Thread: How do you beat the Seahawks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't consider Bulaga a "below average" O tackle.
    Average then... certainly don't consider him to be a top-flight RT.

The Seahawks can flat out bring the pass rush... every drive we have either a sack or a holding penalty will likely spell the end of that drive - therefore I think it critical to gameplan for a possession type of game. I would pass on 1st down a lot - and if that were unsuccessful, I'd look for another short dump off in the short zones to get it to 3rd and 5 or less.

Perhaps we can run against their subpackages a bit... but I wouldn't be doing that much on 2nd down. If we pass on first down and go incomplete, then run it into the line for NG on 2nd down - that likely spells the end of that drive, same as if we'd had a sack or holding penalty.

MM needs to have a conservative gameplan IMO, but that is not in his nature - disaster would be a 7 step drop, sack, fumble, and a very short field for the Seahawks at any point in the game.

We'll see.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Average then... certainly don't consider him to be a top-flight RT.

The Seahawks can flat out bring the pass rush... every drive we have either a sack or a holding penalty will likely spell the end of that drive - therefore I think it critical to gameplan for a possession type of game. I would pass on 1st down a lot - and if that were unsuccessful, I'd look for another short dump off in the short zones to get it to 3rd and 5 or less.

Perhaps we can run against their subpackages a bit... but I wouldn't be doing that much on 2nd down. If we pass on first down and go incomplete, then run it into the line for NG on 2nd down - that likely spells the end of that drive, same as if we'd had a sack or holding penalty.

MM needs to have a conservative gameplan IMO, but that is not in his nature - disaster would be a 7 step drop, sack, fumble, and a very short field for the Seahawks at any point in the game.

We'll see.
    Bulaga was the second highest ranked RT in the league this year by PFF, who scores every play by every player in every game. Discount that all you want but he still doesn't drop to average.

Avril had 5 sacks and Bennett 7 - not stellar but they can get pressure. With Rodgers' limited mobility, he oughta be getting the ball out as quick as he needs to because he knows he doesn't want to be holding it and running.

It'll be real interesting to see if the Packers can keep Rodgers clean in the pocket. If they can't at least be soemwhat effective you can stick a fork in their chances I'd say.