Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Seahawks NFC Championship ***k Up

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    DING-DING-DING...winner!!

This is why the notion that this only a self-destruct by the players is complete bullshit. The coaching staff has failed to find ways to fix some of these things FOR YEARS. Ultimately, that is on McCarthy. He has to make MAJOR changes this offseason or he should face serious criticism.
    This is probably too extreme. Packers had a lot of things solved for 55 minutes.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This was a team loss. All phases played some great football, and they all collapsed.
    The Packers has some great runs. Passing game was modest. Defense held this game in hand. One more assist from offense and its out of reach.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This was a team loss. All phases played some great football, and they all collapsed.
    Yep...numerous chokes. However, the most glaring were from the special teams. That is why Slocum's head has to roll. His players have produced subpar play for far too long.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Brady is healthy.

True...but Hogwash......MM has shown over the years he'll turn conservative over the years. I'm not saying he's right or wrong. He plays the odds. And they almost always win when he does. Just not today.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The only reason the Packers are in the 49er, Boys and Seachicken game is the defense.
    Yes, that is true. However to give up 200 yards in a little over a minute? That's a collapse.

Same thing with the 49ers game. They had the 49ers dead to rights twice, and failed to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    True...but Hogwash......MM has shown over the years he'll turn conservative over the years. I'm not saying he's right or wrong. He plays the odds. And they almost always win when he does. Just not today.
    He was aggressive this year with a healthy QB. He has gone four minute offense too early before, but this year he was on a roll.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    C'mon Vince.

How many times do you need to see Slocum's units screw up before you fault him for it? 438? 671? We've got to be getting close by now, aren't we??
    They didn't screw up kicking 5 FGs, forcing a fumble, pinning Seattle deep over and over.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This is probably too extreme. Packers had a lot of things solved for 55 minutes.
    So you disagree that what failed today is an extension of the same mistakes we've seen continuously over the last year or more? I thought McCarthy was going to get some of that shit fixed? He apparently didn't...and it failed him when he decided to conservatively milk the clock and hope his defense and special teams could be counted on.

They didn't screw up kicking 5 FGs, forcing a fumble, pinning Seattle deep over and over.
    Special teams lost the game. They gave up a TD on a fake FG that they should've been expecting was very possible that gave Seattle life...and couldn't grab an on-side kick to win the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It undoubtedly does NOT always work. And when it does not I share in the blame. Today we went 2-1. The two teams we barely beat IMO were better than the team we lost to. I take part of the blame there

When patterns formulate...with the same coach..over and over....it's not hard to find justifiable blame
    You can blame yourself until you're blue in the face for every mistake but that doesn't make you right about where the blame lies. There isn't a coach in human history that could coach up a team of 5th grade girls to perform perfectly.

I agree that a change is overdue with the Special Teams coach, even though I'm completely in the dark about how much blame actually lies with Slocum. Shit ain't right? Blame the coach. That's pretty easy. Shit ain't right a lot? Probably more likely my stab-in-the-dark guess about the real effectiveness of the coach is more accurate.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    HC Mike McCarthy at the podium:
    Very proud of our football team... season-long growth as a team. #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Congratulations to the Seattle Seahawks. #Packers #GBvsSEA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Seattle made the big plays when they needed to. #Packers #GBvsSEA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m4 minutes ago
    MM: Our defense gave us many opportunities with the turnovers.
    #Packers #GBvsSEA
    Then he got:

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    You can blame yourself until you're blue in the face for every mistake but that doesn't make you right about where the blame lies. There isn't a coach in human history that could coach up a team of 5th grade girls to perform perfectly.
    Gene Hackman or Walther Matthau

vince is starting to win me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Vince nailed that one.
    Yes he did.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

From a pbmax post #10

" ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 13m13 minutes ago
    Mike McCarthy: I'm not questioning my play calling http://wp.me/p14QSB-9GK5 "

Was Mike McCarthy in some shock after the game? He seemed to be in shock during it.

How can that man make such a stupid response after he clearly called a pathetic game offensively. Mike McCarthy called it like a coach would if he expected to lose. I'll take what this situation obviously gives me.

Those two FG calls early sucked out loud ! Forget the muffed call on the Richard Sherman pick. He left 8 more points on the board by not having any guts.

The call to throw over Richard Sherman in the end zone to Devante Adams wasn't a high percentage play as he should have been well aware of how Aaron Rodgers arm was. Aaron didn't look sound in this game. He looked frankly spaced out. His passing was terrible.

Clearly Mike McCarthy is to be held mainly responsible for this loss. He's the Head Coach.

Mike McCarthy took his foot off the gas pedal over and over and over and again ! He was far too passive in his play calls. He called that game ...scared !

Wait .....is this a flashback ! Ohh right ....we've been right here before.

Posters here are always so quick to jump all over the ST coach. Why is Slocum the ST coach if he doesn't have the approval of Mike McCarthy!? If you want Slocum released that's on Mike McCarthy.

It's the same Ole same Ole again. Mike McCarthy gets upstaged in a challenging matchup. If you want to see another Green Bay Packer win you cannot support Mike McCarthy as the Packers HC and seriously believe in Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay Packers and another Super Bowl.

It comes down to reality and this question:

How high are your expectations?

It's simply put and either or situation. THE TRUTH IS:

We're stuck with Mike McCarthy and his happy little family of Packer coaches.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-18-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Woodbuck, you cannot question the playcalling publicly after a loss. That just undermines confidence further. You do this with your season end post-mortem in house. Not in public. If you make changes, you talk about them in the Spring.

SOP.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 48m48 minutes ago
    CM3 said "medley of things" caught up w/ him late. Worked w/ trainers to get back "I have enough time to rest now so dont feel sorry for me"

OK, let's count the one play that could have turned the game un-losable.

1. Kuhn scores on goalline
    2. Lacy scores on goalline
    3. Cobb catches low slant but still gets first down
    4. Quarless catches the 3rd down pass
    5. Blown coverage on Lynch's wheel route that put them on the 9 yard line.
    Rodgers hits Nelson on the out route in the end zone.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Rodgers hits Nelson on the out route in the end zone.

6. Rodgers hits Nelson on the out route in the end zone

#6 hurt. He was open but stumbled a bit. That split second might have put the ball right on his outstretched hand.

Blog Entries

6. Rodgers hits Nelson on the out route in the end zone

#6 hurt. He was open but stumbled a bit. That split second might have put the ball right on his outstretched hand.

WASN'T THERE A INTERCEPTION MISS BY HAHA AS WELL ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?