Thread: McGinn--" A GREAT SPECIAL TEAMS COACH"

Blog Entries

McGinn--" A GREAT SPECIAL TEAMS COACH"

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    hopefully nobody had a heart attack seeing those words in a Packer forum....of course...he's with NE...but may have wanted to come to GB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    hopefully nobody had a heart attack seeing those words in a Packer forum....of course...he's with NE...but may have wanted to come to GB
    May have wanted to come to GB? What makes you say that? The article makes it sound like he had absolutely no interest at all in coming to Green Bay, even though he was asked twice:

Holmgren got the same answer from O'Brien that his short-lived successor, Ray Rhodes, received in 1999 when he was putting together his coaching staff.

It was a flat "no." Nothing against the Packers, but O'Brien didn't want his Badger State family and friends to distract him from his single-minded, all-encompassing approach to coaching.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I didn't get that from reading the article at all.

All I got was he was from Wisconsin so McGinn jumps to the conclusion, some how, that he might have wanted to come to GB and how many more games we would have won.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Listen, he has to justify the travel expense somehow.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.