Thread: Canada’s under-18 football team defeated USA for the second straight year.

Canada’s under-18 football team defeated USA for the second straight year.

http://canada.nfl.com/2015/02/03/canadians-on-the-rise/

Canadians on the Rise

The Montreal Canadians of the NHL !? No... not those Canadians.

Canada’s top under-18 football players defeated their American counterparts 25-9 for the second straight year in international competition.

The win, under the lights at AT&T (Cowboy) Stadium in Arlington, Texas, marked the second consecutive year that Canada’s National Team has defeated the U.S. in the game.

For the rest of the story please click the LINK.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Meanwhile, the U-19 team rolled.

ARLINGTON — South Oak Cliff safety Prentice McKinney intercepted two second-half passes and returned the first 80 yards for a touchdown to lead the under-19 Team USA to a 35-0 victory over Canada in the International Bowl on Saturday afternoon at UT-Arlington’s Maverick Stadium.

McKinney, an Oklahoma signee, was named the game MVP.

“This means so, so much to me — to win for my country,’’ he said. "It was a way for me to repay my coaches.''

McKinney used speed and broken-field running ability to navigate past numerous potential tacklers on his touchdown return on the final play of the third quarter that widened the U.S. lead to 28-0.

Notre Dame signee Jalen Guyton, a wide receiver from Allen, scored the third U.S. touchdown on a 5-yard slant three minutes before halftime. The score was set up by Guyton’s leaping 33-yard reception, which forced the receiver to contend with not only a Canadian defensive back but the strong wind.

“Just part of playing outside,” said Guyton of the gusty conditions. “Our quarterbacks did a great job of getting the ball up high to me.”

Allen’s Tom Westerberg served as U.S. head coach.

“We only had seven practices to come together,” Westerberg said. “I think we came a long way. This was fun.”

Devontre Stricklin (Waco Midway), a future Baylor Bear, opened the scoring with a 16-yard end zone reception of a pass from Iowa-bound Ryan Boyle of Urbandale, Iowa.

Defensive lineman Mario Osborne (Daphne, Ala.) intercepted a screen pass and returned it 16 yards to the Canadian 6 to set up the second U.S. score. No. 2 quarterback Riley Neal (Yorktown, Ind., and Ball State) speared Ben Glines (Cincinnati) on a 6-yard slant to make it 14-0.

Canada came up empty on two threats in the third quarter thanks to a fumble recovery by Jacob Robinson (Westfield, Ind.) and a fourth-down stop by Thomas Toki (Mountain View, Calif.).

The U.S. completed the shutout by stopping a threat in the final seconds.

and and and ......we beat you in curling all the time !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau