Thread: How do you beat the Seahawks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    wist...I agree with the others. You aren't watching closely enough, or you are just content to stick with the same old routine you used 4 years ago.

Since McCarthy got Lacy, he's been trending AWAY from the zone blocking with him.

Now, I do agree with wist in saying we need to really do full bore on the power run blocking against Seattle. You can't string out the Seattle defense. It doesn't work. If they run a pitch play to Lacy toward the edge, we'll lose 5 yards every time...and McCarthy loves to pull that dumbass play out at least once every week.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Now, I do agree with wist in saying we need to really do full bore on the power run blocking against Seattle. You can't string out the Seattle defense. It doesn't work. If they run a pitch play to Lacy toward the edge, we'll lose 5 yards every time...and McCarthy loves to pull that dumbass play out at least once every week.
    I think they are eminently susceptible to outside zone, but the only person who cannot see that Lacy doesn't ever use the cutback might be M3. If they put Starks in there, run outside zone, they would hit it. Its built for scorching fast pursuit.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think they are eminently susceptible to outside zone, but the only person who cannot see that Lacy doesn't ever use the cutback might be M3. If they put Starks in there, run outside zone, they would hit it. Its built for scorching fast pursuit.
    Don't see it at all... the Seahawks are very well coached, and the front seven players are fast, tough, and disciplined.

I was watching a play on Saturday where Carolina tried to run a screen, and the RB ended up out in front of the OL... my first thought was how in the hell did that play get so disjointed. Was the RB out of position, were the OL out of position, was it too slow developing??

When they showed the replay - and the announcers never picked up on this - you could see one of the Seahawk defensive linemen holding 2 of Carolina's offensive linemen as they were trying to release. They were trying to release, but the defensive linemen (couldn't tell who it was) had both of them stuck in mud - and this was after he had delivered a hard punch to the ORT, slowing his release as well.

As a result, the RB was out in front of the 1 OL that was able to at least get out to the flat - but as soon as the ball arrived, Chancellor just killed the RB at the point of the catch for a 2 yd loss.

That 1 DL recognized what the play was going to be, and instead of breaking free and chasing down the line, he held all the OL up and Chancellor received all the praise from the announcers for blowing the play up.

Now technically, that should have been holding on the defensive linemen - as defensive linemen can be called for holding the same as offensive linemen - but that rarely gets called, rarely, rarely, rarely; and that wasn't the only time I saw the Seahawks holding like that on the line...

If the refs aren't going to call that - and they certainly won't - then our OL aren't likely to be going anywhere anytime soon... that is just one of the ways the Seahawks clog an opponents running game to a halt.

If I were MM, when they meet with the officials pregame - I'd be bitching up a storm about holding by the Seattle defensive linemen.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    wist...I agree with the others. You aren't watching closely enough, or you are just content to stick with the same old routine you used 4 years ago.

Since McCarthy got Lacy, he's been trending AWAY from the zone blocking with him.

It's 'the Sweep' without the 'S'.

The Weep.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau