Thread: LeBeau out in Pittsburgh

LeBeau out in Pittsburgh

I thought about posting this in the HC thread, but I thought it deserved its own spot given his stature and work with Capers.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 5m5 minutes ago
    Wow... RT @gerrydulac: Dick LeBeau out as DC. Says he and #Steelers have agreed to mutually part ways: "Time to go in a different direction"
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Wow. Didn't think they would ever let hm go.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wow. Didn't think they would ever let hm go.
    IIRC, Tomlin's a Tampa 2 guy. Maybe they switch to a 4-3. This will be interesting.

LeBeau is ancient, but he's arguable the best DC in the history of the league.

Unless Rap Sheet is fooling me, LeBeau did an interview

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
    Here is the exclusive Dick LeBeau interview from the Urbana Daily Citizen on “resigning”: http://www.urbanacitizen.com/news/br...ve-coordinator

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 27m27 minutes ago
    In other news: This LeBeau goodbye is very reminiscent of Arians’ departure from Steelers http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Does not really surprise me. It is about time for him to retire and live the good life...and the Steelers, especially on defense, are about ready for a complete overhaul. Why keep him around to coach a bunch of kids when a new DC will be needed very shortly anyway due to his age? Better to find your next DC and let him coach the kids in HIS scheme and preferences.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I largely agree. They need to redo that defense, but the leading candidate is Kevin Butler, the linebacker coach. Not sure scheme is changing too much.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
    On Dick LeBeau: His announcement seemed to catch #Steelers by surprise, even if he was year-to-year on his deals. He thought it was time.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago
    Belief is Dick LeBeau wanted to go out with veterans like Ike Taylor & Troy Polamalu, who are unlikely to be back. He was close with them

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
    On Dick LeBeau: His announcement seemed to catch #Steelers by surprise, even if he was year-to-year on his deals. He thought it was time.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago
    Belief is Dick LeBeau wanted to go out with veterans like Ike Taylor & Troy Polamalu, who are unlikely to be back. He was close with them
    A rumor is already out there that he might go to a team like Arizona.

I question that one.

Then there's this:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...ck_lebeau.html

After his resignation from Pittsburgh Steelers, should Eagles try to bring in Dick LeBeau?

" Eagles head coach Chip Kelly was clear at his season-ending press conference last month that defensive coordinator Billy Davis will be back next season.

That doesn't mean, however, he can't bring in Davis a little help."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Dick LeBeau - a guy who somewhat quietly has had one of the most impressive pro football careers ever:

14 year career as a player, ending with 62 interceptions, still 7th most ever.
    42 year career as a coach (including 4 with the Packers).

56 continuous years in the NFL. While he has had his moments of fame, he never seemed to seek out the limelight. Just had a job and did it the best that he could. Person I knew who worked for the Steelers said LeBeau was one of the nicest, most humble and down-to-earth people in the organization to interact with.

http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/4...gn=ob_all_rss#

The Sad Truth: Losing Dick LeBeau Is Good for the Pittsburgh Steelers

Comment woodbuck27:

You've read it before and know it's true and here it is again.:

Despite a couple of bad seasons, Dick LeBeau leaves Pittsburgh as one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time.

" But trouble hit in 2013. The Steelers defense finished as the 17th-best one according to our metrics, and what was always an absurdly-good run-stuffing unit became the exact opposite of that. The trend continued in 2014, as Pittsburgh's defense ranked 25th in the league in efficiency, with a pass defense that finished as one of the worst in the NFL. " Fr. Article

Please click on the LINK above for the rest.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...f-dick-lebeau/

Brett Keisel was shocked by departure of Dick LeBeau

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2015, 11:22 PM EST

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Patler nailed it. Someone who isn't in the limelight but everybody knows how good he is. He'll be in the HOF, easy.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Patler nailed it. Someone who isn't in the limelight but everybody knows how good he is. He'll be in the HOF, easy.
    He's already in.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-titans-staff

Report: Dick LeBeau to join Tennessee Titans staff

By: Chris Wesseling ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Feb. 3, 2015 at 08:55 p.m. ... Updated: Feb. 3, 2015 at 09:13 p.m.