Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    http://www.king5.com/story/sports/nf...take/21928607/ Apparently Schneider was the one who cut him back in 2008, and admits it was a mistake. Oh, really? You mean because Derrick Frost was a downgrade? Ryan was not spectacular, but cutting him started the 1 year eras of Derrick Frost and Jeremy Kapinos in successive years. Oy! At least Masthay has provided some stability at that position. I would agree with Scheider that it was a dumb move to cut him. I can't remember if he had a punting competition with Derrick Frost in TC or if Frost was simply brought in off the streets.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Apparently Schneider was the one who cut him back in 2008, and admits it was a mistake. Oh, really? You mean because Derrick Frost was a downgrade? Ryan was not spectacular, but cutting him started the 1 year eras of Derrick Frost and Jeremy Kapinos in successive years. Oy! At least Masthay has provided some stability at that position. I would agree with Scheider that it was a dumb move to cut him. I can't remember if he had a punting competition with Derrick Frost in TC or if Frost was simply brought in off the streets.
    IIRC, Ryan was cut days before the regular season opener. Rumour was that the Packers had their eye on Frost, and when he was cut by Washington Ryan was punted and they brought Frost right in and signed him.

I think he went on to a front office position in the NFLPA.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...