Thread: How do you beat the Seahawks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'm more scared of the away version of the Packers than I am of the Seahawks.

They are physical but not in the trenches like the teams that have been our kryptonite in the past. Carolina didn't lose in the trenches. Its a very physical secondary, Wagner is a tone setter linebacker, but that DL is getting by mostly on reputation these days. Even before they lost Mebane at NT they weren't exactly a brick wall. Trying to beat their defense to the edge is a waste of time but the Packers should be able to get something going up the middle this time, enough to set up play action.

On offense the Dallas team we just beat is a lot more physical. The Seattle offense is more about finding green grass through misdirection than imposing their will with power football. Wilson is a fucking wizard and Marshawn Lynch can't be tackled sometimes but they are a shell of what they were even week 1. They lost their stud TE Zach Miller, they lost Percy Harvin, and Saturday they even lost their top draft pick WR. Whats left is probably the worst group of receivers in the NFL.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'm more scared of the away version of the Packers than I am of the Seahawks.

They are physical but not in the trenches like the teams that have been our kryptonite in the past. Carolina didn't lose in the trenches. Its a very physical secondary, Wagner is a tone setter linebacker, but that DL is getting by mostly on reputation these days. Even before they lost Mebane at NT they weren't exactly a brick wall. Trying to beat their defense to the edge is a waste of time but the Packers should be able to get something going up the middle this time, enough to set up play action.

On offense the Dallas team we just beat is a lot more physical. The Seattle offense is more about finding green grass through misdirection than imposing their will with power football. Wilson is a fucking wizard and Marshawn Lynch can't be tackled sometimes but they are a shell of what they were even week 1. They lost their stud TE Zach Miller, they lost Percy Harvin, and Saturday they even lost their top draft pick WR. Whats left is probably the worst group of receivers in the NFL.

I agree that at WR the Seahawks are relatively small ( Doug Baldwin 5' - 10 " - 189 lbs and Jermaine Kerse 6' - 1" and 209 lbs and #3 WR Kevin Norwood is 6' - 2 " and 199 lbs. ) and should be handled. Russell Wilson likes to target Doug Baldwin and this WR is a tough competitor.

Their current TE Canuck Luke Willson (6' -5" -252 lbs and athletic) has looked very good of late. He can extend plays after the catch and score. He must be accounted for.

The Packers run 'D' (the entire Defense) has a load to deal with in RB Marshawn Lynch. He's a monster at his best. To that add the excellent scrambling ability of Russell Wilson and Ohh Dear !

The Packer 'D' has to come to play and lately that defense is growing. The secondary has to improve over it's rather pedestrian performance Vs Dallas. The team as a whole has to tackle better......again.

Seattle will likely score about 27 points and we simply need more.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-12-2015 at 12:22 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau