doo !

Also see the video.. that evidently was produced before today's practise. Aaron Rodgers calf injury is covered in this video ....... plus more.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-08-2015 at 05:46 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Question:

How many here believe that this FOX team will be wishing the Packers well?

I'll start with a NAY!
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I've never understood the claim that they are biased against the Packers. They praise Rodgers and McCarthy on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I've never understood the claim that they are biased against the Packers. They praise Rodgers and McCarthy on a regular basis.
    Troy Aikman loves Aaron Rodgers. It seems like their real friends.

The fact remains he's like Michael Irvin. Always a Cowboy.

Joe Buick likes :

a cheerleader that looks great in....

Well............ anything.

I don't think Aikman is anti-Packer...

But he will clearly be pro-Cowboy this weekend.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Airman gushes over the Pack, TT, M3 and Rodgers.

He didn't do so when #4 was playing and he won't this weekend. I'm ok with that.

I don't think it's anti-Packer bias, I just don't like Troy Aikman as an analyst and I REALLY don't like Joe Buck as the play by play man. It's nothing against them personally, I just don't think they are all that good at their jobs.

Blog Entries
    I totally agree with the last 3 posts.

This is Fox's A crew. Buck has great pipes and a good sense of play by play rhythm. Nepotism is slightly in place here. Old Jack Buck was a spectacular play by play guy who would call a great game and then tell funny stories in the bar. He was universally loved by everybody in the business. Then the kid came along and had inherited Bucks great voice. But Joe is also an airhead and a freakin' frat boy. He is hated as much as his voice and timing are admired.

Troy? he's good, but his Favre hate was pronounced. Some of that has carried over to Pack hate. He's clever enough to understate it, but the the Pack has trouble, Aikman is the first guy on the broadcast to gleefully point out shortcomings. I hate both of 'em & don't care that I'm a homer for thinking that way.

Joe Buck should stick with baseball. Aikman is just as boring. What is rather funny is if you go to other teams' fan forums folks on these message boards all bitch about Buck and Aikman bemoaning how biased they are! Fox drives me crazy. The only reason I watch that network is because they broadcast NFC games.

Best part of last week's Lions-Pokes game was when Troy stated on the first drive: "as good as the Cowboys' line is at run blocking, it's even better at pass blocking". The Cowboys line then proceeded to get pwned by Detroit's DL and array of DB blitzes. Romo and the backs share some of the blame there, but it was funny to hear Troy get flustered over the pressure that kept coming.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I never thought Aikman hated Favre, but I did suspect he didn't have much regard for his approach to the game tactically. It was all general blather, gunslinger, and rarely any insight into a position that the guy had played. Later, I suspect Aikman had not leaned the fine art of broadcast TV's "play the stars" angle, where everything from price of a beer at the stadium to traffic was affected by the QB or the star of that team.

Great play by play guys learn to tip their hat to the stars but make a point in addition to it. Once in a while, you got decent stories about hand size and how that affects QBs in adverse weather. But mostly commentary that wouldn't pass muster in a bar.

It just took Aikman time to get there. He does occasionally tell you something about being a QB you don't hear anywhere else.

I think KY nailed Buck's rep to the post. He is just doing a job, with good skills, but seems to take no joy in any of it. He father was a blast to listen to. Buck and Stramm used to do Monday Night Football on the radio and they were great.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I know people find Buck obnoxious, but I don't mind him too much. Aikman is a different story however. I think he respects Rodgers from a tactical standpoint but there is no way that his pro-cowboy feelings don't come through during the broadcast.
    Go PACK

Blog Entries
    I really hate Joe Buck . HBO tried to do a show called Joe Buck Live. Comedian Arte Lange destroyed that show after one showing.

it was hilarious.

Don't let the kiddies hear it, Arte says "fuck" about a thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Joe Buck should stick with baseball. Aikman is just as boring. What is rather funny is if you go to other teams' fan forums folks on these message boards all bitch about Buck and Aikman bemoaning how biased they are! Fox drives me crazy. The only reason I watch that network is because they broadcast NFC games.
    Fox is still better than CBS from commentators to production.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I like Buck. I don't know why some Packer fans think he's anti-Packer.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Fox is still better than CBS from commentators to production.
    http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/excl...is-season.html

Fox's Kevin Burkhardt started the 2013 season as a rookie amongst the exclusive fraternity of NFL TV announcers and was best known for his work on the sidelines with the New York Mets. He ended the season on Fox's 'B Team' calling a Divisional Round playoff game with John Lynch.

Fox's A Team is Joe buck and Troy Aikman with Erin Andrews who replaced veteran reporter Pam Oliver on the sidelines.

Comment woodbuck27:

Read this article, LINK above to see why maybe Fox has taken a lead in NFL broadcasting.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I really hate Joe Buck . HBO tried to do a show called Joe Buck Live. Comedian Arte Lange destroyed that show after one showing.

it was hilarious.

Don't let the kiddies hear it, Arte says "fuck" about a thousand times.

That's hard core

Here's my question: who, currently in the business would you rather have announce the game?

I, generally prefer Buck-man to anyone else out there. CBS is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Here's my question: who, currently in the business would you rather have announce the game?

I, generally prefer Buck-man to anyone else out there. CBS is horrible.
    I agree. Either of the top two FOX crews are better than anything CBS.

For pure entertainment it's here.... now ....you may miss some plays:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-09-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think they make a real effort to be unbiased, and they are not anti-Packer. But Aikman gets gloomy and complains about Cowboys' play whenever the opponent does well. And he gets excited when Cowboys make a play. He is a lifetime Dallas fan, of course.