Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Seahawks NFC Championship ***k Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    WASN'T THERE A INTERCEPTION MISS BY HAHA AS WELL ??
    Yes but it was followed by an INT from Burnett, wasn't it?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 8h8 hours ago
    FWIW, Lombardi said big mistake in '60 champ game was going for TD 4th & 1 1st half. His rule of thumb: kick 1st half, go for it 2nd half

Argument ended! #AppealToAuthority
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brian Burke ‏@Adv_NFL_Stats 31m31 minutes ago
    GB-SEA game demonstrates the importance of not settling for FGs, 4th down TDs, onside decisions, and 2-pt tries. Ted Thompson, call me.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 8h8 hours ago
    FWIW, Lombardi said big mistake in '60 champ game was going for TD 4th & 1 1st half. His rule of thumb: kick 1st half, go for it 2nd half

Argument ended! #AppealToAuthority
    Shermy tried that early 4th and 1 and failed, and then bailed on the late 4th and one. Pure anecdotal confirmation. n=1
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CD Angeli ‏@TundraVision 16m16 minutes ago
    By the way, plenty of NFL players duck the media after a rough loss, including Packers. @Bostick11 stood up and faced it. Stand up guy.

Blog Entries
    CD Angeli ‏@TundraVision 16m16 minutes ago
    By the way, plenty of NFL players duck the media after a rough loss, including Packers. @Bostick11 stood up and faced it. Stand up guy.

OK.....let him back on the plane and then cut him !

Slocum....trick that guy into jumping onto a plane for the North Pole !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Woodbuck, you cannot question the playcalling publicly after a loss. That just undermines confidence further. You do this with your season end post-mortem in house. Not in public. If you make changes, you talk about them in the Spring.

SOP.
    He might have responded more honestly.

ie There is a lot I might take exception with myself after taking the time to really examine it all. Thanks.

His terse response certainly is inappropriate.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Brian Burke ‏@Adv_NFL_Stats 31m31 minutes ago
    GB-SEA game demonstrates the importance of not settling for FGs, 4th down TDs, onside decisions, and 2-pt tries. Ted Thompson, call me.
    Brian's site went down and he was looking for "surge demand" solutions... at only 1 million hits for the *night*. He's probably looking for funding so he can move his heavy CMS-based solution to Heroku or some other demand-scaling platform.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Brian's site went down and he was looking for "surge demand" solutions... at only 1 million hits for the *night*. He's probably looking for funding so he can move his heavy CMS-based solution to Heroku or some other demand-scaling platform.
    Host Gator ain't working for him.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1m1 minute ago
    Let's try the Worst Playoff Losses In #Packers History List again:
    5. 2007 NFCCG
    4. SBXXXII
    3. "The Catch II" by T.O.
    2. 4th-and-26
    1. Today

groan

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    You can blame yourself until you're blue in the face for every mistake but that doesn't make you right about where the blame lies. There isn't a coach in human history that could coach up a team of 5th grade girls to perform perfectly.

I agree that a change is overdue with the Special Teams coach, even though I'm completely in the dark about how much blame actually lies with Slocum. Shit ain't right? Blame the coach. That's pretty easy. Shit ain't right a lot? Probably more likely my stab-in-the-dark guess about the real effectiveness of the coach is more accurate.
    It's the players, not the plays. I agree, Vince.

5. 2007 NFCCG
    4. SBXXXII
    2. 4th-and-26
    1. Today

groan
    A full and absolute 3 minute collapse. It doesn't get any worse than that.

5. 2007 NFCCG
    4. SBXXXII
    2. 4th-and-26
    1. Today

groan
    Don't forget 51-45 in 2009. Packers have a knack for these gut-wrenching playoff losses.

Host Gator ain't working for him.
    So much for unlimited bandwidth, as promised by their Business Plan.

He's outgrowing the Mom-Pop-and-Uncle-Rico Solutions. A million hits for a night is nothing to sneeze at but it's still relatively small potatoes by current web-scale standards.

I haven't been paying real close attention, but didn't he start offering a "realtime" analysis bit? Like team WPA based on the PBP feed from NFL.com?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Doesn't matter. It came down Bostick and Slocum and they failed.
    Bostick didn't make the play but I don't blame him for the loss. The play that won this game for Seattle was the TD on the fake FG. You cannot allow that to happen in that situation. A fake is the one and only thing you are looking for on that play. That play turned everything around and gave the Seahawks hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Packgator View Post
    Bostick didn't make the play but I don't blame him for the loss. The play that won this game for Seattle was the TD on the fake FG. You cannot allow that to happen in that situation. A fake is the one and only thing you are looking for on that play. That play turned everything around and gave the Seahawks hope.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...touchdown-pass

Photos: Seattle punter Jon Ryan's touchdown pass that turned the game

January, 18, 2015 6:02 PM ET

By: Dan Jung | ESPN.com

" Seattle Seahawks punter Jon Ryan's touchdown pass was the first by a punter in NFL postseason history. His third-quarter throw to tackle Garry Gilliam on a fake field goal put Seattle on the board. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Don't forget 51-45 in 2009. Packers have a knack for these gut-wrenching playoff losses.
    Don't remind me. TWO non calls of offensive PI on Fitzgerald vs Woodson that were both called defensive PI. And Finley was unstoppable. And the non-call facemask.

That was a game where the refs lost it for us. That one stuck with me for a while.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Fake FGs are desperation. The play that changed the tide was the last INT, because the Packers turned off the boilers and the Seahawks kept playing.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Don't remind me. TWO non calls of offensive PI on Fitzgerald vs Woodson that were both called defensive PI. And Finley was unstoppable. And the non-call facemask.

That was a game where the refs lost it for us. That one stuck with me for a while.
    There was a critical missed offensive PI in this game too. Twill would have had another INT had he not been held.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    There was a critical missed offensive PI in this game too. Twill would have had another INT had he not been held.
    Yeah, I was talking about that one with my brother. I didn't see it live, but the replay was incredibly obvious. The only way the ref missed that is if it was completely shielded by the wide receiver.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.