Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
I heard that said, but something does not compute. Stubby's subsequent actions do not square with his expectations.
Actually, of everything he said about the team yesterday, this made sense to me. He goes into a 4 minute offense full expecting to be able to run (did it twice this year with big long drives) but willing to live with eating clock and TOs.

In retrospect, I am sure he wished Peppers doesn't do that.

What worries me more is that he notices the backside pursuit is killing his goal line run game earlier in the game. But he doesn't adjust when the Seahawks are sending 8 at the box late in the game. Now normally you play action, and Rodgers was unable to get under center and take that deep drop (or they were unwilling to take that risk) but what was the game plan for this?

Because while no one foresees Bostick's drop or Burnett taking a knee, M3 knew play action would be tough to run. You have to have a counter or something to wrong foot the attacking defense. Normally that is Rodgers on a boot or play action, but there has to be something else.