Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Unlike last year when they spent more than 50% of snaps using ZBS with Lacy (switching to more power stuff later in the year) they have probably dipped below 50% of ZBS this year. Lacy runs a lot of interior stuff with pulling Guards and double teams on the nose, Power O type stuff. You will still see some inside zone and a good dose of outside zone, but you may be surprised at what they roll out there.

You can see the effect on the RBs because Starks gets less effective with less zone.
I've noticed the runs up the middle, but most of them are nothing more than a quick double team with the center or guard passing that player off and getting to the second level. Rarely have I seen G's coming around the center with the playside G or T blocking down - rarely. Those plays are still zone plays.

As I said in the other post, I don't think those plays will be effective against the Seahawks anymore than the stretch plays would be... to catch the Seahawks in the run game, you need to create your own hole, i.e. pulling and trapping - not stringing things out waiting for a hole to develop. The longer a play takes to develop, the more time their speed comes to bear.

I don't expect we'll run for more than 75 yds for the game - especially with Rodgers not running at all.

For the most part, I expect a repeat of week 1, and in case anyone has forgotten - the kicked the living fuck out of us week 1. The game wasn't even competitive.

I fully expect that dunderdummy will be made to look like an idiot, and that it will take MM at least the first half to realize his initial game plan is shit - like I said, a repeat of week 1.