Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Seahawks NFC Championship ***k Up

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I meant if Peppers hadn't waved him down but had immediately headed downfield to block.
    Warren fucking Sapp would have been looking to kill someone. Fuck Peppers and cut his ass as well.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Warren fucking Sapp would have been looking to kill someone. Fuck Peppers and cut his ass as well.
    It doesn't appear Peppers made himself available to the press. I'm guessing he knew what the questions would be. Too bad. He raised his game in the playoffs. I hope he's back if they can work out the money situation.

Julius will be back. He has made more money than he knows what to do with. He wants a super bowl. Expect him back at a team friendly two year deal. Same with Tramon Williams. While he hasn't made Peppers money, TWill made himself plenty of money. He'll be back too.

TWill looks pretty good to me. He isn't elite anymore but he is still a good starter and a solid leader. I have no problems with him hanging around for a few more years. He's only, what, 32 anyway?

(I could be wrong - but I perceive the guys that leave around 31+ have typically never been paid or aren't wanted back.)

Brad Jones was the key on Seattle's Fake Field Goal

"Jones showed up on the left side, which meant undrafted rookie tackle Garry Gilliam would get the throw if necessary. Gilliam, a converted tight end out of Penn State, hadn’t caught a touchdown since high school. "I broke the huddle like, Please be on my side, please be on my side," Gilliam says. "And then [Jones] was."

Quote Originally Posted by Sactopackfan View Post
    Brad Jones was the key on Seattle's Fake Field Goal

"Jones showed up on the left side, which meant undrafted rookie tackle Garry Gilliam would get the throw if necessary. Gilliam, a converted tight end out of Penn State, hadn’t caught a touchdown since high school. "I broke the huddle like, Please be on my side, please be on my side," Gilliam says. "And then [Jones] was."
    Brad Jones is the shitty gift that keeps on giving. You seriously have to question the ability of any team GM that thinks Jones should be on the roster. The Packers deserved to lose, just for having a worthless asshole like Jones on the team.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Brutal. Huge return possible.
    Right. Looks like he had Peppers AND HaHa as blockers.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 19m19 minutes ago
    Bostick: "It wasn't my job at all. I was supposed to block. I just reacted to the ball and thought I could get it. Obviously, I couldn't."

OUCH!
    They are who we thought they were.....and I let them off the hook:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

If Bostick just takes out Matthews, Nelson doesn't have anyone within 2 yards of him and has a clean try at the ball.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    If Bostick just takes out Matthews, Nelson doesn't have anyone within 2 yards of him and has a clean try at the ball.
    Yep. I don't know why we can't blame Bostick as several have suggested we can't or shouldn't. He leads a list of people who were one play away from salting the game.

He isn't getting a plus grade on that play.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Yep. I don't know why we can't blame Bostick as several have suggested we can't or shouldn't. He leads a list of people who were one play away from salting the game.

He isn't getting a plus grade on that play.
    I feel bad as hell for the guy. Unfortunately nothing can change what happened and ignoring or deflecting don't make it go away either.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Actually, showing that video clip makes it even worse for me. Now my nightmares will be even more vivid.

Bostick has 1 year left on his contract. Before this game, he had been a huge disappointment and was probably going to be released anyway. Now if he is released, it will appear he's being released because of his blunder at Seattle. The fact that he didn't shy away from the press shows he has some character. I just don't know if he has the mental discipline to play in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Bostick has 1 year left on his contract. Before this game, he had been a huge disappointment and was probably going to be released anyway. Now if he is released, it will appear he's being released because of his blunder at Seattle. The fact that he didn't shy away from the press shows he has some character. I just don't know if he has the mental discipline to play in the NFL.
    He is going to need a heck of an offseason program. Its clear his position coach didn't trust him in the offense. That ST play might be one reason why.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Twitter has roughly decided that McCarthy and Rodgers share the blame for the loss.

Odd that very few are blaming the defense. wist needs to get on Twitter.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Twitter has roughly decided that McCarthy and Rodgers share the blame for the loss.

Odd that very few are blaming the defense. wist needs to get on Twitter.
    Why Rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Why Rodgers?
    Roughly this from Bob, which is making the rounds:

"Great players need to make great plays in conference title games, and Rodgers really didn't make any." @BobMcGinn

People in glass, bird-killing stadiums shouldn't throw the first stone.

Last edited by pbmax; 01-20-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Actually, showing that video clip makes it even worse for me. Now my nightmares will be even more vivid.
    Yup, I just threw up a little in my mouth after rewatching that.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I thought I was back to normal. But then I saw a RTweet of an inspirational message from @JonGordon11 that was a mangled quote from Frost remixed into a Successories poster.

Spent five minutes composing vitriol before I realized I probably wasn't that mad at him.

Roughly this from Bob, which is making the rounds:

"Great players need to make great plays in conference title games, and Rodgers really didn't make any." @BobMcGinn
    Bob is wrong. The throws and his 12 yard run on the final drive were huge. Getting the tieing FG was no small thing with how quickly the game collapsed around him. It's too bad he didn't even get a chance in OT.