Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1302

Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    If only Dom has a remote that could pause time and space and then could move the players to the right position on the field and then un-pause the remote. The players have to think on their feet, don't they? Of course, he can also call a time-out as his "pause button".
    I saw that movie, it was terrible.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Play your regular defense, rush the passer, contest the reception, make the tackle and get the fuck off the field... not dunderdummy though - he's amazing, isn't he??

Not even you would pin this on DOM; he was Domgenius for 3 quarters and if not for TWO epic special teams fuckups most of what we witnessed never happens.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I still think every coach in the league would call 3 running plays with a 19-7 lead, under 5 minutes to play, and a defense that had played lights out the entire game. The defense choked in the final 3 minutes of the game and in the first 3 minutes of OT.
    Absolutely. You have to execute running the ball and keep the clock going. Throwing incomplete passes hurts far worse than running for no gain. Don't want either result but if guys don't execute that's what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Sometimes guys actually fuck up on the field. Sometimes the coaches do everything a coach can do and players still don't execute or get beat by the opposition to make a play. Everything that goes wrong - in fact most of the things that go wrong - are the result of players not executing or making mistakes or just getting beat by other players.

Expecting the coaches - any coaches - to get their players to never get beat or have perfect execution - is expecting the impossible.

Get the lead - check
    Shut down Wilson - check
    Win the turnover battle - check
    Maintain the lead until you get the team in position for victory formation - check
    Recover the onside kick - win the NFC Championship - uncheck
    Everything else that occured after victory is secured - irrelevant
    It really does come down to 'the moment'.

Then the next moment....and the next. In the end !

Get it done or face the consequences.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Not even you would pin this on DOM; he was Domgenius for 3 quarters and if not for TWO epic special teams fuckups most of what we witnessed never happens.
    Nailed it !

How many posted this week that ST's would bite the team in the arse!?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Tme to search for Patler's thread on Bostick and bump it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    The biggest fail in my mind is getting too conservative on both sides of the ball in those last few minutes. You just don't do that in the NFC Champianship in the other team's house. They actually called a great game up to that point but in my opinion screwed the pooch big time at the end of the game. They need to be held accountable just like when they are given praise for the wins. But for some reason, both are teflon in the eyes of the board. Here's hoping MM surprises me and fires Dom and Slocum, as well as making the changes in personal that are so obvious to everybody here. Still a packer fan, just a horribly disappointed packer fan.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    It feels good to have had a chance to win this game when nobody outside of Green Bay fans really gave the Pack much of a chance to go up there and win. Admit it. You were a little surprised that Green Bay had a 12 point lead with 7 minutes and counting. Some people here thought it wouldn't be much of a game at all. Some hoped we wouldn't get embarrassed on national TV. The Packers represented today, they just came up short. I'm proud of what they accomplished and really disappointed they fell short. This too shall pass.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I still would like to know why Matthews was not on the field the final two drives in regulation. Was he hurt???

He was in there during the Seahawks OT winning drive ....

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Absolutely. You have to execute running the ball and keep the clock going. Throwing incomplete passes hurts far worse than running for no gain. Don't want either result but if guys don't execute that's what you get.
    At the same time they were willing to have Rodgers throw on third down twice against Dallas, and this time they run/run/run/punt.

There are few people absolved of the blame for this one. Employing a weak 'play not to lose' strategy. Prevent defense.

Player's mistakes. Coaching mistakes. Were we going to actually attempt to win the game at the end of regulation? We only used one of three timeouts, when they could have maybe been a bit more aggressive moving the ball there.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_blonde View Post
    I still would like to know why Matthews was not on the field the final two drives in regulation. Was he hurt???

He went back in according to Twitter. But I am not sure which drive. It seemed he missed parts of two, I didn't see him on the play Lynch ran in for a TD.

But Twitter makes it seem that it was only a few plays. No explanation I can find.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    At the same time they were willing to have Rodgers throw on third down twice against Dallas, and this time they run/run/run/punt.

There are few people absolved of the blame for this one. Employing a weak 'play not to lose' strategy. Prevent defense.

Player's mistakes. Coaching mistakes. Were we going to actually attempt to win the game at the end of regulation? We only used one of three timeouts, when they could have maybe been a bit more aggressive moving the ball there.
    Dallas was a one score game. There is a difference. But Seattle's offense was percolating. Needed one more first down.

Quarless' non-catch might have been the end of throwing for a first when it fell to the ground.

Blog Entries
    Today I coached a travelling 5th grade girls team in a BB tourney

As the ball sailed out of bounce off the other teams hand I had a player sprinting for the ball in a close game and for some reason she tried to catch it at the sideline and it went off he hand

I put my arms out...pointed to me brain....and kindly reminded her there is no reason to touch that ball when it's going out of bounce on the other team

It seems like players on our defense had a few of those today at the wrong times today
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_blonde View Post

I agree....what was up with that? Really strange game from the get go....it's horrible but I always had a bad feeling about this one...even when they were up two TDs.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Nailed it !

How many posted this week that ST's would bite the team in the arse!?

I know I did; several times

Blog Entries
    GB announcers noting how GB was celebrating on the sidelines after the INT...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Dallas was a one score game. There is a difference. But Seattle's offense was percolating. Needed one more first down.

Quarless' non-catch might have been the end of throwing for a first when it fell to the ground.
    It was only one score, but since Seattle was a multi-score game you should be a little more willing to gamble. The defense probably could have used a rest, and it's better than going backwards for 2 out of 3 plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Maybe you're right in a regular season game, but not in the NFC Championship game in the other guy's stadium.
    Nearly every other coach in the league does NOT have a QB the caliber of Aaron Rodgers under center. That is the difference. When you have him...you let him play to WIN it. Otherwise, you are a dumbass for a head coach.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Nearly every other coach in the league does NOT have a QB the caliber of Aaron Rodgers under center. That is the difference. When you have him...you let him play to WIN it. Otherwise, you are a dumbass for a head coach.
    See - Dallas taking a shot on 4th and 2 when they could just run and be safe.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Very true. Flynn or Tolzien could have QB'ed in that series.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers