Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Death Watch

That could be part of it, but I think our love was mostly built upon a shared hatred of Skinbasket

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Goodbye, sweet prince
    May he rest in piss...

Tank was banned for having an unpopular personality, nothing more. Bowing to intolerance is disappointing.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Tank was banned for having an unpopular personality, nothing more. Bowing to intolerance is disappointing.
    I'm already beginning to forget what he looked like, his little laugh.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

He does have that wiggle in his walk, giggle in his talk, make the world go 'round 'round 'round

Tank is basically a very good guy. He only rarely returns nastiness directed at him. He has a lot of intelligence and creativity.
    That said, I don't begrudge anybody hating him, if somebody irritates you, so be it. He irritates me sometimes.

je suis Tank

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I know you were going for intentionally annoying there which means you're not nearly subtle enough to take up Tank's mantle as forum troll.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I know you were going for intentionally annoying there which means you're not nearly subtle enough to take up Tank's mantle as forum troll.
    Uh no, I was speaking sincerely. What annoys you about what I said?

Tank was not a forum troll. It is almost always wrong to try to read nefarious motives into people's nature. You might be less annoyed by Tank, or my post, if you didn't assume that the purpose was to annoy you.

If Madtown wants to kick someone out of his sandbox who is annoying some of the other kids, well, it's his party.

My beef is with a common trait of human nature - intolerance. People aren't so good at just ignoring the oddballs, cranks and drooling village idiots, or even people who they strongly disagree with.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Uh no, I was speaking sincerely. What annoys you about what I said?

Tank was not a forum troll. It is almost always wrong to try to read nefarious motives into people's nature. You might be less annoyed by Tank, or my post, if you didn't assume that the purpose was to annoy you.

If Madtown wants to kick someone out of his sandbox who is annoying some of the other kids, well, it's his party.

My beef is with a common trait of human nature - intolerance. People aren't so good at just ignoring the oddballs, cranks and drooling village idiots, or even people who they strongly disagree with.
    I'm not annoyed but I know your stand of solidarity with Tank will make others annoyed.

I once read that the purpose of any form of art is to evoke emotion in those exposed to it. Therefore the only bad art was that which caused its target to feel nothing like a picture with the same effect as the empty wall behind it. If you don't think the emotional responses Tank evoked were intentional then you're cheapening him as an artist. Although since I do believe he's a troll, my view that he manipulated a bleading heart like you into advocating for him just makes his work that much more impressive to me.

But I agree with you about intolerance. I've personally had no use for the ignore feature on this forum but we've all got our flavor. While I can manage Tank and the other trolls we've had over the years, I'd join the pitchfork mob against a poster who was continually advertising for example. Tank probably deserves a poll to determine is fate. If the community feels he detracts from the experience here that's hard to argue with.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

If you don't think the emotional responses Tank evoked were intentional then you're cheapening him as an artist.

I suppose there is art in the velvet clown.
    Some people have it in their nature to be annoying. They don't have to try.

Tank probably deserves a poll to determine is fate. If the community feels he detracts from the experience here that's hard to argue with.
    Ugh. Tank has been punished enough, he doesn't deserve a poll to confirm his unpopularity.

I'm against neighborhood committees who force somebody to remove the garden gnome from their front lawn.

I once read that the purpose of any form of art is to evoke emotion in those exposed to it.
    There is an emotional response when I break wind in polite company, but no one calls it art.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm against neighborhood committees who force somebody to remove the garden gnome from their front lawn.
    ah ha! But what about the yard jockey? Can I keep that?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ah ha! But what about the yard jockey? Can I keep that?
    Absofuckinglutely.

And I'm keeping mine.

Blog Entries
    Tank had his poll and was here on borrowed time. Had the Packers won the SB I would have issued a pardon. Guess it's another thing you can blame on the coaches.

I like that Mexicans keep their word. Good work.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I like that Mexicans keep their word. Good work.
    Flipping a coin to decide Tank's fate was lame and easy, not the cowboy way.

A real cholo would just get rid of the guy and say it was because he said so.

^^ Gross

Blog Entries
    Flipping a coin to decide Tank's fate was lame and easy, not the cowboy way.

A real cholo would just get rid of the guy and say it was because he said so.
    The game was decided long before the overtime coin flip.

For the record, I wanted tank to stay. He is all you honkies reckoning. Proof that all that Black music is truly bad for White youth.

The fun of an ant farm is you never know what will happen. I'm disappointed that some of the black ants couldn't tolerate a red ant