Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you beat the Seahawks?

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    First, the Packers had to prove themselves by beating the Eagles. They destroyed them.

Then, the Packers had to prove themselves by beating a Patriots team that many had as the best in the league. They won that game and never trailed from start to finish.

Then the Packers had to prove themselves against a physical Lions team that beat them up earlier in the year, with the Conference title on the line. They won that game even though Rodgers went out for 8 minutes and played hurt.

Then the Packers had to prove themselves against the sexy upset pick Cowboys with their big, bad OL and 3 MVP candidates behind that line. They won that game with a hobbled quarterback.

The Packers were 3-1 against teams that played in the divisional and 1-1 against teams that are playing this weekend. Unfortunately the 1 is the team that they play next.

This is another test, the toughest yet, but this Packers team has hit a lot of checkmarks they haven't been able to hit over the last few years. I think that we're going to see a team that puts up one hell of a fight on both sides of the ball and might just be able to pull the upset. It's just something the greats have to do sometimes. I'm not saying they're among the greats but they've got a great shot, starting this weekend.
    Good post. Except - all those were at Lambeau... Change the venue and have a 100% ARod and I'd say we'd win. Flip it - we still have a shot (as any team does any week). But it'll be the biggest test Pack has had in years.

Hoping for a good, clean and fun to watch game.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Lost to the pathetic Bills who played two high safety all day and exposed this offense. Got crushed by the Sea chickens in their house, got embarrassed against the Saints and didn't beat a decent team on the road all season. It's all over except for the body bags.
    Who did Seattle beat?

They lost to the pathetic Rams, they lost to the Cowgirls at home, they lost to the Chargers and Chiefs

Where is Seattle's signature win? They beat the Broncos by 6 and beat the Eagles by 10.

Their best win of the year is against GB in the first week.

They just went through a bunch of teams playing with a 2nd or 2rd string QB and SF who imploded at the end of the year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Good post. Except - all those were at Lambeau... Change the venue and have a 100% ARod and I'd say we'd win. Flip it - we still have a shot (as any team does any week). But it'll be the biggest test Pack has had in years.

Hoping for a good, clean and fun to watch game.
    You got me on the common factor on that list. Repped.

Still, they've won a lot of games against quality opponents. They haven't been able to pull off that kind of record against quality teams in a while, even at home.

This is one more test. Can they do it on the road?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

They've got confidence and the twelfth man and Russell Wilson and a stout D.

Gonna break their fans little chartreuse hearts when they lose.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Its crazy. So many of the 'experts' think because Rodgers has a sore calf we somehow have morphed into the Jacksonville Jaguars or Oakland Raiders.
    Oakland gave 'em a scare. I think it was a one TD game into the 4th quarter....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    If she followed Bretsky's sex advice, she's probably got too many kids to go on the internet anymore. Or she's dead. Either way.
    Doesn't Bretsky's advice on sex for women mostly involve more sex with women?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Datone Jones. Only Packer to get his mitts on Colin Kaepernick when he left the pocket in a hurry. If Seattle pulls Marshawn on passing downs for Turbin, Jones will get in (might also get in to for injured Boyd) and he is long and fast enough to help Peppers chase him down when Matthews flushes him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Its crazy. So many of the 'experts' think because Rodgers has a sore calf we somehow have morphed into the Jacksonville Jaguars or Oakland Raiders.
    There was an NFL Network panel of three and they gave GB the following odds to win on Sunday: 25%, 20%, and finally 10%

That's franky not true.

That would be 2014 Seattle : 2014 Green Bay :: 2014 Tampa Bay : 2014 Green Bay

which does not make any sense. I could see 25%, maybe, because Rodgers is hurt, but usually 35-40%

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Lost to the pathetic Bills who played two high safety all day and exposed this offense. Got crushed by the Sea chickens in their house, got embarrassed against the Saints and didn't beat a decent team on the road all season. It's all over except for the body bags.
    I agree... just hoping it's still a game at halftime, and we don't get too embarrassed.

I'll argue we always have a punchers chance with Rodgers, but we need a shit-ton of luck and breaks to beat the Seahawks. They are just a vastly superior team.
    wist

The Bills defensive line has Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Kyle Williams. The Seahawks don't have any tackles as good as either Kyle Williams or (especially) Dareus, and don't have any linemen to the level of Mario or Dareus in general.

