Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1302

Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    the worst defeat in Packer history will have more than 1 goat. IT's tempting to blame it all on MM, Slocum, Hawk, Bostick ..... There were a series of epic fuckups
    Ha Ha has some skin in the game. You HAVE to knock down that 2 point conversion prayer heave. If he does that...Crosby's FG wins the game.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Vince I hear you.

However, Slocum as the coach should have an understanding of who is capable of doing an assignment. We all know what was supposed to happen...and I'm sure Bostick knows what is supposed to happen. However, what was supposed to happen didn't. Great coaching staffs prepare their players...we all know Slocum is HORRIFIC in preparing his players. We've seen it 100 times. Just because Slocum covered this on a chalkboard for 15 minutes this week is not enough...and that is my guess as to how Slocum approaches his job. Not just based on this game...but the countless other times his players have screwed the pooch.

Fool me once...shame on the player. Fool me 100 times...the coach is a fucking retard and needs to go or we'll ALWAYS have stupid dumbasses out there costing us games. That is EXACTLY why Slocum earns a paycheck. To make sure the dumbasses are weeded out. You don't wait until the NFCC game to figure out if a guy can pass mustard.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    There's one. Billy Buckner. That was Game 6 though right? Still had game 7.

This was Bottom of the 9 game 7 up 3, lazy fly ball to center field and the left fielder runs over to catch it only to see it bounce of his head and clear the bases for an inside the park grand slam error to lose by 1.

Then the left fielder walks off the field with a big welt on his forehead while the fans storm the field. Feels like that anyway.

I seem to be the only one seeing that Seattle got a lot of lucky bounces in last 8 minutes of game. I'm not taking anything away from their comeback, they hammered the scared Packers, but one bad bounce and packers win.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    fuck the fake fg, 4th and 26, pales in comparison to 2nd and 30, 3rd and 19 and then you rush 2 guys and well fuck it I have a softball game to watch superbowl sunday anyhow....just the dumbest shit I have ever witnessed.....plenty of blame to go around and well these things linger for teams. They may never recover from this. Maybe its time for MM to go. This is a talented team that just wilted like a little bitch.
    +1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

didn't packer special teams outscore packer offense today?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    So you are absolving the coaches for losing this game?
    I'm saying that fans always blame the coaches, but the players were in perfect position to go to the Super Bowl with a 12 point lead and 3 minutes to go. They didn't cover Lynch out of the backfield, bit on the fake to Lynch on the Wilson TD. They let an onside kick hit them in the head and allowed Seattle to recover. They missed numerous tackles on the Lynch run. They didn't knock down a duck that was in the air for 3 seconds on the 2 point conversion. Then, they allowed Kearse to get behind them in OT.

The players belly flopped. They choked. I'd love to say the coaches screwed the pooch, but that really didn't happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    If he scores on the pick instead of sliding, if if if if.....lots of ifs, that was just one.

there were players in front of him; the LB ahead of him turned and signaled for him to go down. I agree it was moronic. He should have known better than doing that on anything but the last drive of the game.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I disagree. Imagine if, after Burnett's interception, Belicheck was the head coach instead of Stubby. I guarantee we don't lose the game. You don't win the game by taking a knee, especially when Seattle has all its timeouts. You win by making a 1st down. We've done it several times earlier in the season.
    As much as I can't stand Belicheck, I agree 100%. No way in hell Belicheck loses this game if he's coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Ha Ha has some skin in the game. You HAVE to knock down that 2 point conversion prayer heave. If he does that...Crosby's FG wins the game.
    Truth.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Ground Rat
    If HA ha didnt whiff on Wilsons prayer heave on the 2pt conversion...

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    there were players in front of him; the LB ahead of him turned and signaled for him to go down. I agree it was moronic. He should have known better than doing that on anything but the last drive of the game.
    Who was that LB?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    It was a combination of bad luck and poor coaching for a very small part of overall game. I mean, shit had the game in the bag. But then;

- The decision to get conservative when you had no trouble offensively the whole fucking game.
    - The epic fake field goal, I was literally screaming at tv to watch for fake.
    - The horrible decision by Bostick.
    - The two point convertion, I mean, fuck me, how in hell do they convert that. It was all luck.
    - Losing the overtime coin flip.

What am I missing? I am just sick about this game. If people are not fired, I will be greatly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I have no idea how anyone can talk about anything besides

This was a historic win with a one-legged QB in an unbelievably tough environement that did just enough against a great defense - thanks to the great field position the defense gave them all day long in a dominating performance. Unbelievable effort by everyone on the team to give the Packers another historic win and Super Bowl run....

pulled out from underneath it after it accomplished it - by a no name third string TE from Arkansas A&M or somewhere. Just do what you've practiced - don't even go after that ball because your responsibility is to protect Jordy who's the designated high onside jump-catcher behind the line of guys who are to protect him.

Man - biggest choke ever by a guy who will go down in infamy way ahead of T.J. Rubley and every choke story in the history of football. The Super Fucking Bowl pulled out from underneath an incredible win on the road against the defending champs. Feels like a dream.
    Too many here knew this would happen.

The game plan had to be simple and persistent for a full 60 minutes.

The TRICK TD on the faked FG was Mickey Mouse. Jon Ryan must love it.

The defense had to key on Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch and TE Luke Willson for a full 60 minutes but we saw what happened late in the 4th Qtr. and in OT. These guys were all dialed in killing the Packers as that game wound down to it's conclusion.

The Packers needed more in the bank on offense and MM ensured that wasn't the case.

Mike McCarthy showed us again today that he cannot compete in the big game.

That won't matter. The tight Family Circle that's the Green Bay Packers brass will just shake it off.

"Hey we made it to the NFC Championship game and where will we lay the blame for such a close defeat in Over Time ?"

Pass the cheese and crackers please.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    As much as I can't stand Belicheck, I agree 100%. No way in hell Belicheck loses this game if he's coaching.

I GOTTA AGREE TOOO

NO WAY HOODY GENIUS LOSES IN THIS SCENARIO

HE PUTS THE DAGGER IN

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    It was a combination of bad luck and poor coaching for a very small part of overall game. I mean, shit had the game in the bag. But then;

- The decision to get conservative when you had no trouble offensively the whole fucking game.
    - The epic fake field goal, I was literally screaming at tv to watch for fake.
    - The horrible decision by Bostick.
    - The two point convertion, I mean, fuck me, how in hell do they convert that. It was all luck.
    - Losing the overtime coin flip.

What am I missing? I am just sick about this game. If people are not fired, I will be greatly disappointed.

good summary.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I'm saying that fans always blame the coaches, but the players were in perfect position to go to the Super Bowl with a 12 point lead and 3 minutes to go. They didn't cover Lynch out of the backfield, bit on the fake to Lynch on the Wilson TD. They let an onside kick hit them in the head and allowed Seattle to recover. They missed numerous tackles on the Lynch run. They didn't knock down a duck that was in the air for 3 seconds on the 2 point conversion. Then, they allowed Kearse to get behind them in OT.

The players belly flopped. They choked. I'd love to say the coaches screwed the pooch, but that really didn't happen.
    It's called putting the players in a position to succeed. All that stuff you cited would be academic if Stubby is aggressive after Burnett's interception instead of passive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    One guy? That's bullshit. There were many plays that could have sealed it. Many. That was one giant fuckup, not the only mistake and failure.
    A lot of things happened. There is no way to deny the fact that if the onside is recovered, the Packers are in the Super Bowl right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Who was that LB?

I gotta find a replay....it was not JAG Jones...looked like Barrington.....gotta find a replay

Did Larrivee at any point say "Dagger"?