Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

The Packers were favored by 11 points when they lost to Denver in 98.
    The latest line I've seen has Seattle favored by 8.
    Time for the Great Wheel of Karma to spin our way.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I was feeling differently earlier this week than I am on Game Day....
    I have to admit it does hurt to feel as I do about this matchup. That doesn't help. The Green Bay Packers need more on defense and a 100% healthy Aaron Rodgers..

GO PACK GO !
    Good post Woody. If the pack loses, I think you've got it nailed how it will happen.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Packer Parody "Packer Backer"
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Julius Peppers' birthday is today - the big 35.

Ted Thompson turned 61 yesterday.

The turtle came out of his shell to help win this very game. Was it enough Teddy?

I bet they both want the same thing for their birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Julius Peppers' birthday is today - the big 35.

Ted Thompson turned 61 yesterday.

The turtle came out of his shell to help win this very game. Was it enough Teddy?

I bet they both want the same thing for their birthday!
    What a birthday present a win would be today for Julius Peppers.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

There are currently 273 users online. 26 members and 247 guests

GO PACKERS !

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Rain does not bode well for us. We're going to have a hard enough time tackling Lynch when he's dry, let alone when he's slick with rain/mud.

Besides that, heavy rain and significant wind make a crapshoot out of this game. All the pre-game strategy talk goes out the window and the winner will probably be determined by which way the ball bounces.

Can't wait for this show to start!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Rain does not bode well for us. We're going to have a hard enough time tackling Lynch when he's dry, let alone when he's slick with rain/mud.

Besides that, heavy rain and significant wind make a crapshoot out of this game. All the pre-game strategy talk goes out the window and the winner will probably be determined by which way the ball bounces.

Can't wait for this show to start!
    Anything to add more variance to this game has to be considered a good thing for the underdogs. Some think these conditions favor passing offense. A timing-based passing attack won't be as affected as the defenders who have to plant and drive to change directions to keep tight coverage. It also hinders the first step from the pass rush.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Packer Rock Anthem ft. Lucas Cates (LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem Remix)

Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-18-2015 at 12:43 PM.

I'm really hoping it doesn't get sloppy. I'd hate to lose this thing based on a receiver losing his footing and a defender getting a pick 6 as a result.

It's pouring now. TV just had a shot of Arod under an umbrella and a torrent of rain coming down.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

higher winds are not good for this Packer offense. Last week, some of Rodger's passes sailed. With a high wind, those sail away, maybe to a defender. It's a concern.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm really hoping it doesn't get sloppy. I'd hate to lose this thing based on a receiver losing his footing and a defender getting a pick 6 as a result.

It's pouring now. TV just had a shot of Arod under an umbrella and a torrent of rain coming down.

Too bad it's on turf. A muddy field would at least be awesome, classic football speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Too bad it's on turf. A muddy field would at least be awesome, classic football speaking.
    I remember a classic Packer game (I think it was in Baltimore and a playoff) in the Glory Days. All the Packers on offense were covered with mud. Paul Hornung's uniform was a solid sheet of mud. ...EXCEPT Bart Starr's uniform was absolutely clean as if it had just come out of the dryer. LOL

it is pouring

i'm with maxi, that doesn't help us. we need our high flying offense to win, thats gonna be tough today

plus sloppy weather usually helps defenses, they have the better defense, by far

Lil Wayne "GREEN AND YELLOW" Packers music video!

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

Hey Guess what !

Mae says that the Packers win today !

She says:

Of course they do !

NFL Network just reported that the Seahawks practice in this weather. They WANT the game to be in the rain. Reporter said Pete Carroll actually takes them outside to practice when it is raining.

My question is: When it rains, what happens to the plexi eye covers in the helmet facemasks? Do they fog up? Are they even serviceable?

Blog Entries
    I remember a classic Packer game (I think it was in Baltimore and a playoff) in the Glory Days. All the Packers on offense were covered with mud. Paul Hornung's uniform was a solid sheet of mud. ...EXCEPT Bart Starr's uniform was absolutely clean as if it had just come out of the dryer. LOL
    No mud perhaps, but if they pull out a win today, this game goes down in the annals of all-time great wins and cements McCarthy (needs a win like this and maybe another Super Bowl) and Rodgers (inevitable but today would cross him over the rubicon as an all-time great) into immortality. Strong statement perhaps but an upset win on the road like this under potentially extreme conditions against the defending Super Bowl Champs as a huge underdog at the toughest place in the league to play in the NFC Championship? That tops the NFC Championship in Chicago. Other than the historic weight of the rivalry, the Bears weren't in the same league as this Seattle team in terms of accomplishment and quality.

Lil Wayne on ESPN

Bad footing helps the offense, they know were they are going.

Wind hurts passing. Rodgers has the better arm, but the Packers might want to throw more. We'll see.

Rain isn't going to hurt the Packers. They are used to a wet ball and Rodgers has huge hands, almost as big as Favre's.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.