Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: THE INTERCEPTION BY BURNETT

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Does anyone know if Peppers was asked about his "wave down" decision after the game? Or did he just slink out of the locker room with no comment?
    To the best of my knowledge, Peppers did not talk to the press.

Julius Peppers thinking ... ' We lost this game. '

Is this the last pic we'll see of Julius Peppers wearing Packers colors? A Packers 'Leader' has nothing to say after the collapse !? He was a part of that loss.

This question should have been asked and answered:

Why would Julius Peppers with all his experience wave Morgan Burnett to the ground after his pic and with so much game left?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    M3 in his presser yesterday mentioned that he understood why Peppers did so and that he "expected the offense would move the ball" (and take time off the clock).
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    M3 in his presser yesterday mentioned that he understood why Peppers did so and that he "expected the offense would move the ball" (and take time off the clock).
    I heard that said, but something does not compute. Stubby's subsequent actions do not square with his expectations.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I heard that said, but something does not compute. Stubby's subsequent actions do not square with his expectations.
    Actually, of everything he said about the team yesterday, this made sense to me. He goes into a 4 minute offense full expecting to be able to run (did it twice this year with big long drives) but willing to live with eating clock and TOs.

In retrospect, I am sure he wished Peppers doesn't do that.

What worries me more is that he notices the backside pursuit is killing his goal line run game earlier in the game. But he doesn't adjust when the Seahawks are sending 8 at the box late in the game. Now normally you play action, and Rodgers was unable to get under center and take that deep drop (or they were unwilling to take that risk) but what was the game plan for this?

Because while no one foresees Bostick's drop or Burnett taking a knee, M3 knew play action would be tough to run. You have to have a counter or something to wrong foot the attacking defense. Normally that is Rodgers on a boot or play action, but there has to be something else.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I was thinking Cobb in the backfield. Or, you've got TO's, how about Arod takes one after he's at the LOS and sees what Seattle is doing?

Plus, they moved the ball down the field for the tying field goal by passing. How'd they do that?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I was thinking Cobb in the backfield. Or, you've got TO's, how about Arod takes one after he's at the LOS and sees what Seattle is doing?

Plus, they moved the ball down the field for the tying field goal by passing. How'd they do that?
    Seattle was playing back in a more conventional D. Until they had the lead, those last two drives they were all on the LOS.

You have to make a choice, you go strength on strength and hope to win or you spread it out. Since he was willing to just eat clock and TOs, he didn't change it up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Disappointing. Being a playoff captain and a player no doubt the rest of the defense (and team for that matter) looked up to based on his past accomplishments, it would seem fitting he would want to step up and own his mistake. Instead, Burnett is left to twist in the wind and has gotten raked over the coals unmercifully. I have no doubt Burnett would still be running if the respected ol' man of the D had not waved him down.

It's at a time like this I need to keep in mind that he is a former Chicago Bear after all.

Damage control isn't one of Mike McCarthy's strong points.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Disappointing. Being a playoff captain and a player no doubt the rest of the defense (and team for that matter) looked up to based on his past accomplishments, it would seem fitting he would want to step up and own his mistake. Instead, Burnett is left to twist in the wind and has gotten raked over the coals unmercifully. I have no doubt Burnett would still be running if the respected ol' man of the D had not waved him down.

It's at a time like this I need to keep in mind that he is a former Chicago Bear after all.
    That game in Seattle reflected Julius Peppers career in the NFL. That might be summed up by the term 'very good and close but no cigar'.

What's really sad is that Julius Peppers besides 'the chicken shit choke wave' to Morgan Burnett; had a fine performance in the game. Peppers had 5 tackles, 1.5 sacks and put pressure on Russell Wilson throughout the game.

He signed with the Packers feeling that he could help the team get back to the Super Bowl game. He was elected as a leader on his team but leaders are accountable and he failed there miserably. Leaders don't go into sulk mode. Julius Peppers went right there.