Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Seahawks NFC Championship ***k Up

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yup, I just threw up a little in my mouth after rewatching that.
    I know that there were many plays that were there for the taking but I've come down to special teams being what we thought it was -- one step away from costing the team a game. they had 2 huge game-changing plays that just killed the team. They did force a fumble early but then they gave the game back late.

If they don't shake things up on the ST staff, I don't know if I can even watch this team any more (alright, so that's probably not true... I'd come crawling back next September).
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Bob is wrong. The throws and his 12 yard run on the final drive were huge. Getting the tieing FG was no small thing with how quickly the game collapsed around him. It's too bad he didn't even get a chance in OT.
    Yeah, pretty lame from Bob. Rodgers did not really get a chance to shine after the Seahawks started coming back. His only chance came on the tying field goal drive which I thought was damn fine..

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I know that there were many plays that were there for the taking but I've come down to special teams being what we thought it was -- one step away from costing the team a game. they had 2 huge game-changing plays that just killed the team. They did force a fumble early but then they gave the game back late.

If they don't shake things up on the ST staff, I don't know if I can even watch this team any more (alright, so that's probably not true... I'd come crawling back next September).
    It's interesting that the guy MM fired in last year's ST shake-up is now the ST Assistant for Seattle. I wonder how much he knew about what Slocum did with certain people (Jones) in certain situations, and how to exploit it.

Bob is wrong. The throws and his 12 yard run on the final drive were huge. Getting the tieing FG was no small thing with how quickly the game collapsed around him. It's too bad he didn't even get a chance in OT.
    Patler:

Aaron Rodgers wasn't at all himself for by far, most of this game. He didn't look like Aaron Rodgers. His QBR in the game will attest to that fact.

I agree he seemed different or had more fire late in the game; but for the most part he acted like he was out for a walk in the park.

What was wrong with Aaron Rodgers?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Patler:

Aaron Rodgers wasn't at all himself for by far, most of this game. He didn't look like Aaron Rodgers. His QBR in the game will attest to that fact.

I agree he seemed different or had more fire late in the game; but for the most part he acted like he was out for a walk in the park.

What was wrong with Aaron Rodgers?
    If he looked like he was out for a walk in the park, it's probably because he couldn't run. Seriously, the calf was a huge factor. It not only affected his throws, but it had impact on how Seattle played defense. They didn't have to worry about him taking off running.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If he looked like he was out for a walk in the park, it's probably because he couldn't run. Seriously, the calf was a huge factor. It not only affected his throws, but it had impact on how Seattle played defense. They didn't have to worry about him taking off running.
    This is something many forget about...you could see how he tried to compensate for it all game. When he took off and ran for the first down it was hard to watch....Lynn Dickey ran better than that. Well....maybe not.
    C.H.U.D.

Not quite sure what defines Banjo, but this is Jason Wilde's interview with Aaron.

http://cdn.stationcaster.com/station...1421789096.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    This is something many forget about...you could see how he tried to compensate for it all game. When he took off and ran for the first down it was hard to watch....Lynn Dickey ran better than that. Well....maybe not.
    Exactly. He never moved at more than a fast trot, and he never ran very far without having to hop and skip a couple times to control his balance. That's what happens when your strides are off, not synced with each other. He even did it when they were just trotting off the field. His movements were seldom crisp, sort of rolling starts, stops and changes in direction.

It's interesting that the guy MM fired in last year's ST shake-up is now the ST Assistant for Seattle. I wonder how much he knew about what Slocum did with certain people (Jones) in certain situations, and how to exploit it.
    Can we also blame Slocum for not knowing the onsides-kick rules???

RULES OF ONSIDE KICKS
    The NFL has a very specific set of rules governing onside kicks which make it hard for the kicking team to recover the ball. Every football player on the kicking team must be behind the kicker and may not move until the ball is kicked.

There may be no more than five players on each side of the ball.

The ball must travel at least ten yards OR be touched by the opposing team before the kicking team can recover it. If the ball is kicked out of play, the kicking team is penalized and must kick the ball again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    So Slocum is now supposed to ref, too?*

Everything revealed following this game has been all tilted against the Packers. It's just unreal.

*is one of those guys the kicker? (edit, no, I see him now)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Can we also blame Slocum for not knowing the onsides-kick rules???

RULES OF ONSIDE KICKS
    The NFL has a very specific set of rules governing onside kicks which make it hard for the kicking team to recover the ball. Every football player on the kicking team must be behind the kicker and may not move until the ball is kicked.

