Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Comment woodbuck27:

Please stop...Read this and be WARNED. I don't want any member here blowing a fuse.

This post is for the record...

I know there are members here that are actually sensitive to this thread and if your one of them I advise you NOT TO READ THIS POST... IGNORE THIS POST ...It's simply for the record.

If you read it and that bugs you ..'YOU' blame yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Yes, a lot if's - but even with those if's - if MM and dunderdummy don't each of them crawl into a shell - we still win the game.

MM beginning to take a knee at the 5 min mark; dunderdummy's amazing 3 man rush, and cover no one defense on 3rd and forever, his abandoning the middle of the field and playing a 2-4 which allows Lynch to simply run up the middle for a 1st down on 3rd and 6, and allows him to run up the middle for 13 yds, and 14 yds, on and on...

All of those things are coaching decisions that absolutely killed us.

When the game reached regulation time the Green Bay Packers still had a shot if they gathered themselves.

On another thread (somewhere?) ... I brought up this matter of the defensive call on the play on the opening possession of overtime that ending with the Russell Wilson to Jermaine Kearse TD (beating Tramone Williams). A 1st and 10 play from the Packers 35 yard line.

The Seahawks were in field goal range. Wasn't it of primary importance to prevent a play for six? At least... 'only' allow a FG and get the ball back for a chance at a 'W'?

These questions came to me:

** Why are defensive stalwarts Morgan Burnett and Julius Peppers left off the field?

** Why does Dom Capers go all in with 'a blitz' and leave it so four defenders are left close to the LOS and completely out of the play?

**Why was backup SS Sean Richardson left to cover underneath with at least two other LBers and not provide help over the top and inside of CB Tramon Williams?

** As the defensive alignment stood before the snap why did Tramon Williams allow Jermaine Kearse to release inside and make any pass defense more difficult? Any decent pass inside and Tramon Williams was likely toasted !

I came across an article specifically on this Packer defensive oversight and that critiques Dom Capers 'all in approach' on this game ending play; and specifically points a finger at Tramon Williams. As your considering TWill's FA status maybe this will impact that!?

http://allgbp.com/2015/01/21/packers...l-death-knell/

Packers Xs and Os Film Session: Final Death Knell

Posted on January 21, 2015 by Jay Hodgson

Final comment:

That whole thing can be described with two words ... "mailed in". It's like a switch was thrown and from a certain point in time everything that could possibly go towords helping the Seattle Seahawks win that game happened for just that.

I'm not just talking about the last five minutes of regulation and OT.

The whole thing just stunk.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-12-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau