Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: THE INTERCEPTION BY BURNETT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    McCarthy's mistake was not realizing the Seattle offense was coming to life. And the Packer bend but don't break was playing into its hands.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    It was just another mistake the Packers made at the end of the game. hindsight is 20/20 and I think if the Packers offense actually tried to move the football downfield after the interception I don't think anyone would give a shit about Morgan Burnett taking a knee. It was dumb, to much time left, but nobody would see this as the turning point of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    It was just another mistake the Packers made at the end of the game. hindsight is 20/20 and I think if the Packers offense actually tried to move the football downfield after the interception I don't think anyone would give a shit about Morgan Burnett taking a knee. It was dumb, to much time left, but nobody would see this as the turning point of the game.
    After a night's sleep, I'm thinking the kneel down was huge, and not just symbolic. With open running lane, they took decisive FG off board. I blame Peppers.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    You can blame anyone you want to and sure he could have set up another scoring opportunity, but Rodgers and the offense could have done that on their own as well. Everyone sucked and made terrible mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    You can blame anyone you want to and sure he could have set up another scoring opportunity, but Rodgers and the offense could have done that on their own as well. Everyone sucked and made terrible mistakes.

That was a devastating loss. I am heartbroken. It's much like the damn 4th-and-26 loss, except this time it was for a trip to the SB, not to the next round.

But Nutz is right: everyone sucked. Enough blame to go around - the offense had the ball with four minutes left and couldn't get a first down, much less run out the clock. Then they could get downfield later, but couldn't score a winning TD. ST sucked hard, twice: the fake field goal, which every Packer fan was screaming to watch out for BEFORE the snap, and the Bostick Epic Fail. And the defense, of course, letting Seattle score two touchdowns in four minutes and another in OT after playing a great, great game for the 56 minutes before that. And let's not forget the coaching: MM's nut sack shriveling up in the last four minutes of that game.

Sheesh. You have a twelve point lead AND the ball with four minutes left, and you can't close the deal.

I can't even read about the SB or the Packers or anything else right now. I'm sick about this loss. I'm going to be off the board for a while.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ relax, I was just kicking around the self- contradictory nature of the phrase - not the sequence of the game. If you're accurate, you get first downs and win - most of the time
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I don't know if he would have scored but he could have gotten at least 15-20 yards.

There was nobody on the left side of the field.

The inside WR had run a drag route and the outside ran a go. Luke Wilson lined up left and ran a deep route. On top of that, Lynch had slipped out of the backfield into the left flat. At the very least Burnett would have had HHCD and Peppers in front of him to go against Wilson and whatever OL could get over there.

Like everything else, it spiraled out of control with a 3 and out and a Masthay shank. Killing myself today with a hundred different what-if's.

http://heavy.com/sports/2015/01/watc...on-vine-video/
    Go PACK

well at least burnett has also come out and said that if he had to do it all over again, he would slide again

what the fuck is wrong with this team? are they all really this fucking stupid, or do they pick it up from fat mike.

the only people who weren't happy with what happened yesterday or would do things different are rodgers and bostick. seems like all the rest think it was all just bad luck

THIS TEAM NEEDS AN ENIMA!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well at least burnett has also come out and said that if he had to do it all over again, he would slide again

what the fuck is wrong with this team? are they all really this fucking stupid, or do they pick it up from fat mike.

the only people who weren't happy with what happened yesterday or would do things different are rodgers and bostick. seems like all the rest think it was all just bad luck

THIS TEAM NEEDS AN ENIMA!!!!!!!
    Did he seriously say that? What sense does it make to NOT try and run it back? I agree with Red...this team needs an serious colonic.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Did he seriously say that? What sense does it make to NOT try and run it back? I agree with Red...this team needs an serious colonic.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-interception/

“There is nothing that I would change or nothing that I would take back,” Burnett said.

Burnett might have been trying to avoid throwing Peppers under the bus. When he was asked if he would have tried to return it had Peppers not motioned him to go down, he kind of avoided the question.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...2-7a68ff08f3e5

The shock of the crowds sudden grrroooaaann !

Forced Morgan Burnett down before he looked to see how open it was for him to gain a chunk.

When he responded to the media after that game he hadn't seen any recording of the play.

That was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in football. A definite moment !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    You just had the example of the Dallas DLineman who refumbled the ball back to us. MB picks it and sees Pep telling him to do the "no mas". Pep's the man around here now, so Burnett makes the smart play and turns the ball back to the O.

I agree a lot with Vince, except for the apparently singling out of Bostic for fault. There were plenty who failed to do their jobs, Bostic was just the most noticeable because of time and situation. It shouldn't have even come to that. Yes, if Bostic did his job maybe nothing else would have mattered, but there were also opportunities for others to make it so Bostic's error wasn't crucial. Many players have said Bostic was not wrong to go for the ball, they all have the freedom to do it even if their primary responsibility is to block. It was actually a nice bounce to him, he should have caught it. A simple physical error. Besides, even if Bostic "did his job" as some have said, there was no guarantee that Nelson would have fielded the ball cleanly either. It might even ave hit Bostic and bounced who knows where. There is much to be said for the first guy who is convinced he can field the ball cleanly actually attempting to do so.

On the fake field goal, was it really House' job to come off the edge half-heartedly, stop and just look at Ryan bellying away from him? Had he been more alert, he could have blown up the play early. Had he done his job, Bostic's failure likely wouldn't have mattered.

I've seen many DBs slide rather than risk fumbling, and not just late in the game. But I can't say that I remember seeing a single one do it with nothing but wide open spaces in front of him. I've seen plenty run 5, 10, 15, 20 or even more yards and still slide to avoid the risk of fumbling. Many of you have mentioned tactical advantages in football. Most have ignored one of the most obvious - field position. Burnett had a chance to achieve an outstanding tactical advantage. He didn't take it.

I didn't have an issue with run, run, run following the Burnett interception. We saw them close out other games running the ball. Does anything feel better than that? But, can't this vaunted O-line that claimed to have kicked Seattle's butt up and down the field for the whole game (Sitton's interview) do better than -4 and -2 on the first two runs? At that point, with 3rd and 16, you really can't risk an incompletion, so you have to run to keep the clock rolling or force Seattle to take a timeout.

Following that, while trying to kick out of bounds from his own 39. is 30 yards really what we should expect from Masthay? Burnett's failure to take the tactical advantage of improved field position on his interception return was compounded by the lines failure in the following series and Masthay's week punt to end it.

Lot's of blame to go around, not just for Bostic.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I didn't have an issue with run, run, run following the Burnett interception. We saw them close out other games running the ball.
    Got to respond to game conditions. Seattle was selling out to jam run and were succeeding.

Jones was responsible for the man across from him. If Jones does his job, Hawk has pursuit.

If they call off a kick block to be conservative, House has contain. I am not sure about his half-hearted effort, but had he gone stronger for the block (which was the call) he would have been more out of position.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What gets me about the fake FG TD was that it came down to if Brad Jones was on the field or not. They knew he was a key liability from film study.
    C.H.U.D.

What gets me about the fake FG TD was that it came down to if Brad Jones was on the field or not. They knew he was a key liability from film study.
    Do you really think it was Brad Jones doing whatever he felt like???
    I suspect it was knowing what Slocum was asking Brad Jones to do whenever he was in the game.

The fact that Chad Morton who MM fired last year from STs, now is ST assistant for Seattle might have had a lot to do with knowing what players did what in different situations

What I'm saying is SEA had a play drawn up just for that situation....whether that's on the player or coach you decide.
    C.H.U.D.

What I'm saying is SEA had a play drawn up just for that situation....whether that's on the player or coach you decide.
    Sorry. I've seen quite a few posters railing on Jones for doing that, and I suspect Jones is only doing what they want him to do. I think the fake succeeded because GB/Slocum was so predictable, especially because Chad Morton is in Seattle with the inside dope on Slocum from his time in GB.