Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was feeling differently earlier this week than I am on Game Day.

The Green Bay Packers simply don't play well on the road and this season have averaged 21 points of offense away from Lambeau Field.

Seattle bombed the Packers in week 1 but the Packers have improved. So have the Seattle Seahawks improved down the stretch and allowing about 8 points per game over what? ...The last seven games and that's just too much of an obstacle.

If the Green Bay Packers come out of the gate fast on both sides of the ball they certainly have a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

Seattle is simply ready and too well prepared and know their destiny is another Super Bowl game.

How I see it in more detail:

Eddie Lacy and Jordy Nelson beat that Seattle 'D' for a TD each. Mason Crosby kicks two FG's.

The Packers 'D' cannot handle the load that's the Seahawks running game and Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson both score. TE Luke Willson scores a 40 plus yard TD as well. Steven Hauschka kicks two FG's.

Final Score in a good game: Seattle 27 - Green Bay 20

What we see in this game is an ongoing problem of the Packers 'D' missing tackles and overall not being aggressive enough tackling. I believe I'm going to see Ha Ha Clinton Dix dive for Marshawn Lynch's ankles and 'of course' miss and I'll scream NO! It takes a concerted tackling effort to bring that load to the mat.

We'll also see our weakness at the TE position as the Packers are soundly out played there.

We'll see more lousy punting in this game and thus sacrificing field position.

Losing the mobility of Aaron Rodgers will put too much heat on Lacy and Starks. The Seattle defense focus is right there.

Aaron Rodgers won't go to the short passing game enough and the cost is at least one pick. Another turnover via an Aaron Rodgers fumble deep in Packer territory really hurts. Aaron Rodgers has a poor game because of the heat brought by the Seattle rush. There's simply too many excellent players on the Seattle 'D'.

The bottom line. The Green Bay Packers are going to feel the pressure of a defense that is simply too well coached, too lean and fast.

I won't even say I'm sorry. It is just what we all should expect. Too many NFL experts see it the way I do because the Seattle Seahawks are just that good and will return to defend their Super Bowl Championship.

The Green Bay Packers? Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have obvious work to do.

This has been a solid season overall and we have a lot of reason to be proud of the Packers. Unfortunately the step forward isn't enough but will help the powers in charge make an accurate assessment of needs.

I have to admit it does hurt to feel as I do about this matchup. That doesn't help. The Green Bay Packers need more on defense and a 100% healthy Aaron Rodgers..

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-18-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau