Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1m1 minute ago
    Let's try the Worst Playoff Losses In #Packers History List again:
    5. 2007 NFCCG
    4. SBXXXII
    3. "The Catch II" by T.O.
    2. 4th-and-26
    1. Today

groan
    So how many of these has MM been involved with? That has to be strikes against him. So don't fire the guy if you think he is getting the job done, but goddamn it, don't give him a raise or an lucrative extension. He is starting to remind me of Farve, just a big tease...

As bad as it was that the Green Bay Packers got burned by the Seattle Seahawks' fake field goal in the third quarter of Sunday's NFC Championship Game overtime loss, what's worse is that they never even saw it coming.

Safety Sean Richardson, who allowed backup offensive lineman Garry Gilliam to get behind him and catch a 19-yard touchdown pass from holder/punter Jon Ryan, said he never heard anyone on the field or from the Packers' sideline give the call to be aware of a possible fake.

"We have an alert if we think that they're going to fake it," Richardson said after the game. "We have calls for that."

To Richardson's knowledge, there was no alert call made.

"We were expecting a kick," said Richardson, who led the Packers in special-teams snaps played (321) during the regular season.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ld-goal-coming

The onsides kick has to be Bostick's career in a nutshell, right? All offseason he was supposed to be the one to come in and grab the TE job by the horns and didn't. We've heard week after week how he isn't assignment sure enough to see offensive snaps. Then he blows off his responsibility to try to grab the ball himself.
    Go PACK

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    So how many of these has MM been involved with? That has to be strikes against him. So don't fire the guy if you think he is getting the job done, but goddamn it, don't give him a raise or an lucrative extension. He is starting to remind me of Farve, just a big tease...
    well, if you make the playoffs every year and don't win all the Superbowls, you are going to be involved in some unpleasant season-ending playoff losses. I can't say I ever experienced an enjoyable playoff loss.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Tell that to CLE, DET, JAX and 18 other teams. If you don't get in you can't lose in the playoffs.

There was an interesting stat during the NE game last night. Belicheat has won 20 playoff games in his coaching career. That is more than 21 other teams have played in their entire team history.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The part that kills me is the utterly fantastic defensive performance for 55 minutes. I have never been as proud, nit even in 2009 or 2010. Low scoring was probably to be expected. But The Packers were knocking the stuffing out of them.

Tapped the brakes too early.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The part that kills me is the utterly fantastic defensive performance for 55 minutes. I have never been as proud, nit even in 2009 or 2010. Low scoring was probably to be expected. But The Packers were knocking the stuffing out of them.

It's not just that, it's the stunning and complete reversal, from complete defensive domination to utter inability to stop anything. And Wilson going from throwing picks everywhere to dropping consecutive 35 yard booms, in the wind and rain, right into the bucket.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Yup, and when I heard him say this has to be one of the best NFC Championship games ever, I wanted to tell him 'not from this side'.

+1

We allowed Seattle to make the greatest ever halftime comeback in a conference championship. No team had ever recovered from a 16 point deficit at halftime. I would say it was more than just tapping the brakes.

Needed more Starks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From MMQB -

Reserve linebacker Brad Jones was recklessly aggressive coming off the edge on film. He consistently darted hard to the inside in an effort to get the block, and often went to unnecessary lengths to do so. Against Dallas in their divisional game, he lined up on the left side three times and on the right once, and on one attempt he tried to leap over a blocker only to get stonewalled.

So with five minutes left in the third quarter and Seattle still trailing 16-0, Carroll gave Ryan the go-ahead to execute a fake specifically designed for this game. Ryan had two options:
    1. Take the snap and roll out to Jones’ side with either Garry Gilliam (left side) or Luke Willson (right) as a receiving option. If the linebacker covers the receiver, Ryan should run. If not, throw it.

2. If Jones isn’t on the field, take a delay of game penalty and then kick the field goal.
    Of course they scheme against Jones.

Needed more Starks.
    This. Really sad not to see him used a bit more...even a little bit more...a teensy bit more.
    C.H.U.D.

Brutal. Huge return possible.
    C.H.U.D.

FUCK!

We had 'em. Damnit!

I would like to know why Clay was out when Richard Sherman is out there, clearly hurt, and the safety was ballin' with a separated shoulder. He came back - so it wasn't too bad of an injury.

It's the lack of killer instinct that gets me. 55 minute of utter domination and then they quit. The defense had this game won. The offense, again, the offense failed to live up to their billing.

I hope the taste of defeat is bitter and stays in their mouths for the next year.

Eddie Lacy is soft. He needs to watch this game over and over again and see how Lynch shouldered his team and willed them to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I agree. Looks to me like HHCD was in a good position to seal any would-be tacklers to the inside, and he would have had Peppers running interference to the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    It appears that the left side of the field was wide open for a solid return and he had good blocking out front.

Morgan Burnett did what he felt was best...just slide to the ground doing his best Aaron Rodgers (100% healthy) impression.

it was certainly a surprize ... different.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Peppers wasn't going to block, he was waving him down. By the time he saw Burnett not slowing down, he would have gone by.

Peppers wasn't going to block, he was waving him down. By the time he saw Burnett not slowing down, he would have gone by.
    I meant if Peppers hadn't waved him down but had immediately headed downfield to block.