Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
Beyond just a list of cliche "dont's" that are needed for winning any football game, here's the strategies I think are important specific to this game:

On defense

Marshawn Lynch is going to get some yards. This is a well executed zbs scheme with some twists thanks to Wilson's athleticism. No matter what you plan, they can create a numbers advantage through leverage, effectively blocking a man with scheme alone. Carolina did nothing special, they just have stud linebackers who don't miss tackles. The Packers are in a better position than most to ask more of their secondary in the run game. The double switch of Perry at OLB and Matthews at MLB is ideal for this game.
On offense

This is clearly what this game is about. The number one offense facing the number one defense. Contrary to popular opinion, I'd give Richard Sherman the exact same treatment as last game. Its not cowardice, its offense and the reasons for doing it are still sound. If he wants to cover Jordy Nelson we should make him leave his comfort zone to do it and I expect he will this time. He must really love that side of the field but I doubt its worth letting us dictate all the matchups.

Week 17 Seattle lost interior rusher Jordan Stills for the year which deepened the wound of an already battered unit. Those snaps are now going to the double switch of Bennett and Irvin and the rest to emergency waiver pickup Demarcus Dobbs. For the last two weeks this defense now has just two lineman on the roster weighing 300 lbs. The sensible path to victory goes through Eddie Lacy. We'll likely spend much of the game in shotgun formations due to Rodgers calf. Getting completions underneith to Lacy and the TE's early and utilizing the no huddle to prevent substitutions could get us some drastically undersized defensive fronts to run against. This is how you can find a rhythem and keep Seattle's defense uncomfortable.

Take the Packers to cover.
(Some snippage to accommodate brevity)

Great post 31.

We have a punchers chance, if we punch in the right spots.