Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Guy, Packer Fan since 1958, has an opinionn about the Collapse in the NFC Championship Game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Guy, Packer Fan since 1958, has an opinionn about the Collapse in the NFC Championship Game

Hindsight is 20/20......but

IT IS a mystery to me, why Big Mike played Not To Lose in the first Quarter of that game
    What with the failure of Kuhn on the first drive, I would have went for it, once again,
    on 4th down.

Then handed a gift, and finding themselves once again, just feet away from the gola line, Mike kicks again.

Seattle was a joke in the first half, but only haad to deal with a 3 possesion deficit, going into the locker room.

In the second half, when Sherman was clutching his arm like a sick parakeet hiding it's head under it's wing,
    why did not McCarthy exploit this obvious malady?

Why do you not smother the field with people to at least knock down passes, in overtime, and lest Marshon Lynch run?

The most offesenive player, on the Green Bay side, was their kicker. Their...kicker.

Now we have a Super Bowl where once again, it's going to be The Boston Patriots 48 Seattle Seahawks 13. Yawn

I totally despise, the Boston Patriots, and their entire claim to gravity and the free air, on this earth.

I love their baseball team.

Welcome aboard! There's something eerily familiar about you. Spend any time in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Welcome aboard! There's something eerily familiar about you. Spend any time in prison?
    That prompts this question HH:

Did you spend any time in prison?

It's OK.... Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman did in Papillon.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Delbert!

I know your second cousin Hubert.

He married Lorraine Shuster-Shiner.

She's now Lorraine Shuster-Shiner Shims.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

ya, I did a little time. I've paid my debt, not ashamed. There was DB on the prison football team named "Shims." Tough guy, misunderstood, "Cold Play" fan.

ya, I did a little time. I've paid my debt, not ashamed. There was DB on the prison football team named "Shims." Tough guy, misunderstood, "Cold Play" fan.
    Heck they get you down there for peeling an apple wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Heck they get you down there for peeling an apple wrong.
    Or beating your high school gym teacher to death with a fire extinguisher. I was a little high strung.

I have to go to bed and comfort Mae.

She's horridly distraught over this Packer loss.

I can't wait for next season.

Actually, I saw the movie Papillion when I was young, it was between Steve MecQeen and Dustin Hoffman that year for best actor in my humble opiniom, but as much as I love the Packers I doubt if it would have wrote down the roster of the
    1967 team on some toilet paper, wrapped it up and put it in a lipstick holder and shoved it passed my sphincter muscle, there are limitations to fan worship, do you not agree?

I say again, McCarthy has to run the business on the field, with the personnel handed to him. to help him administarte,
    the current Project Site. With the people somebody hired that is sitting in a luxury box.
    But there comes a time, when you have to put your nutsACk on the table, despite the admonitions of the sideline suits,
    and go for it. He had two opportunities in the first quarter, with plenty of time, to make up two zeores.
    Yeah you don't leave points off the board, but, there is no schedule after this game.

Pound for Pound, this is a better team than the 1996 Team, which broke the 30 year draught, of Super Bowl Apperances, '
    Aaron Ridgeers, has made us forget Whats His Name? The most overrated QB in Green Bay History.
    I'm falling on my ass, but I'm going to throw it anyway on First and Ten, No Risk No Reward. Brett Favre, the choker
    when it came to play off time. When the shit hit the fan, in the playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert Shims View Post
    I doubt if it would have wrote down the roster of the
    1967 team on some toilet paper, wrapped it up and put it in a lipstick holder and shoved it passed my sphincter muscle,
    Shimsy, it is you! I'll never forget the time you pulled the lipstick trick.

there comes a time, when you have to put your nutsACk on the table, despite the admonitions of the sideline suits,
    and go for it. He had two opportunities in the first quarter, with plenty of time, to make up two zeores.
    I agree. MM was aggressive all year. His nutsack got sucked-up into his body cavity in cold Seattle rain. I disagree with Vince's posts, football is more than cold statistical calculations. Its firstly a game of emotions and exerting of will.

Blog Entries
    Shimsy, it is you! I'll never forget the time you pulled the lipstick trick.

I agree. MM was aggressive all year. His nutsack got sucked-up into his body cavity in cold Seattle rain. I disagree with Vince's posts, football is more than cold statistical calculations. Its firstly a game of emotions and exerting of will.
    Can't find where I posted anything even remotely resembling that.

This is another classic internet asshole treehouse club forum, I get it.

Good Bye

Good Bye
    Don't go away mad. I thought you were a different poster who understood some inside jokes.

This is not another classic internet asshole club forum. It is the original classic internet asshole club forum. If you really have been a Packer fan since 1958, you will be bunking with Woodbuck. We like to pair-up older gentlemen in our buddy system because their naps coincide.

Now, tell us that story about Tobin Rote

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Good Bye
    It usually takes most new posters 4 posts before they realize we're a bunch of assholes. But we appreciate your pointing it out. It keeps us humble.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Football is definitely a game of emotions but it takes more.

Maybe it has to do with how much people played the game but I'm amazed at how so many fans consistently attribute failure with a lack of passion or "playing scared" or not having a "killer instinct".

Those are meaningless emotional responses by fans after the fact - not the team - to a failure to execute at key points.

The coaches and players had plenty of passion, killer instinct and aggressiveness. None of that is the reason they lost control of the game.

Hell, if Brandon Bostick had just allowed his brain to drive his actions rather than his passion, emotion, killer instinct, or whatever else you want to call it in that pivotal situation, the Packers would be on their way to the Super Bowl today.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Football is definitely a game of emotions but it takes more.

Maybe it has to do with how much people played the game but I'm amazed at how so many fans consistently attribute failure with a lack of passion or "playing scared" or not having a "killer instinct".

Those are meaningless emotional responses by fans after the fact - not the team - to a failure to execute at key points.

The coaches and players had plenty of passion, killer instinct and aggressiveness. None of that is the reason they lost control of the game.

Hell, if Brandon Bostick had just allowed his brain to drive his actions rather than his passion, emotion, killer instinct, or whatever else you want to call it in that pivotal situation, the Packers would be on their way to the Super Bowl today.
    +1

It's a tired cliche.
    Go PACK

Actually I know who Tobin Rote is.....was.....he's probably dead now, or in a nursing home

Del

Actually I know who Tobin Rote is.....was.....he's probably dead now, or in a nursing home

Del
    Tobin Cornelius Rote died: June 27, 2000 (aged 72) in Saginaw, Michigan.

I remember Tobin Rote being a big star for the Toronto Argonauts back in the early 1960's. I was an Ottawa Rough Riders fan in the CFL back then as well as a Green Bay Backer fan.

Tobin Rote was very special.

** His 38 TD passes in 1960 was an all-time CFL record.

** In 1961 Tobin Rote completed a 108 yard pass play to 'Florida Gator Great Jim Rountree' that's still a team record.

** In 1960 Rote threw 7 touchdown passes in a game twice and a CFL record at that time.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Tobin Cornelius Rote died: June 27, 2000 (aged 72) in Saginaw, Michigan.
    kindof explains itself
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    HANG AROUND DELBERT..........THERE ARE A FEW LIKEABLE ASSHOLES IN HERE

WELCOME TO THE FORUM !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?