Forecast for 50 degrees, light rain 15 mph winds at game time tomorrow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Football weather, for sure!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Who did Seattle beat?

They lost to the pathetic Rams, they lost to the Cowgirls at home, they lost to the Chargers and Chiefs

Where is Seattle's signature win? They beat the Broncos by 6 and beat the Eagles by 10.

Their best win of the year is against GB in the first week.

They just went through a bunch of teams playing with a 2nd or 2rd string QB and SF who imploded at the end of the year.
    Yes, folks talk about our loss to Buffalo, NO and Detroit but nary a word about who Seattle was beating up on at the end of the season or who they lost too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I doubt 50° will cause Lacy's asthma to act up on him on Sunday so this is a good thing.

The Green Bay Packer Defense:

The Green Bay chance to win will be determined by the quality of the Packer 'D' tomorrow.

It's essential that we see that defense reduce Seattle's ground game.

The defense must defend against Russell Wilson running wide of the LOS and gouging for 15-20 yards or more gains.

The Packer defense must work their butts off and get Marshawn 'Heavy Load' Lynch on the ground pronto. Looking at him run isn't a good strategy. It often takes more than one defender to bring his ass to the turf.

The secondary cannot play off the Seattle WR's. Forget what you see on paper. The Seattle WR's can get it done.

Seattle TE Luke Willson is 'a gifted athlete' and has to be accounted for or count on a TD from this guy.

The Green Bay Packers Offense:

We need to see something special in the Packers ST's ; or improved punting and kick returning.

MM must not ask Mason Crosby to try 50+ yard FG's. We need to see MM go for it on 4th and short in the Seattle Red Zone.

We need to see Randall Cobb set up more than a few times in the Packer backfield.

We need to see Aaron Rodgers extend drives with a run and short passing game. Keep the Seattle defense on the field and pressured.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I agree... just hoping it's still a game at halftime, and we don't get too embarrassed.

I'll argue we always have a punchers chance with Rodgers, but we need a shit-ton of luck and breaks to beat the Seahawks. They are just a vastly superior team.
    Lol you know we don't have a chance if Wist says we do!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I'm thinking we ought to shitcan the no huddle offense in Seattle if, after the first series or so, the crowd noise makes communication time-consuming and difficult.

Huddle up. Everyone is on the same page and our TOP goes up. If it were only me, I'd start the game huddling up and move on to the no huddle after the crowd settles down...after our first few TD's.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The Green Bay Packer Defense:

The Green Bay chance to win will be determined by the quality of the Packer 'D' tomorrow.

It's essential that we see that defense reduce Seattle's ground game.

The defense must defend against Russell Wilson running wide of the LOS and gouging for 15-20 yards or more gains.

The Packer defense must work their butts off and get Marshawn 'Heavy Load' Lynch on the ground pronto. Looking at him run isn't a good strategy. It often takes more than one defender to bring his ass to the turf.

The secondary cannot play off the Seattle WR's. Forget what you see on paper. The Seattle WR's can get it done.

Seattle TE Luke Willson is 'a gifted athlete' and has to be accounted for or count on a TD from this guy.

The Green Bay Packers Offense:

We need to see something special in the Packers ST's ; or improved punting and kick returning.

MM must not ask Mason Crosby to try 50+ yard FG's. We need to see MM go for it on 4th and short in the Seattle Red Zone.

We need to see Randall Cobb set up more than a few times in the Packer backfield.

We need to see Aaron Rodgers extend drives with a run and short passing game. Keep the Seattle defense on the field and pressured.

GO PACKERS !

Nice. This would work
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'm thinking we ought to shitcan the no huddle offense in Seattle if, after the first series or so, the crowd noise makes communication time-consuming and difficult.

Huddle up. Everyone is on the same page and our TOP goes up. If it were only me, I'd start the game huddling up and move on to the no huddle after the crowd settles down...after our first few TD's.
    I agree this is a good strategy and especially if we get an early jump.

I expect the Packers to score very early in tomorrows game.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    My bullshit speculation of course but that could possibly explain why he strongly prefers playing the right sideline. When you watch him press its a one-handed technique during his drop. Using his right hand to extend he's already turned in case he needs inside technique up the sideline.
    If he pulls this shit, Adams should beat him like a drum inside. Weak one-handed press then turn your head around and run like hell? How does he get away with that? That technique should be attacked inside and quick. Even a slant and go when he's turning himself in circles. Just don't run right into where he's going when he gets turned around...