Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
House didn't have a chance. He only got even remotely close because Ryan slowed up to collect himself to throw. Had Ryan seen Hawk retreating, he would have kept his head down and run. No way does House catch him if he does that.

I just watched it a couple more times. On the other side, Hayward (I think) was lined up the same as House. Each took only about two steps up field and stopped. The difference was that Hayward kept his feet and shoulders square, House turned his shoulders inward. Hayward was able to turn and run back must faster than House reacted to Ryan right in front of him.
Either House screwed up, or Slocum designed the FG block thinking that teams would only ever roll out right on a fake.

The outside guy on the right (Bush) does a wide rush that would have contained the punter rolling out his way. Richardson (second in line) immediately backs off the LOS at the snap. Compare that to how the other side of the line plays it.
Outside guy on the left (House) makes a hard rush off the edge and then slows up. Jones (second in line) also makes a hard rush off the edge.

I still think House might have caught Ryan. Ryan slows up to gather himself at about the 25, he would have had to run all the way to the 9 to convert.

This link has GIF's from both sides of the field.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/18/sea...ensive-tackle/