There may be no more than five players on each side of the ball.

The ball must travel at least ten yards OR be touched by the opposing team before the kicking team can recover it. If the ball is kicked out of play, the kicking team is penalized and must kick the ball again.

Honestly, I thought SEA onside attempt looked off but couldn't put a finger on it at the time.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    So Slocum is now supposed to ref, too?*

Everything revealed following this game has been all tilted against the Packers. It's just unreal.

*is one of those guys the kicker? (edit, no, I see him now)
    The kicker's head is right by the 40 yard line arrow.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

In addition to the Packer's Defense letting up 3 TDs in 11 plays and the Offense being conservative in 1st and end of 4th Q - we have the following:
    - Missed offsides on Sherman INT (3 points) - regardless if following possession was INT...
    - Dead ball missed call - regardless if they converted a very long 3rd down on the fake FG drive
    - Missed illegal onside kick... this one purely sucks. For the Packers, for Bostick, for the NFL that has the deflated ball Patriots against the illegal onsite Seahawks.

Salt meet open wound...

Are we sure of that onside rule? From the 2013 NFL rule book, couldn't find a 2014 book

FREE KICK FORMATION
    Article 3
    When the ball is kicked on a free kick down:
    (a) After the ball has been made ready for play, all kicking team (Team A) players other than the kicker must be lined up
    no more than five yards behind their restraining line; and
    (b) All kicking team players must be inbounds and behind the ball when it is kicked, except:
    (1) the holder of a placekick (3-23) may be beyond the line, and
    (2) the kicker may be beyond the line, provided that his kicking foot is not beyond the line.
    (c) At least four players of the kicking team must be on each side of the kicker. At least three players must be lined up
    outside each inbounds line, one of whom must be outside the yard-line number.
    Go PACK

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I couldn't find any evidence from the web that the onside kick was illegal. IMike, where did you get that?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think I found the site where he got that from, but the NFL book says otherwise, unless the rule was changed in 2014.

https://www.coachup.com/resources/fo...ick-in-the-nfl
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Are we sure of that onside rule? From the 2013 NFL rule book, couldn't find a 2014 book

FREE KICK FORMATION
    Article 3
    When the ball is kicked on a free kick down:
    (a) After the ball has been made ready for play, all kicking team (Team A) players other than the kicker must be lined up
    no more than five yards behind their restraining line; and
    (b) All kicking team players must be inbounds and behind the ball when it is kicked, except:
    (1) the holder of a placekick (3-23) may be beyond the line, and
    (2) the kicker may be beyond the line, provided that his kicking foot is not beyond the line.
    (c) At least four players of the kicking team must be on each side of the kicker. At least three players must be lined up
    outside each inbounds line, one of whom must be outside the yard-line number.
    You may be right.

If we trust Wiki...

Traditionally, the onside kick had its own formation, in which the other ten players of the kicking team would line up on one side (left or right) of the kicker, in an effort to get as many people as possible into one area of the field. This is still popular in high school football; however, the NCAA (and later the NFL) now require that at least four players line up on each side of the kicker. To combat this, some teams (including the Buffalo Bills, who pioneered this strategy[2]) developed a "cluster formation" in which all of the players line up behind and immediately next to the kicker in what is effectively a moving huddle. The NFL eventually banned this, too, with a 2009 rule change that states that "the kicking team cannot have more than five players bunched together"; the rule change has been considered a gratuitous targeting of Bills special teams coach Bobby April, as the ostensible reason for the ban (injury risk) had negligible evidence to support it.[2]

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    For Pete's sake. That's your response !!?

I'm well aware of his injury and not being 100%. That much was obvious if you tuned into anything NFL one day a week since that injury. I'm in contrast certainly well informed on things NFL and Green Bay Packers.

When I post that he didn't look right. I'm referring to his expressions...his demeanour in the game. The fire...where was that 'FIRE" or obvious desire that a Champion must have to be a winner.

This is the NFL MVP we're discussing. This is the NFL MVP and certain Packer MVP playing in the NFC Championship game and it was obvious to me he had something missing in him that didn't assist him in his performance.

He looked great Vs Dallas didn't he?

So where did that go in the Seattle game?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...288995771.html

Out of gas: Linebacker Clay Matthews was out of the game for part of the fourth quarter because of what he said were a couple of injury and fatigue issues.

Matthews could be seen on the sideline trying to loosen up with knee kicks during Seattle's drive to take the lead in the fourth quarter. He did return for the final drive in overtime.

"Mentally, emotionally, physically drained," Matthews said.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.