Thread: How do you beat the Seahawks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What if we hire North Korea to launch a hack of the Surface Tablets on the Seahawks sidelines?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Question: How do you beat the Seahawks?

Answer: Transport a box of pixie dust to Seattle.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What if we hire North Korea to launch a hack of the Surface Tablets on the Seahawks sidelines?
    I thought those were etch-a-sketches.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I thought those were etch-a-sketches.
    Pretty sure only Slocum still uses those.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Pretty sure only Slocum still uses those.
    That would explain a lot of the confusion. You can't fully erase those things without a lot of shaking. They might be running four calls at one time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ground Rat
    we need a brilliant gameplan. Much like the way Favre beat Baltimore back in the day when their defense was absurdly good.

can Mike come up with a gameplan to solve their defense? I don't believe they're as good as last year, and the offenses they've seen the past few weeks aren't exactly scary or very good. Carolina was by far the best they've seen recently.

MM will have to come up w/ a great gameplan to help protect Rodgers. Running will be tough but we can't abandon it just because it's tough sledding. With a healthy A-rod I feel like it's not impossible. With a gimpy A-rod I'm afraid he won't last this game. It's going to take a great plan and effort from the defense to keep us in it. AND not to exclude Sherman's side from the plan. Have to use the entire field and attack him the same as anyone. The whole defense is good, but nobody is so good that we should refuse to look his way. He's not Revis or Sanders at CB. We shouldn't have to score 28 points to win, so the defense needs to bring their A game. Special teams scare me because we need points. Being able to execute and make a FG is going to be critical.

we will see what MM can put together. A win on the road w/ a gimpy QB in Seattle would be huge for his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Glory View Post
    we need a brilliant gameplan. Much like the way Favre beat Baltimore back in the day when their defense was absurdly good.

can Mike come up with a gameplan to solve their defense? I don't believe they're as good as last year, and the offenses they've seen the past few weeks aren't exactly scary or very good. Carolina was by far the best they've seen recently.

MM will have to come up w/ a great gameplan to help protect Rodgers. Running will be tough but we can't abandon it just because it's tough sledding. With a healthy A-rod I feel like it's not impossible. With a gimpy A-rod I'm afraid he won't last this game. It's going to take a great plan and effort from the defense to keep us in it. AND not to exclude Sherman's side from the plan. Have to use the entire field and attack him the same as anyone. The whole defense is good, but nobody is so good that we should refuse to look his way. He's not Revis or Sanders at CB. We shouldn't have to score 28 points to win, so the defense needs to bring their A game. Special teams scare me because we need points. Being able to execute and make a FG is going to be critical.

we will see what MM can put together. A win on the road w/ a gimpy QB in Seattle would be huge for his reputation.
    If it is mild in Seattle next weekend perhaps Eddie's asthma won't bother him as much as it did yesterday and he'll play more snaps.

That was a Mike Sherman classic zig when they zag game plan. Might have been his finest hour. If the Ravens brought out their run defense line (Adams and Goose), Packers play actioned and threw with time in pocket. If they brought out their pass rush line (two other guys inside) they Packers ran.

As a coach, Sherman was ahead of his time bringing college concepts to the NFL. I remember Bill Walsh backhanded compliment of the Packers running game as "more of a college scheme than pro" during a broadcast of the Packers. Walsh probably felt that someone has taken his baby, the WCO, and bastardized it by grafting on a different running attack than split backs. But it was the wave of the future.

Ground Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That was a Mike Sherman classic zig when they zag game plan. Might have been his finest hour. If the Ravens brought out their run defense line (Adams and Goose), Packers play actioned and threw with time in pocket. If they brought out their pass rush line (two other guys inside) they Packers ran.

As a coach, Sherman was ahead of his time bringing college concepts to the NFL. I remember Bill Walsh backhanded compliment of the Packers running game as "more of a college scheme than pro" during a broadcast of the Packers. Walsh probably felt that someone has taken his baby, the WCO, and bastardized it by grafting on a different running attack than split backs. But it was the wave of the future.
    I recall a lot of quick hitting slants and stuff. we didn't give them time to rush the QB. get it out quick to your WR and let them make plays.

I recall a lot of quick hitting slants and stuff. we didn't give them time to rush the QB. get it out quick to your WR and let them make plays.
    I could be wrong, but I think that was a young Packers line, not yet the dominant unit they became. It was the year after the Ravens Super Bowl, so a 2001 regular season game. By the end of the year, that result make more sense, but at the time everyone on the line was very young. Flanagan had returned from about four different leg surgeries and Rivera had gotten settled into his new spot at RG and quickly became the best lineman on the team until Cliffy got up to speed.