Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Seahawks NFC Championship ***k Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    CAN YOU ELABORATE ON YOU NOTING THE OFFENSE WAS NOT AS AGGRESSIVE AS YOU ARE USED TO

:NO I CAN NOT:
    Does problem rhyme with "bat bike"?

OK, let's count the one play that could have turned the game un-losable.

1. Kuhn scores on goalline
    2. Lacy scores on goalline
    3. Cobb catches low slant but still gets first down
    4. Quarless catches the 3rd down pass
    5. Blown coverage on Lynch's wheel route that put them on the 9 yard line.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    YUPPPPPP
    KUDOS

AND THX FOR CLARIFYING VINCE

HOWEVER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>..

I coach a travelling girls 5th grade basketball team. We are not overly talented. I keep telling the we need to play great D and we have to be smarter and more prepared then our competition.
    It's MY job to make sure they are mentally prepared and do what they are supposed to do.

Bostick made a mental mistake

His coach has to take some ownership in the failure
    I'm guessing getting those girls to do what you coach them to do doesn't always work. It works a lot better at the NFL level but there isn't a coach in history whose ever gotten their players to always do what they've coached them to do. People are people. Guys (and girls) make mistakes and/or fail to execute no matter how perfect the coaching is. Obviously not all coaches are created equal, but blaming the coach when teams lose is usually misguided. Not always - but usually.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm still stunned that they didn't go after Sherman. One of those flat runs like they gave DuJuan Harris in 2012, with the WRS blocking away would have been nice. A pass at him would have been nice. Gawd this is a terrible loss to have to think over. Worse than 4th and 26.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Did the known problems of the team cause the defeat?

1. Red Zone issues - check
    2. Special Teams screwups - check (despite a good day of coverage and tackling)
    3. Receivers can't shake man coverage quickly - check
    4. Late D meltdown - check
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'm guessing getting those girls to do what you coach them to do doesn't always work. It works a lot better at the NFL level but there isn't a coach in history whose ever gotten their players to always do what they've coached them to do. People are people. Guys (and girls) make mistakes and/or fail to execute no matter how perfect the coaching is. Obviously not all coaches are created equal, but blaming the coach when teams lose is usually misguided. Not always - but usually.
    Yeah, for Bostick it was both a physical and mental error - he didn't do what the coaches told him to do. I do feel sorry for him - he has to live with it every day for the rest of his life.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Point #1 was the biggest factor. The Packers should have at least been up by 24 at halftime. Bostick channeling his inner Ed West on the onside kick and not attacking a 1-armed Sherman and the D just collapsing at the end are the next culprits.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Just read over on JS Online on the game winning TD, our defense was loaded up for the run and Wilson audibled to the deep pass when he saw there would be no safeties over the top. We ran the ball whether we saw 8 or 9 players in the box in the 4th qtr.

Watching the Pat's-Colt's game. Why on earth are the Patriots trying to score more points when they were up 24-7? They should just run the clock out.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Point #1 was the biggest factor. The Packers should have at least been up by 24 at halftime. Bostick channeling his inner Ed West on the onside kick and not attacking a 1-armed Sherman and the D just collapsing at the end are the next culprits.
    Except for the SB year, hasn't the D collapsed in every playoff loss since then?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy: "I have no regrets. I don’t regret anything. Hell, I expected to win the game, we were in position to win the game."

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Except for the SB year, hasn't the D collapsed in every playoff loss since then?
    2009, yes.
    2010, no
    2011, wash (the offense was also putrid)
    2012, absolutely
    2013, gave up the FG drive.
    2014, yep

No. You can't call the last two a collapse (same goes for last three playoff games). Offense wasn't helping at all. Some poor play, yes. But they kept the team in the 49ers game, the Cowboys game and the Seachickens game.

Packers offense has been in a funk at the end of 3 seasons of the last four.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    2009, yes.
    2010, no
    2011, wash (the offense was also putrid)
    2012, absolutely
    2013, gave up the FG drive.
    2014, yep
    The only reason the Packers are in the 49er, Boys and Seachicken game is the defense.

Blog Entries

It undoubtedly does NOT always work. And when it does not I share in the blame. Today we went 2-1. The two teams we barely beat IMO were better than the team we lost to. I take part of the blame there

When patterns formulate...with the same coach..over and over....it's not hard to find justifiable blame
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

DING-DING-DING...winner!!

This is why the notion that this only a self-destruct by the players is complete bullshit. The coaching staff has failed to find ways to fix some of these things FOR YEARS. Ultimately, that is on McCarthy. He has to make MAJOR changes this offseason or he should face serious criticism.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    Just read over on JS Online on the game winning TD, our defense was loaded up for the run and Wilson audibled to the deep pass when he saw there would be no safeties over the top. We ran the ball whether we saw 8 or 9 players in the box in the 4th qtr.

Watching the Pat's-Colt's game. Why on earth are the Patriots trying to score more points when they were up 24-7? They should just run the clock out.

Pats IMO have the best coach in the NFL and probably the best OC as well.

They trust Brady. They don't stop trying to score.

It's 38-7. We'lll probably still see some passing
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Have solved depression. Someone is practicing a musical instrument and the music, slightly off-key and tempo, is soothing the savage beast.

Pats IMO have the best coach in the NFL and probably the best OC as well.

They trust Brady. They don't stop trying to score.

It's 38-7. We'lll probably still see some passing
    Brady is healthy.

The only reason the Packers are in the 49er, Boys and Seachicken game is the defense.
    This was a team loss. All phases played some great football, and they all collapsed.

C'mon Vince.

How many times do you need to see Slocum's units screw up before you fault him for it? 438? 671? We've got to be getting close by now, aren't we??
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!