Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: An Attempt At Discussing McCarthy's Future

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That man has to first and foremost hold himself responsible for that loss today.
    I agree. Seeing Big Mike after the game, he looked shell shocked. I don't mean that as a metaphor, I mean he literally looked like he crawled out of a WW I trench.

It will take some time.

Seriously - can they mentally get over this? Something like this can really affect a person for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by domey View Post
    Seriously - can they mentally get over this? Something like this can really affect a person for a long time.
    I find myself wanting to fire MM. I am unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by domey View Post
    I've seen comparisons to the decline that happened to the Cowboys after "The Catch." That being said, look at the Spurs. Lost gut-wrenchingly to the Heat and then came back the next year and absolutely dominated them in the Finals. But again, they have an elite coach in Pop and an amazing crew of veterans. Not a perfect comparison.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    It was the most painful loss in the history of sports. I'm not joking.

But shit, every season ends with a loss - if you are good enough to make playoffs and don't win Super Bowl.

This too shall pass, like a kidney stone.
    This one might grow like a tumor on that chinese guy.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Wow....they are coming out of the woodwork. Father or son?
    Holy spirit.

Blog Entries
    I'm not happy with MM or Capers after today and ST coaching has been terrible for too long.

With that being said, what current coaches would you take over MM (besides Hoody Genius, which is a given) ?

And what I out there you would hire over MM ?

I think the leash is long but I do hope TT will push for some staff improvements like he did with Vanilla Bob Sanders years back
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'm not happy with MM or Capers after today and ST coaching has been terrible for too long.

With that being said, what current coaches would you take over MM (besides Hoody Genius, which is a given) ?

And what I out there you would hire over MM ?

I think the leash is long but I do hope TT will push for some staff improvements like he did with Vanilla Bob Sanders years back
    Current? Besides Belichick, I'd probably take Harbaugh, Pagano, Tomlin, Carroll. Maybe even Chip.

The latter question is a harder one. Don't have an immediate answer to that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk View Post
    Current? Besides Belichick, I'd probably take Harbaugh, Pagano, Tomlin, Carroll. Maybe even Chip.

GOOD LIST....some might argue Sean Payton

I think I'd prefer Hoody Genius and Pete Carroll but I"m not sure I"d take any of the others.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I agree. Seeing Big Mike after the game, he looked shell shocked. I don't mean that as a metaphor, I mean he literally looked like he crawled out of a WW I trench.

It will take some time.
    He didn't crawl out of a trench - he crawled out of a shell; b/c that is what he crawled into with 5:00 left in the game - just hoping the clock would run out... tick, tock... why won't it go faster??!!!

MM was simply terrible at the end of this game, and dunderdummy was worse... as good a job as they did in the first half, they exponentially screwed it the other way in the 2nd half.

MM isn't going anywhere - but for the love of God, can we get rid of dunderdummy?? I'm beggin ya??
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk View Post

Pagano just lost 45-7. Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game since 2010. Chip hasn't won a playoff game.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 01-18-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    and Mike McCarthy will still be THE SAME MIKE MCCARTHY.

He won't get his team another Super Bowl win unless he makes some serious changes.

That man has to first and foremost hold himself responsible for that loss today.

That's a decent and understandable start.
    I give up. Serious changes? Replacing their 3rd string TE on the hands team is a change that woulda got him to the Super Bowl this year. How serious is that?

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    but for the love of God, can we get rid of dunderdummy?? I'm beggin ya??
    We gave up 21 points to the prolific cowboy offense. We gave up 22 to the Seahawks on a day where Rodgers through two picks. Exactly what is the problem here? Did you not expect to win both games with the points allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Harbaugh was 8-8 this year. Pagano just lost 45-7. Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game since 2010. Chip hasn't won a playoff game.
    Top coaches IMO:

1. BB
    2. John Harbaugh
    3. Jim Harbaugh

After that, it is Tomlin/Payton/McCarthy/Carroll. John Harbaugh is amazing.

I don't think Michigan beats the Steelers or Packers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Top coaches IMO:

1. BB
    2. John Harbaugh
    3. Jim Harbaugh

John Harbaugh was absolutely schooled by the best last week. Maybe he's better than MM but I'm not sold yet. I'll take Carroll though

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    A good coach learns from his mistakes. I'm just not seeing that from stubby. Since I agree he will be back next year, please please prove me wrong and fire Slocum and capers, and grow some larger balls.

It will take some time.
    Yeah, I gotta imagine as tough as it is for fans, it's got to be devastating for coaches and players.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Top coaches IMO:

1. BB
    2. John Harbaugh
    3. Jim Harbaugh

Packers routinely beat John Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Pagano just lost 45-7. Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game since 2010. Chip hasn't won a playoff game.
    Pagano overachieved with the roster he had. Tomlin has been wrecked by injuries the last few years. Chip just brings so much to the table that I think his success is inevitable if he decides he wants to stick it out in the pros.