Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Peyton Manning Retire?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    A lot of fans are calling for Fox's head and keeping Manning
    Ahh, the impenetrable mind of the NFL fan.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Peyton's guaranteed kicks in a few days after the 2015 League Year starts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I, for one, will miss Manning tremendously when he does retire.
    Not for his games, after all, I see very few of those.
    But, his commercials are great!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    When he retires, you're gonna get more commercials. Only you have to wonder if he'll follow Bert by hawking those hair hygiene products. I'd like to see Manning with a mountain man look, but I can do without seeing him trim his nose hairs while eating a Papa John pizza.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

ESPN reporting that Manning has been playing with a torn right quadriceps over the last month.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...t-month-season
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...into-question/

Severity of Peyton’s injury called into question

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 12, 2015, 12:11 PM EST
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    When he retires, you're gonna get more commercials. Only you have to wonder if he'll follow Bert by hawking those hair hygiene products. I'd like to see Manning with a mountain man look, but I can do without seeing him trim his nose hairs while eating a Papa John pizza.
    Nose hairier ingredients. Nose hairier pizza. Papa Johns

A lot of fans are calling for Fox's head and keeping Manning, but I don't know that Manning would want to go through a coaching change.

I wasn't sure how I felt about this, I remember Fox getting unceremoniously booted from Carolina. Remember Brian St. Pierre? Anyways, Fox is gone from Denver now
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-four-years/

I think this is the beginning of big changes there. I imagine Adam Gase will be the next HC, but I have to wonder if Fox leaving was done kind of the way Dallas let Wade Phillips contract run out so Jason Garrett could take over.

edit: I have no idea what I was trying to say the first time
    Last edited by Guiness; 01-12-2015 at 07:59 PM.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

If I was a Bronco's fan I'd be pissed today with the news and Peyton Manning's right leg quad injury being more accurately reported.

John FOX takes the fall here today.

How in hell was Fox to do well with a QB that was severely restricted and was way off in his passing attempts Vs Indy yesterday. How did or do the Bronco teammates feel about what looks like a clear coverup of the extent of the Peyton Manning injury?

It was being reported today that Peyton manning was yelling at his OL in the game yesterday. I need to try to prove that was true.

This story is just beginning. I believe that Bronco fans should raise the blue blazes over this matter.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-12-2015 at 09:56 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

See Post #304 (Page 16) of the Coaching Watch thread.

Denver's window has closed. A new coaching staff isn't going to just walk in and change the issues facing this team. I think those saying Manning will return may come back to get records and $20M are probably right. The move to dismiss Fox is the start of the "Peyton is not the problem" campaign in Denver.

I doubt he'll ever make any significant noise in the postseason again though. His body can't withstand the rigors of an NFL season. He'll look good in September and October, and then fall apart in the 2nd half of the season. He was never a great postseason QB to start with. Nine times he's been one-and-done...next season may get him to double digits if he can survive long enough to get to January.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

How can anyone ever come out of this mess in Denver looking good?

I'll be watching all of the damage control in this one.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ource=infinite

Kiszla: Broncos GM John Elway needs to change the blueprint

By Mark Kiszla ... The Denver Post

Posted: 01/12/2015 09:27:32 PM MST8 Comments | Updated: about 8 hours ago

Comment woodbuck27:

John Elway needs to construct a football team not an All Star Team. He needs to encourage open lines of communication all week and in and out of the locker room. Without the feeling of a high spirited camaraderie as we see evident in Seattle. An NFL organization shouldn't expect to win the Lombardi Trophy.

A tight crew turns the screw.

http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci...new?source=pkg

Benjamin Hochman

Hochman: John Elway gets to leave his imprint on new Broncos

By Benjamin Hochman ... The Denver Post

Posted: 01/12/2015 08:05:46 PM MST1 Comment | Updated: about 8 hours ago

"Cold world," Demaryius Thomas tweeted,

" though it's unclear whether the receiver bobbled and dropped his phone first."

" .... Real world, D.T.

You and the Broncos were not prepared to win in the playoffs. You were outcoached. .....

