Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: An Attempt At Discussing McCarthy's Future

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    The decline is inevitable. No team's success can last forever, regardless of the strength of the organization. Just look at the history of the NFL. Every year we get into the playoffs is another year closer to the decline of the packer empire. You have to win when the stars align.
    It can't last forever, but it should last as long as Rodgers is one of the NFL's top QB's, and as long as TT and MM are running things. Unlike teams like New Orleans and the Giants, teams that have won fairly recent Super Bowls, the Packers are better than they were 2 years ago. They are one of the top 3 teams in the NFL, and they are the 4th youngest team. The decline seems far off.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not going to lie. The Schottenheimer comparisons are frightening.
    I'm not buying it. MM already won one SB, there is no jinx and no congenital inability to win the big one here. Could MM have done better on Sunday? Maybe, but in his defense he was true to the principles that got the team to that point in the first place. There is a reasonable argument to be made that MM did exactly what he had to do, and that too many players failed to execute when it was time to snuff the life out of the skittles.

But you're an old Browns fan, aren't you? I can imagine that the comparison probably brings back horrid memories that no one would wish to relive.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I'm not buying it. MM already won one SB, there is no jinx and no congenital inability to win the big one here. Could MM have done better on Sunday? Maybe, but in his defense he was true to the principles that got the team to that point in the first place. There is a reasonable argument to be made that MM did exactly what he had to do, and that too many players failed to execute when it was time to snuff the life out of the skittles.

But you're an old Browns fan, aren't you? I can imagine that the comparison probably brings back horrid memories that no one would wish to relive.
    My eyelid has been twitching since I read his name. And there is a vein popping out I haven't seen in a while.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I give up. Serious changes? Replacing their 3rd string TE on the hands team is a change that woulda got him to the Super Bowl this year. How serious is that?
    vince:

Brandon Bostic screwed up. That's too obvious to even discuss.

What's even worse is to park the total Green Bay Packer collapse on that successful for Seattle onside kick. If 'on side kicks' were never successful would Seattle have tried to execute one?

I maintain that many things transpired to allow a victory for Seattle.Let's neglect anything that transpired good, bad or indifferent in the opening half.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201501...yze=playbyplay

In this LINK:

** Observe what the NFL.COM Analyst Team of Greg Rosenthal, Dan Hanzus, Chris Wesseling and Marc Sessler have to say about the game.

** Also study the Play By Play starting at 4:56 remaining in the 3rd Qtr.

NOTE:

With 4:56 remaining in the 3rd Qtr. The Score is Green Bay 16 - Seattle 0.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What's even worse is to park the total Green Bay Packer collapse on that successful for Seattle onside kick. If 'on side kicks' were never successful would Seattle have tried to execute one?
    Yes, because it was their only hope. 20% of expected onside kicks work.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Brandon Bostic screwed up. That's too obvious to even discuss.
    You agree with me now that Bostick screwed up.

Will you apologize to me for your rants now too?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I'm not advocating getting rid of McCarthy. On the other hand, everything else being equal, I think the Packers would be just as successful with a guy like Bruce Arians in charge.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Good Christ people, who the Hell do you want? Marc Trestman 2.0? The Packers have been one of the top teams in the NFL since 2007. There are a lot more Leslie Frazier's and Jim Schwartz's than there are Vince Lombardi's. Even if McCarthy was the sole reason the Packers lost the game it doesn't mean you should fire him for it. The Packers are a Super Bowl threat every year and have won one already. Losing games like that isn't' acceptable, but the repercussions of losing shouldn't be the fire the guy because there is probably about a 96.7% chance that the next guy won't be any better. It's quite likely he would be worse.

The problem, of course, is finding Bruce Arians before he becomes Bruce Arians with another team. These are the hires so far this year:

Rex Ryan
    Jack Del Rio
    Jim Tomsula
    Gary Kubiak
    John Fox
    Todd Bowles

Impressed with anyone? Replacing McCarthy is harder than people think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yeah, I gotta imagine as tough as it is for fans, it's got to be devastating for coaches and players.
    If you go to the Packers' website and watch video clips of the players as they clean out their lockers on Monday they are still in shock. Make it a point to watch Randall Cobb. He said he awoke several times Sunday night because he couldn't sleep. Listening to Aaron's radio show earlier on Tuesday you could tell he truly didn't want to talk about the game even after 2 days. This is gonna take a while for them to digest this disaster and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    M3 has had to deal with injuries too...and keeps winning the division. I'd take him over Tomlin easy. And M3 was Chip before Chip came to the NFL.
    And we really had our way with Chip and the Iggles this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I maintain that Bostick needed to get his head out of his ass and do his job on the onside kick and the game was over.

