Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: How do you beat the Seahawks?

Weather may be a perceived factor today - but like Arod's ankle - a change in gameplan to use Lacy and attack their DL, short throws, Cobb out of backfield, etc may actually help the Pack. Win ToP and likelihood of a W is much higher.

Strong, gusty winds and light rain...

Blog Entries
    OK I'm with you on the post/skinny post sitting down or the throw being made in the seam under the middle safety not over the top. I was thinking you meant a deep middle route with the post. Definitely need space between the fly and medium post/skinny/dig. That would work too.

With the speed and tackling ability of Seattle it's hard to see Lacy having a big day with screens or dump offs. Maybe a little rain with slow the field down.

All I know is - IT'S GAMEDAY - NFC CHAMPIONSHIP STYLE!

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    OK I'm with you on the post/skinny post sitting down or the throw being made in the seam under the middle safety not over the top. I was thinking you meant a deep middle route with the post. Definitely need space between the fly and medium post/skinny/dig. That would work too.

With the speed and tackling ability of Seattle it's hard to see Lacy having a big day with screens or dump offs. Maybe a little rain with slow the field down.

All I know is - IT'S GAMEDAY - NFC CHAMPIONSHIP STYLE!
    Wind is going to affect Seattle's passing game more than Green Bay's. Wilson tends to throw with more arc than Rodgers.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries
    Here's what I'm talking about on Sherman and the slants.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-avoiding-him

First play Sherman's on the short side of the field. Jordy beat Sherman like a red-headed step-child while Sherman turned himself in circles. But the slot is tight and the safety/nickel on that side has the slant covered because there's just not enough space on the short side with the safety/nickel up.

The next play Sherman's on the wide side with a wider slot to occupy the safety/nickel. Boykin didn't work Sherman at the line but the slant woulda been wide open there had he done so.

The safety ran with Cobb that time in what looked like straight 1-high man coverage but if you can beat Sherman inside (I think you can because he protects against his lack of speed by bailing out a bit) it presents a two-on-one matchup if they're in their Cover-3 zone with the safety/nickel and I think Rodgers could abuse that situation standing from the gun with a quick read and throw to the slant or the slot up the seam to eat up some yards. If they're in man then Adams/Nelson can hit the slant while the slot runs the safety off.

Cmon baby get it done Davante!

Davante likes the slant more than Jordy, you might have something there.

Off the top of my head, you would want something with multiple levels on one side of the field and something backside. You send one WR on a go to occupy the CB and deep Safety. Then someone else runs an out underneath that and then two players run shallower routes, one to each side.

Or you run two deep but no both Go routes if you have time in the pocket. You run Go on the right and a Post on the left and make the safety choose. Someone is single covered and the LBs are in short zones.

One thing I wish they did with GIFs and snapshots of the All-22 is give down and distance.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Davante likes the slant more than Jordy, you might have something there.

Off the top of my head, you would want something with multiple levels on one side of the field and something backside. You send one WR on a go to occupy the CB and deep Safety. Then someone else runs an out underneath that and then two players run shallower routes, one to each side.

Or you run two deep but no both Go routes if you have time in the pocket. You run Go on the right and a Post on the left and make the safety choose. Someone is single covered and the LBs are in short zones.

One thing I wish they did with GIFs and snapshots of the All-22 is give down and distance.
    Yeah if Rodgers gets time look out baby. Man I'm getting too jacked up too early! Cup o' Joe and the morning paper is in order.

You can't run the slant against that 4 across zone... you can run it against their base - maybe on first down. Establishing the run would go a long way toward setting up the slant, but MM has to go about the right way.

If MM comes out and simply tries to run it on 1st down to establish the run; and secondarily, predictably runs on 2nd down after a 1st down incompletion - then I think that plays right into Seattles hands, and it will be long and frustrating day for the offense, and will substantially reduce our chances of winning the game.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    You can't run the slant against that 4 across zone... you can run it against their base - maybe on first down. Establishing the run would go a long way toward setting up the slant, but MM has to go about the right way.

If MM comes out and simply tries to run it on 1st down to establish the run; and secondarily, predictably runs on 2nd down after a 1st down incompletion - then I think that plays right into Seattles hands, and it will be long and frustrating day for the offense, and will substantially reduce our chances of winning the game.
    Aaron Rodgers has to pass a lot and pass short. Tighten the screws on the Seattle 'D' before anything long.

Remember the Jordy Nelson TD vs the Pats? Will MM call that one today?

Jordy Nelson ran straight downfield (along the hash marks as I recall it) and froze the DB. Aaron Rodgers hit him and he slanted left to the end of the goal line. That was my favourite Packer TD on this season.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Packers win if Cobb has as many TD throws (1) as Wilson. We will see it someday. Why not today?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    You can't run the slant against that 4 across zone....
    of course you can - but you have to drag the coverage away with your other receivers. And watch out for cheating.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    of course you can - but you have to drag the coverage away with your other receivers. And watch out for cheating.
    I agree. There's enough space to the wide side if the slot receiver can occupy the nickel/safety that has slant coverage responsibility. If he's gonna get in the slant passing lane, then Cobb will be able to slip past him and hit the quick seam. He can't cover both. We'll see soon enough.

I am more concerned with limiting Wilson's options in this game than concentrating on Lynch. Limit The Beast as much as you can inside - but don't let Wilson get outside.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I am more concerned with limiting Wilson's options in this game than concentrating on Lynch. Limit The Beast as much as you can inside - but don't let Wilson get outside.
    I agree. Wilson is the key for Seattle's offense. Keep him contained (real estate-wise) and you can severely limit their offense.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    NFL Network guys are talking about Cam Chancellor leaping over the OL on field goal tries.

QUESTION: Has anyone ever seen the guys up front on a field goal try use a pass protection upright stance rather than a hand in the dirt stance?

It seems to me it could be done.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

That FG block tech requires a 'tell' by the snapper. Packers self scouting should find anything like that. They could even bait The Chancellor and maybe pick up a critical first down. That's a spy versus spy thing and either side can get burned.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Not that I think we'll be kicking FG's instead of scoring TD's.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Bump For posterity.

^ Sadist.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    ^ Sadist.
    Only on weekends