Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I disagree. Imagine if, after Burnett's interception, Belicheck was the head coach instead of Stubby. I guarantee we don't lose the game. You don't win the game by taking a knee, especially when Seattle has all its timeouts. You win by making a 1st down. We've done it several times earlier in the season.
    Exactly... MM did his bit to piss it away, and dunderdummy reverted to his usual form - a leopard and his spots.

Did ya like those Marshawn Lynch runs up the middle when dunderdummy abandoned the middle of the field - as he always can't wait to do, lol...

Knew it was over when MM started taking a knee with 5 minutes left.
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Exactly... MM did his bit to piss it away, and dunderdummy reverted to his usual form - a leopard and his spots.

Did ya like those Marshawn Lynch runs up the middle when dunderdummy abandoned the middle of the field - as he always can't wait to do, lol...

Knew it was over when MM started taking a knee with 5 minutes left.
    I knew we were in trouble when Capers started to rush Wilson with two or three guys. I'll have to watch again to say when that was. But during the game in this thread I wrote "Prevent?" a couple of times.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

But during the game in this thread I wrote "Prevent?" a couple of times.
    copying my posts again

I knew we were in trouble when Capers started to rush Wilson with two or three guys. I'll have to watch again to say when that was. But during the game in this thread I wrote "Prevent?" a couple of times.
    I don't know how Kearse (Baldwin?) got that open on 3rd and 19 with eight men in coverage. It looked like the Seattle game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't know how Kearse (Baldwin?) got that open on 3rd and 19 with eight men in coverage. It looked like the Seattle game.
    Our roaming prevent LB's were too shallow. They looked setup around the 1st but the WR's were behind.
    That was a terrible call by Dom; sending three. Wilson could have cooked a six pack of brats back there he had so much time
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Our roaming prevent LB's were too shallow. They looked setup around the 1st but the WR's were behind.
    That was a terrible call by Dom; sending three. Wilson could have cooked a six pack of brats back there he had so much time
    There has to be someone on him. Playing the sticks is for the shallowest defenders. The deep guys have to come up. The defense isn't called to have a hole in the zone or 25 yard catches.

wist thinks that is the call, but it clearly isn't the idea. Someone sat WAY too far back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

There has to be someone on him. Playing the sticks is for the shallowest defenders. The deep guys have to come up. The defense isn't called to have a hole in the zone or 25 yard catches.

wist thinks that is the call, but it clearly isn't the idea. Someone sat WAY too far back.
    Absolutely agree.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

If only Dom has a remote that could pause time and space and then could move the players to the right position on the field and then un-pause the remote. The players have to think on their feet, don't they? Of course, he can also call a time-out as his "pause button".
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    If only Dom has a remote that could pause time and space and then could move the players to the right position on the field and then un-pause the remote. The players have to think on their feet, don't they? Of course, he can also call a time-out as his "pause button".
    I saw that movie, it was terrible.

That's what Capers does in that situation - he has the players simply occupy a patch of turf without regard to where any of the receivers are, and with no pass rush... well, you saw what happened.

The 11th commandment - "Thou shalt never, ever, rush 3"

Rush 3 and cover no one is a staple of Capers and has been for years.
    wist

Play your regular defense, rush the passer, contest the reception, make the tackle and get the fuck off the field... not dunderdummy though - he's amazing, isn't he??
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Play your regular defense, rush the passer, contest the reception, make the tackle and get the fuck off the field... not dunderdummy though - he's amazing, isn't he??

Not even you would pin this on DOM; he was Domgenius for 3 quarters and if not for TWO epic special teams fuckups most of what we witnessed never happens.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Not even you would pin this on DOM; he was Domgenius for 3 quarters and if not for TWO epic special teams fuckups most of what we witnessed never happens.
    Nailed it !

How many posted this week that ST's would bite the team in the arse!?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Nailed it !

How many posted this week that ST's would bite the team in the arse!?

I know I did; several times