The Broncos were not tough enough when it mattered most. Elway invested big time in nasty and didn't get a return on his investment. It was Elway himself who had to chew out the team at midseason, just like in the preseason of 2013. So on Monday.............

Elway and Fox "parted ways." ....."

Comment woodbuck27:

Another article RE: the change up in Denver. This one pulls no punches.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...obref=obinsite

Woody Paige

Paige: Sole reason Broncos aren't No. 1: no soul

By: Woody Paige ... The Denver Post

Posted: 01/04/2015 12:01:00 AM MST .................. 44 Comments

" ...Of the Broncos' 22 starters in the postseason, half account for a combined 43 Pro Bowl selections. Another four were PB-worthy this year.

The Broncos possess a brain (the most cerebral quarterback in history) and a beating heart, and aren't cowardly.

What's lacking?

"... if we only had a soul." ...."

Comment woodbuck27:

I've played on Championship Teams and I certainly agree. The team must have a lot more than big stars. I look at this Bronco team that was designed primarily to support the acquisition of Peyton Manning and it sure looks terrific on paper but what's wrong?

What's wrong is where that design started and has stalled.

You have arguably a top Three QB All Time and an aging QB in Peyton Manning. A QB with an unenviable post season record, that one Super Bowl win aside. Peyton Manning doesn't overall get it done in the playoffs.

The Denver Broncos aren't going to the AFC Championship game for easy for John Elway to define reasons. He merely needs to take his foot off the pedal and ....... think.

" Am I in this now for a short term more positive result or do I blow it all up and formulate a new design? "

Personally as the NFL fan observer. I don't give Denver " a fish in a barrel chance " of winning another Super Bowl with Peyton Manning. As the GM would I award Peyton Manning another huge years salary of a reported $21.5 M ?

NO !

That's a silly entirely ego driven move that I would advise ignoring. Just one more season with Peyton Manning one year older. Why would that make sense in terms of a more positive gurantee?

I'd offer Peyton Manning the opportunity to retire and if he decided to waffle. I'd release him. I'd wish Peyton Manning well with his new team as he continues his quest for every NFL passing record; sets a benchmark that will be extremely difficult to exceed.

This is going to come down to a battle of male ego's.

If John Elway is smart he wins.

If Peyton Manning is smart and aware he wins by simply retiring soon. That move would IMO garner the most respect for his body of work and how he left the game. That move would also make John Elway's decisions and the direction for his team easier.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-13-2015 at 07:40 AM.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...where-in-2015/

Could Peyton play elsewhere in 2015?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2015, 9:19 AM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

Peyton Manning has options.

I hope he retires. I'll be surprized if he does.

He may be pushed to a new team. I do think he and Elway will agree on one more kick at the can. There has been too much already invested in that objective...the Super Bowl. Both of these men have ego's that simply won't let go right now.

Peyton Manning fails again in Denver in 2015. NO!

He continues to set new records and raise the bar on those he already owns. $$$$ He gets another boatload of money $$$$.

Back to Peyton's ego.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-13-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Unless Elway hires a HC/OC that runs the same or similar offense Manning is familiar with I wouldn't be surprised to see Peyton either retire or be cut/ask for his release not unlike the situation in Indy at the end of Manning's time there.

I just watched the Indy at Denver game and with an eye on Peyton Manning's movement in the pocket and his footwork on throws.

There was nothing wrong with that man's right let that might be used as an excuse for his poor performance.

The issue with Peyton Manning and performance was with his accuracy and velocity...that fell off dramatically with the length of his pass attempts. His arm looked simply ...tired.

If John Elway invests $21.5 M$ on 2015 and Peyton Manning. With the objective again being nothing but a Super Bowl win he's delusional. I don't see that being the case.

I'm predicting the smart move. Peyton Manning will be with another team in 2015.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Fox didn't want Manning back, but Elway does. I'm going to have to side with Fox on this one. It's time to move on.

If they cut bait on Fox because they wanted Manning to play ONE more season, they deserve their 2015 suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You will miss him as much as Joe Montanna