Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: An Attempt At Discussing McCarthy's Future

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Maybe the Packers just need to tank a season or two to get higher draft picks. All this success is just leading to draft failure. It will be worth it, believe me. You will enjoy those 4-12 seasons.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Maybe the Packers just need to tank a season or two to get higher draft picks. All this success is just leading to draft failure. It will be worth it, believe me. You will enjoy those 4-12 seasons.
    They could trade Brad Jones and AJ Hawk plus a fifth rounder for Joe Thomas. Then move Thomas for a pair of first round picks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They could trade Brad Jones and AJ Hawk plus a fifth rounder for Joe Thomas. Then move Thomas for a pair of first round picks.
    I think that would work, but Hershel Walker has to be included somewhere in that trade sequence.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    GOOD LIST....some might argue Sean Payton

I think I'd prefer Hoody Genius and Pete Carroll but I"m not sure I"d take any of the others.
    Sean won how many games this year?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    There will be no changes... Ted doesn't make rash decisions.

They'll rationalize that the coaching decisions played no role in the loss - they'll cash their paychecks, and we'll see everyone again next fall.

The facts of life and Packer Nation.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

The facts of life and Packer Nation.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Wow....they are coming out of the woodwork. Father or son?
    Yep. I noticed that too. The really bad ones are just increasing the size of my ignore list.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk View Post
    Pagano overachieved with the roster he had. Tomlin has been wrecked by injuries the last few years. Chip just brings so much to the table that I think his success is inevitable if he decides he wants to stick it out in the pros.
    M3 has had to deal with injuries too...and keeps winning the division. I'd take him over Tomlin easy. And M3 was Chip before Chip came to the NFL.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I dunno, Stubby seems to improve with the health of his players. even today, there were a ton of yards left on the field because Rodgers couldn't run.

Everyone - and most people here, myself included - thought the Seachickens were gonna win. Stubby and his staff punked the shit outta Seattle for 55 minutes and then collapsed with as absurd a collection of errors and odd circumstances as you'll ever see. Good coaches don't make the playoffs 6 straight years. Great coaches do. Stubby has proven himself a great coach. Until he starts winning 5-6 games/year for several years, he's gonna stay in GB. Watch today's game again and you'll see a coach who adapted well to the defense he had to play. It just collapsed horribly.
    Remaining competitive late in the season with low round draft picks and few first round picks panning out due to injury or talent implies that M3 and staff are doing well (especially the offense). Today's collapse wasn't about offensive coaching. It was a defensive catastrophe in the last 5 minutes of regulation. It just fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Remaining competitive late in the season with low round draft picks and few first round picks panning out due to injury or talent implies that M3 and staff are doing well (especially the offense). Today's collapse wasn't about offensive coaching. It was a defensive catastrophe in the last 5 minutes of regulation. It just fell apart.
    I think it was a sort of equal opportunity collapse. I really believe that the cause was a change in attitude following the last INT. Everyone switched into kneel-down mode, and they couldn't restart the engines.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk View Post
    Pagano overachieved with the roster he had. Tomlin has been wrecked by injuries the last few years. Chip just brings so much to the table that I think his success is inevitable if he decides he wants to stick it out in the pros.
    If only we knew of some other team that has routinely been wrecked by injuries over the past few years, we could see how they have done. Does anyone know of such a team?
    Go PACK

I think it was a sort of equal opportunity collapse. I really believe that the cause was a change in attitude following the last INT. Everyone switched into kneel-down mode, and they couldn't restart the engines.
    I maintain that all the Packers had to do was to slow (not stop) down the Seahawks offense in the last five minutes. A two possession game where possessions were routinely taking 7 minutes off the clock on both sides meant all the defense had to do was to make the Seahawks earn their points. There wasn't enough time to earn them all. But then there was a collapse.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I maintain that all the Packers had to do was to slow (not stop) down the Seahawks offense in the last five minutes. A two possession game where possessions were routinely taking 7 minutes off the clock on both sides meant all the defense had to do was to make the Seahawks earn their points. There wasn't enough time to earn them all. But then there was a collapse.
    I maintain that Bostick needed to get his head out of his ass and do his job on the onside kick and the game was over.

Of course one first down by the O sealed the deal also.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I maintain that Bostick needed to get his head out of his ass and do his job on the onside kick and the game was over.

Of course one first down by the O sealed the deal also.
    No ThunderDan you cannot slip it all on Brandon Bostick.

Read what Aaron Rodgers is saying:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-play-calling/

Aaron Rodgers does not seem happy with play-calling

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 19, 2015, 7:27 AM EST

Further comment:

ThunderDan !?

Do you want to make this it's own thread?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Further comment:

ThunderDan !?

If Bostick does his job and Jordy gets the onside kick do we win?

Yes, there were other players and points in the game where we could have put it away. HaHa should have knocked the ball down on the 2 point moon ball prayer. Stop the fake FG. Etc......

-Tim Harmston

I think Capers showed yesterday why McCarthy has so much loyalty to him. The GB defense absolutely kicked the crap out of the Seahawks for 57 minutes. I haven't seen such a dominating, ass-kicking performance in the limelight a Packer defense since they took the Niners out to the woodshed in the 1995 divisional round. I wish I could see this as a sign of good things to come in 2016, but this loss is going to be hard to bounce back from.

That is the trouble though. While wist has burned out his flight or fight response to Capers D, it has had repeated trouble playing bend but don't break defense late in games. Packers D has terrible numbers in the 4th Quarter. Some of this is playing out a lead, but it also points to problems with zone coverage. They just don't play it well.

The TD at the end with no safety was a run blitz, but much of the trouble was having everyone back in a zone.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Further comment:

ThunderDan !?

Rodgers is understandably frustrated, and like any QB worth his salt he wants to throw the ball to win the game. But MM stayed true to the principles that have won the Packers games this year. They've been running the ball in the five-minute offense on a regular basis, and they have gotten results. This time they got stuffed by a DL that they had been pushing around for most of the afternoon, and then the defense backed off on the pressure that had given Wilson fits for the entire afternoon. If you want to blame someone for being too conservative it should Capers. But first blame Slocum for not expecting the fake (how the f*** could he not be expecting that?!?) and don't forget to blame Quarless and Bostick for their drops, Rodgers for his miss-fires, and Burnett for sliding too early.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    If Bostick does his job and Jordy gets the onside kick do we win?

Yes, there were other players and points in the game where we could have put it away. HaHa should have knocked the ball down on the 2 point moon ball prayer. Stop the fake FG. Etc......
    Didn't you see the game?

Did you miss anything here Thunderdan?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arthy-blew-it/

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Didn't you see the game?

Did you miss anything here Thunderdan?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arthy-blew-it/
    Yes, I saw the game.

Yes, I read your article and still think that getting points early in the game was the right call. We were ahead by two scores with 2:30 left in the game.

Now please answer my question.

If Bostick does his job and Jordy gets the onside kick do we win the game?

-Tim Harmston