Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    HC Mike McCarthy at the podium:
    Very proud of our football team... season-long growth as a team. #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Congratulations to the Seattle Seahawks. #Packers #GBvsSEA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Seattle made the big plays when they needed to. #Packers #GBvsSEA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m4 minutes ago
    MM: Our defense gave us many opportunities with the turnovers.
    #Packers #GBvsSEA
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m2 minutes ago
    A.J. Hawk: "It's a terrible feeling, especially with a game like this."

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m1 minute ago
    Hawk on McCarthy's message: "I think he's in a state of shock as well as we are."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    AROD had some very short comments and was very irritated when trying to answer a question in regards to his 4th qtr offense.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    AROD had some very short comments and was very irritated when trying to answer a question in regards to his 4th qtr offense.
    AR was 19-34 for 178 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, and a QB rating of 55.8. He needs to start with himself is he is unhappy with the result.

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff 43m43 minutes ago
    Joe Montana threw 3 INTs in "the catch" game in 1981

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 17m17 minutes ago
    Seahawks, man. Seahawks. RT @Neil_Paine: Incredible.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 16m16 minutes ago
    Aaron Rodgers: "This was a great opportunity. We were right on the cusp."

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 15m15 minutes ago
    Rodgers: "This one's going to hurt for a while. We gave it away."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 14m14 minutes ago
    Rodgers at the podium: We had a chance to do things and we didn’t do it. #Packers #GBvsSEA

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 12m12 minutes ago
    T.J. Lang: "The way the first 55 minutes went, you feel really good about where you're at."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 11s11 seconds ago
    Asked Rodgers about not going at clearly injured Richard Sherman. Going to transcribe now. Also clearly unhappy with unaggressive approach.

Mike Vandermause is Tweeting again after leaving Packers coverage. And saying the most obvious things. I might have to throw him in the Lake.

Doesn't matter. It came down Bostick and Slocum and they failed.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7m7 minutes ago
    Rodgers: "We were the better team today and we played well enough to win and we can’t blame anybody but ourselves."

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 8m8 minutes ago
    Packers QB Aaron Rodgers wouldn't elaborate, but in post-game presser via WLUK not happy with un-aggressive offensive approach in 4th Q.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 12m12 minutes ago
    Micah Hyde: We let it go. That’s all I can say right now. You can’t put it into words. We let it go

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 13m13 minutes ago
    Mike McCarthy: I'm not questioning my play calling http://wp.me/p14QSB-9GK5

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 18m18 minutes ago
    Stand-up dude RT @RoFloESPN Respect to Brandon Bostick for talking to reporters after game. I know a few players and coaches who wouldn't

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 19m19 minutes ago
    Bostick: "It wasn't my job at all. I was supposed to block. I just reacted to the ball and thought I could get it. Obviously, I couldn't."

OUCH!

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 19m19 minutes ago
    Tramon Williams: We squandered away every opportunity there was to put that game away and there is no excuse for it.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
    Rodgers on idea of going after Sherman playing with one arm: "I think we could've. We just didn't execute very well."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3m3 minutes ago
    Rodgers on calf: "The fourth quarter, I just kind of let it go. I needed to push it and run a little bit and just kind of let it go."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m5 minutes ago
    Rodgers on #Packers three-and-out possessions with 6:53 and 5:04 left: "Not very good. When you do that, that's how you lose games."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 6m6 minutes ago
    Rodgers: "When you go back and think about it, at times we weren’t playing as aggressive as we usually are."

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 13m13 minutes ago
    Mike McCarthy: I'm not questioning my play calling http://wp.me/p14QSB-9GK5
    Nope...nothing to see here. We got 5 turnovers and dominated the game between the 20s...but the loss must have been a result of aliens or something.

McCarthy may not question it...but Rodgers sure as hell will. McCarthy will get a serious "WTF?" from Rodgers this week. The coach better listen to every word of it too.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 6m6 minutes ago
    Rodgers: "When you go back and think about it, at times we weren’t playing as aggressive as we usually are."
    game on

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    game on
    That's an interesting quote, isn't it? I think there were more players than Rodgers who felt that way. I certainly felt that way at the time.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

In home game, Rodgers can audible to more aggressive plays.

As Seinfeld would say, "Newman!" - Buffalo!

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 19m19 minutes ago
    Bostick: "It wasn't my job at all. I was supposed to block. I just reacted to the ball and thought I could get it. Obviously, I couldn't."

Vince nailed that one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Vince nailed that one.

YUPPPPPP
    KUDOS

AND THX FOR CLARIFYING VINCE

HOWEVER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>..

I coach a travelling girls 5th grade basketball team. We are not overly talented. I keep telling the we need to play great D and we have to be smarter and more prepared then our competition.
    It's MY job to make sure they are mentally prepared and do what they are supposed to do.

Bostick made a mental mistake

His coach has to take some ownership in the failure
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'm guessing Rodgers and MM not sitting next to each other on the plane ride home.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...b-b968643c4f84

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    game on
    Rodgers has as much control over plays as McCarthy. If the offense was too conservative with the lead, that's Rodgers going risk-averse so as to avoid risk of an immediate game-changing turnover, which he knows is the quickest and most likely way to lose this game and every other one as well.
    The most effective way to win football games when you have the lead is to minimize the risk of costly mistakes and get the clock to zero as fast as possible.
    The most effective way to win football games when you're behind is to take chances and hope you don't make costly mistakes even though you're increasing your risk of doing so, and try to make the game as long as possible so you have as much opportunity as possible to come back.

In either case you have to execute. You can execute less effectively and still maximize your opportunity to win if you make the game short when you're winning and long when you're behind though.

Today it didn't work because guys didn't make the plays they needed to at just the time they most needed them - not because coaching lost them the game.
    Last edited by vince; 01-18-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm guessing Rodgers and MM not sitting next to each other on the plane ride home.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...b-b968643c4f84

CAN YOU ELABORATE ON YOU NOTING THE OFFENSE WAS NOT AS AGGRESSIVE AS YOU ARE USED TO

:NO I CAN NOT:

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Rodgers has as much control over plays as McCarthy.
    Um...no. One is the head coach, and he calls the plays. Yes, Rodgers is allowed to audible typically...however, I'm sure he was emphatically told not to check out of a running play. He potentially could have changed the direction of a play I suppose...but with 10 men in the box, I don't think it really mattered.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!