Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1302

Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    At this point I feel like I'm over the loss, but seeing the game tomorrow will probably bring back the memories
    There will be specials on this for all time. Just like...

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm still in the anger stage. Getting this game played and over should help getting to next phase.

But will I ever truly be "over" this game?

Ah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    I'm still in the anger stage. Getting this game played and over should help getting to next phase.

But will I ever truly be "over" this game?

Ah, no.
    Maybe. I remember after the 2010 Superbowl win, all those bad feelings about 1997,1998, 2001,2,3,4,7, and 2009 kinda washed away. Sure I still remember the losses, but the anger and regret vanished. It was truly remarkable - a total reset. Now we need to wash away 2011,2,3,4. One thing I just love is being in the hunt all the time. Man, the seasons are so much fun when you realize you really have a legitimate shot to win it all. And next year will be no different. Thanks, Bob Harlan, thanks Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren, Bert, Reggie, Ted Thompson, Stubby, Rodgers, Woodson, and Clay (and a whole bunch of others). The playoff losses are heartbreaking, but the opportunities are glorious.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think of it more like this:

After long years of futility against the NFC West it finally looked like the Packers had engineered a solid TEAM victory over the Seatac Shitbirds and spanned whatever mental/physical divide had separated Green Bay from the Seattle/San Fran nexus.

But then, 42 mph winds came blowing off of Puget Sound and caused some kind of unforeseen aeroelastic flutter due to the construction of its special teams... err... rigid sides that allowed the structure to catch the wind and twist hopelessly into the Sound.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

The loss was excruciating, but I'm already looking ahead to next year. I think it's because I see the Packers as an ascending team. Unlike teams like New Orleans, New York Giants and San Francisco, the Packers are better than they were 2 years ago. The Packers let one get away, and were hampered by Rodgers' injury, but I think they're the best overall team in football. The near future looks pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The loss was excruciating, but I'm already looking ahead to next year. I think it's because I see the Packers as an ascending team. Unlike teams like New Orleans, New York Giants and San Francisco, the Packers are better than they were 2 years ago. The Packers let one get away, and were hampered by Rodgers' injury, but I think they're the best overall team in football. The near future looks pretty awesome.
    The best two teams in the NFL are competing for the Super Bowl today.

That fact should be very obvious.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

No. The best team doesn't always win. If the current Packers team played the current Seahawks team multiple times, I think the Packers would win most of them. They just didn't win last Sunday.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 02-01-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Packers beat them both. Not obvious.

That's 'the Spirit Boys'

Never Surrender !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Packers beat them both. Not obvious.
    Really they beat them both?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Homerism a far worse ailment than arthritis.

Comment woodbuck27:

Please stop...Read this and be WARNED. I don't want any member here blowing a fuse.

This post is for the record...

I know there are members here that are actually sensitive to this thread and if your one of them I advise you NOT TO READ THIS POST... IGNORE THIS POST ...It's simply for the record.

If you read it and that bugs you ..'YOU' blame yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Yes, a lot if's - but even with those if's - if MM and dunderdummy don't each of them crawl into a shell - we still win the game.

MM beginning to take a knee at the 5 min mark; dunderdummy's amazing 3 man rush, and cover no one defense on 3rd and forever, his abandoning the middle of the field and playing a 2-4 which allows Lynch to simply run up the middle for a 1st down on 3rd and 6, and allows him to run up the middle for 13 yds, and 14 yds, on and on...

All of those things are coaching decisions that absolutely killed us.

When the game reached regulation time the Green Bay Packers still had a shot if they gathered themselves.

On another thread (somewhere?) ... I brought up this matter of the defensive call on the play on the opening possession of overtime that ending with the Russell Wilson to Jermaine Kearse TD (beating Tramone Williams). A 1st and 10 play from the Packers 35 yard line.

The Seahawks were in field goal range. Wasn't it of primary importance to prevent a play for six? At least... 'only' allow a FG and get the ball back for a chance at a 'W'?

These questions came to me:

** Why are defensive stalwarts Morgan Burnett and Julius Peppers left off the field?

** Why does Dom Capers go all in with 'a blitz' and leave it so four defenders are left close to the LOS and completely out of the play?

**Why was backup SS Sean Richardson left to cover underneath with at least two other LBers and not provide help over the top and inside of CB Tramon Williams?

** As the defensive alignment stood before the snap why did Tramon Williams allow Jermaine Kearse to release inside and make any pass defense more difficult? Any decent pass inside and Tramon Williams was likely toasted !

I came across an article specifically on this Packer defensive oversight and that critiques Dom Capers 'all in approach' on this game ending play; and specifically points a finger at Tramon Williams. As your considering TWill's FA status maybe this will impact that!?

http://allgbp.com/2015/01/21/packers...l-death-knell/

Packers Xs and Os Film Session: Final Death Knell

Posted on January 21, 2015 by Jay Hodgson

Final comment:

That whole thing can be described with two words ... "mailed in". It's like a switch was thrown and from a certain point in time everything that could possibly go towords helping the Seattle Seahawks win that game happened for just that.

I'm not just talking about the last five minutes of regulation and OT.

The whole thing just stunk.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-12-2015 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Yep, the Packers beat the sea chickens like a rental car for 55 minutes. Too bad they didn't finish the job.

Homerism a far worse ailment than arthritis.

Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-12-2015 at 07:55 PM.

For all you masochist's out there, ESPN is showing this game at 6:30pm CDT tonight. Part of their "NFL's Greatest Games" series. A condensed, half hour torture package starring Brandon Bostick.

Don't worry if you miss it. It's being rebroadcast at 8:30pm as well.
    Last edited by esoxx; 07-21-2015 at 06:35 PM.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

No.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    For all you masochist's out there, ESPN is showing this game at 6:30pm CDT tonight. Part of their "NFL's Greatest Games" series. A condensed, half hour torture package starring Brandon Bostick.

Don't worry if you miss it. It's being rebroadcast at 8:30pm as well.
    Where are those hackers when you really need them?