Of course one first down by the O sealed the deal also.
    Our offense not sustaining that drive after Burnett's INT was the beginning of the end to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yes, I saw the game.

Yes, I read your article and still think that getting points early in the game was the right call. We were ahead by two scores with 2:30 left in the game.

Now please answer my question.

If Bostick does his job and Jordy gets the onside kick do we win the game?
    How much time was left, was it under a minute at that point? If so then yes, we win that game and we aren't all in mourning.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    what the fuck? Are you fucking kidding me? Fucking playoffs almost every year for 20 years. 3 Super Bowl wins in 18 years. 13 championships, two great HOF QBs back to back. Arguably the greatest coach in all of sports history. Lambeau Field. Mystique with no rival. What the hell is wrong with you people?
    They are spoiled and probably never endured the crap we older fans put up with between Lombardi and Wolf/Holmgren. Those years were terrible. We made the playoffs 2 times over a 25 year period. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Coaches who consistently get to the playoffs lose their jobs usually only when relationships break down between the coach and either the GM/front office or owners. When the working relationship breaks down, you have to move on, because things can turn sour very quickly.
    Just ask Jim Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It can't last forever, but it should last as long as Rodgers is one of the NFL's top QB's, and as long as TT and MM are running things. Unlike teams like New Orleans and the Giants, teams that have won fairly recent Super Bowls, the Packers are better than they were 2 years ago. They are one of the top 3 teams in the NFL, and they are the 4th youngest team. The decline seems far off.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    You guys are so f'ing spoiled. You have no idea what it is like to be fans of most NFL teams. Try living in the shoes of a Redskins fan for just four months. One Superbowl win, three NFC championship games, made the playoffs six years running...You guys are funny

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having expectations. That is a good thing. We expect the Packers to win. I have a perfectly clear idea of what it is like to be a Browns fan. So do most other Packer fans. That is why we push for improvement and change when it is necessary.

We don't want to become fans of an irrelevant franchise.
    High expectations are great. You should have them. Going all chicken little when the Packers don't make it to the SB is overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Coaches who consistently get to the playoffs lose their jobs usually only when relationships break down between the coach and either the GM/front office or owners. When the working relationship breaks down, you have to move on, because things can turn sour very quickly.
    This post make sense; in the seas of posts after the Chokinship game. I'm a known Stubby basher...and for the best reason but you can't fire McCarthy and that's because of this working relationship. I don't wan't the Packers of the '70ties and '80ties (though I did become a Packer in '89) but that's not the case here. 2 HOF QBs for nearly 25 years...I'd want to be compared to other dynasties, so comparing this Packers era to another 25 years of failure is plainly a wrong comparison. You can only compare these last 25 years with other franchises that has been blessed in a similar manner...and that's where Stubby fails. Tough but it's part of winning sports. It is McStubby that has been spoiled with talent along with the prior head coaches called Mike. This Packers era is no dynasty. Those coaches apparently just doesn't have 'IT'...except for Holmgren yet it still grew to his head - so there's that.

Lastly, blaming Bostick is ridiculous. Coaching not to lose is the culprit and keeping your no good "buddies" on your coaching staff is also. Bostick took responsibilty...what did Stubby do? Nothing.

So I expect those kind of choking games from the above but damn it...he [almost] had me at halftime then Stubby prophetically blew it. He's no Patton, that's for sure.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Packman_26 View Post
    Good Christ people, who the Hell do you want? Marc Trestman 2.0? The Packers have been one of the top teams in the NFL since 2007. There are a lot more Leslie Frazier's and Jim Schwartz's than there are Vince Lombardi's. Even if McCarthy was the sole reason the Packers lost the game it doesn't mean you should fire him for it. The Packers are a Super Bowl threat every year and have won one already. Losing games like that isn't' acceptable, but the repercussions of losing shouldn't be the fire the guy because there is probably about a 96.7% chance that the next guy won't be any better. It's quite likely he would be worse.
    Please:

List the members here that have called for Mike McCarthy to be fired !?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau