Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

The experts have all spoken and in their eyes there is no reason to play this game. The Packers are going to get beat and beat badly. Even here at Packerrats 15 posters have picked the Seahags over the Pack.

If I ever bet money on the Packers in a game, this would be the one I bet my house on. The Packers are going to come out and punch the Seachickens in the nose and they aren't going to like it one bit. The Pack is going to run Lacy down their throats. Bullies try to pick on someone who will not fight back and today Seattle has finally picked on the wrong team.

Packers win 31-14 and punch their ticket to the Super Bowl!
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 01-18-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Up and at 'em!

Packers are loose, rested, and ready. They're going to get the crowd out of it early and roll.

In other news, Wilson has 12 fumbles and the Seahawks have recovered all 12: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-luck-runs-ou

Paging Dr. Peppers.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries

Love that pic vince.

Seahawks opponent luck ends today. Hayward gets a pick, someone on the D line causes another fumble (Peppers or Jones) and Packers fashion a first half lead.

Shock the World!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Nice.

Will be at work today. Best of luck, chappies. Go Pack!

Sure, I'll have some.

Packers 24

Seahawks 23

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Woodson is Ready!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 23m23 minutes ago
    #boss RT @nflnetwork: #CharlesWoodsonsAscot is....?? (photo: @richeisen)

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10h10 hours ago
    New from JS: James Jones says Packers have to be fast-paced, creative to beat Seahawks http://ift.tt/1CBIRhH #packers

Packers' attitude is reminding me of the 2011 Giants. They've got swagger. They ain't scared. Seattle better look out.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I find myself as a realist. It's easier to set reasonable expectations and be surprised rather than disappointed.

Fact is - pack has had a great year and it may end this afternoon. Winning two more, to me, would be gravy- sweet, sweet gravy.

I have the pack a 3/10 shot at winning this game given their performance on the road, vs. top 5 defenses and with arod limited.

That said - we have a shot. If we play smart, take some chances and get a few breaks - it can happen.

But isn't that said for most games?

Lacy up the middle. Spy wilson. Win turnover and time of possession.

Do that and I see a 20-17 packers W.

If we don't protect arod, shy away from Sherman, let the crowd stay in the game, get cute with play calls - then I see a 2nd half scramble and a loss. 17-10.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    I find myself as a realist. It's easier to set reasonable expectations and be surprised rather than disappointed.

Fact is - pack has had a great year and it may end this afternoon. Winning two more, to me, would be gravy- sweet, sweet gravy.

I have the pack a 3/10 shot at winning this game given their performance on the road, vs. top 5 defenses and with arod limited.

That said - we have a shot. If we play smart, take some chances and get a few breaks - it can happen.

But isn't that said for most games?

Lacy up the middle. Spy wilson. Win turnover and time of possession.

Do that and I see a 20-17 packers W.

If we don't protect arod, shy away from Sherman, let the crowd stay in the game, get cute with play calls - then I see a 2nd half scramble and a loss. 17-10.
    Well said. Any Given Sunday, but reality is, Seattle has the advantage. I just want a close game in all 4 quarters.

I had a dream earlier this week and the score was Packers - 28, Seahawks 17. But, my gut tells me the Pack will hang to halftime and get blown away in the 2nd half.

Packers will score over 20.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Rodgers ain't Kaep, Lindley, Stanton, or Shaun Hill. Pack take it 24-17.
    Go PACK

I was feeling differently earlier this week than I am on Game Day.

The Green Bay Packers simply don't play well on the road and this season have averaged 21 points of offense away from Lambeau Field.

Seattle bombed the Packers in week 1 but the Packers have improved. So have the Seattle Seahawks improved down the stretch and allowing about 8 points per game over what? ...The last seven games and that's just too much of an obstacle.

If the Green Bay Packers come out of the gate fast on both sides of the ball they certainly have a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

Seattle is simply ready and too well prepared and know their destiny is another Super Bowl game.

How I see it in more detail:

Eddie Lacy and Jordy Nelson beat that Seattle 'D' for a TD each. Mason Crosby kicks two FG's.

The Packers 'D' cannot handle the load that's the Seahawks running game and Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson both score. TE Luke Willson scores a 40 plus yard TD as well. Steven Hauschka kicks two FG's.

Final Score in a good game: Seattle 27 - Green Bay 20

What we see in this game is an ongoing problem of the Packers 'D' missing tackles and overall not being aggressive enough tackling. I believe I'm going to see Ha Ha Clinton Dix dive for Marshawn Lynch's ankles and 'of course' miss and I'll scream NO! It takes a concerted tackling effort to bring that load to the mat.

We'll also see our weakness at the TE position as the Packers are soundly out played there.

We'll see more lousy punting in this game and thus sacrificing field position.

Losing the mobility of Aaron Rodgers will put too much heat on Lacy and Starks. The Seattle defense focus is right there.

Aaron Rodgers won't go to the short passing game enough and the cost is at least one pick. Another turnover via an Aaron Rodgers fumble deep in Packer territory really hurts. Aaron Rodgers has a poor game because of the heat brought by the Seattle rush. There's simply too many excellent players on the Seattle 'D'.

The bottom line. The Green Bay Packers are going to feel the pressure of a defense that is simply too well coached, too lean and fast.

I won't even say I'm sorry. It is just what we all should expect. Too many NFL experts see it the way I do because the Seattle Seahawks are just that good and will return to defend their Super Bowl Championship.

The Green Bay Packers? Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have obvious work to do.

This has been a solid season overall and we have a lot of reason to be proud of the Packers. Unfortunately the step forward isn't enough but will help the powers in charge make an accurate assessment of needs.

I have to admit it does hurt to feel as I do about this matchup. That doesn't help. The Green Bay Packers need more on defense and a 100% healthy Aaron Rodgers..

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-18-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Well said. Any Given Sunday, but reality is, Seattle has the advantage. I just want a close game in all 4 quarters.

I had a dream earlier this week and the score was Packers - 28, Seahawks 17. But, my gut tells me the Pack will hang to halftime and get blown away in the 2nd half.
    Was anyone in a garage in that dream?

Pack's O Line plays with purpose -- blasting holes for Eddie & James, and protecting Aaron as if their lives depended on his comfort in the pocket. Claymaker attacks from the middle, and outsiders Perry & Neal have the games we have all been waiting for. Wilson has 3 costly turnovers and "Rodgers to Rodgers" outplays "Wilson to Willson". In one for the ages The Pack wins: 20-14.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Was anyone in a garage in that dream?
    Ha ha, nope, but I plan on spending alot of time out there today, either from frustration or change of luck

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Ha ha, nope, but I plan on spending alot of time out there today, either from frustration or change of luck
    Once this game finally begins and we get the first half in; we'll have a better understanding of the likely outcome.

It's the build up to the kick off that's difficult.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau