Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1302

Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The internet is literally down after that. Advanced NFL Stats, Football Outsiders and PackerRats having server error. Twitter is somehow still up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ground Rat
    Unless a FG wins it I'm never taking 3 points inside the 1 yardline. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Glory View Post
    Unless a FG wins it I'm never taking 3 points inside the 1 yardline. Ever.
    Given the score, the D and the way the game played out, that wasn't a huge cost. But it left them with less margin for error and then they got WAY too conservative.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Given the score, the D and the way the game played out, that wasn't a huge cost. But it left them with less margin for error and then they got WAY too conservative.
    Yeah, I've seen us fail miserably enough on 4th and goal from the 1 lately...I'll take the 3 points against a Seattle team that is offensively challenged. McCarthy's playcalling in the redzone is about the worst I've seen from an NFL head coach. That wasn't the pussy move that cost us the game. Deciding to basically take a knee from the start of the 4th quarter when the Seahawk defense was gassed, injured, limping, on the ropes....that is inexcusable from a coaching staff.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The internet is literally down after that. Advanced NFL Stats, Football Outsiders and PackerRats having server error. Twitter is somehow still up.
    I blame North Korea. And Slocum.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Ground Rat
    4th & goal at the half yardline.....that cost us. That whole series down there and the pussy FG decision

Blog Entries
    4th & goal at the half yardline.....that cost us. That whole series down there and the pussy FG decision

It's hard to fault that call
    The offense pussied out on 2nd and 3rd down
    Punch it in
    After the RB's failed twice that seemed to me to be the right call.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

MM's decisions all game long smelled like fish. 4th quarter was major choke

Blog Entries
    once we f'cked up the onside kick I knew we were done; what a terrible terrible feeling
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    once we f'cked up the onside kick I knew we were done; what a terrible terrible feeling
    The fake FG for TD was the start. Burnett falling down on his own when he could have had a TD was next.

That last 5 minutes was far worse than water boarding.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    I have no idea how anyone can talk about anything besides

This was a historic win with a one-legged QB in an unbelievably tough environement that did just enough against a great defense - thanks to the great field position the defense gave them all day long in a dominating performance. Unbelievable effort by everyone on the team to give the Packers another historic win and Super Bowl run....

pulled out from underneath it after it accomplished it - by a no name third string TE from Arkansas A&M or somewhere. Just do what you've practiced - don't even go after that ball because your responsibility is to protect Jordy who's the designated high onside jump-catcher behind the line of guys who are to protect him.

Man - biggest choke ever by a guy who will go down in infamy way ahead of T.J. Rubley and every choke story in the history of football. The Super Fucking Bowl pulled out from underneath an incredible win on the road against the defending champs. Feels like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

Man - biggest choke ever by a guy who will go down in infamy way ahead of T.J. Rubley and every choke story in the history of football.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    There's one. Billy Buckner. That was Game 6 though right? Still had game 7.

This was Bottom of the 9 game 7 up 3, lazy fly ball to center field and the left fielder runs over to catch it only to see it bounce of his head and clear the bases for an inside the park grand slam error to lose by 1.

Then the left fielder walks off the field with a big welt on his forehead while the fans storm the field. Feels like that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I have no idea how anyone can talk about anything besides

This was a historic win with a one-legged QB in an unbelievably tough environement that did just enough against a great defense - thanks to the great field position the defense gave them all day long in a dominating performance. Unbelievable effort by everyone on the team to give the Packers another historic win and Super Bowl run....

pulled out from underneath it after it accomplished it - by a no name third string TE from Arkansas A&M or somewhere. Just do what you've practiced - don't even go after that ball because your responsibility is to protect Jordy who's the designated high onside jump-catcher behind the line of guys who are to protect him.

Man - biggest choke ever by a guy who will go down in infamy way ahead of T.J. Rubley and every choke story in the history of football. The Super Fucking Bowl pulled out from underneath an incredible win on the road against the defending champs. Feels like a dream.
    Too many here knew this would happen.

The game plan had to be simple and persistent for a full 60 minutes.

The TRICK TD on the faked FG was Mickey Mouse. Jon Ryan must love it.

The defense had to key on Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch and TE Luke Willson for a full 60 minutes but we saw what happened late in the 4th Qtr. and in OT. These guys were all dialed in killing the Packers as that game wound down to it's conclusion.

The Packers needed more in the bank on offense and MM ensured that wasn't the case.

Mike McCarthy showed us again today that he cannot compete in the big game.

That won't matter. The tight Family Circle that's the Green Bay Packers brass will just shake it off.

"Hey we made it to the NFC Championship game and where will we lay the blame for such a close defeat in Over Time ?"

Pass the cheese and crackers please.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I am having trouble counting the number of ways the team could have won this. Its exactly like the Eagles loss. But worse.

Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith 25s25 seconds ago
    Packers' D played well for 56 minutes, then gave up 206 yards and 3 touchdowns on Seattle's last 3 drives.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith 25s25 seconds ago
    Packers' D played well for 56 minutes, then gave up 206 yards and 3 touchdowns on Seattle's last 3 drives.
    They don't play Capers bleed the clock D well. It has worked, buts its not pretty. You can't go 12-4 without a decent D effort, but that was a failing this year.

There are currently 1504 users online. and now... 52 members and 1452 guests

The Packers killed themselves today but:

Long live the Green Bay Packer Organization and Packerrats.

There isn't one member here today that isn't a little shocked as this game went.

For reason (s) few experts called the Packers to win this game in Seattle.

it was a marvelous win that was and suddenly ...wasn't.

That really is difficult to take. Imagine how the Green Pay Packer team (Players and Coaches and TT and the Powers To Be feel !? Many of them can't even express their feelings.

This loss is PAIN !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The Packers are getting criticized for shutting down their offense with a 19-7 lead and under 5 minutes to play after Burnett's interception. I think 31 other teams would do exactly what MM did and call 3 running plays to force Seattle to burn TOs. Everybody is quick to say that special teams cost us this win, and they certainly contributed.

Remember, in the last 3 minutes of the game and in the first 3 minutes of overtime, our defense gave up 22 points. Our offense had the ball for about a minute and scored 3 points. Our defense EPICALLY failed. I don't believe this is on the defensive coordinator. I believe the players failed. They, and I don't use this word easily, completely choked. MM didn't lose the game. Capers didn't lose the game. Special teams certainly contributed, but the defense lost this game after playing lights out for 57 minutes. The players choked this game away.